what kind of car do you drive?

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
I am rather suprised quite a few know my car
smiles.gif

They were pretty popular in California , at least the southern part!

I had some weird guy in high school try and pick me up in one once, It was silver with a "superman"logo badge on the hood. I was like " yeah your car is cool but you are pretty ugly so no"

I bet he thought If he had a hot car, he could get chicks.. turns out it didnt work that way.. Im sure he found someone eventually.

Bonbonroz

I drive a 2004 Peugeot 206, it's quite small but I like it and it would be impossible to park next to my house with a bigger one... And I also drive my husband's 2005 Citroën C4 coupé, which is red and beautiful and I love it!!

ashleydenise

Quote:
Most poeple have no idea what my car is.

I drive a 1995 Toyota Supra. I love her to death and find her absolutely gorgeous, even for being a bit old
winks.gif

Ohhh I wanted a Supra for the longest time!! =[

Janice

Quote:
I am rather suprised quite a few know my car
smiles.gif

Aww come on let's not perpetuate the same stereotypes on us that boys do.

I'd give a left nut (if I had one) for a '98 RSP TT. Is yours NA or TT?

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Aww come on let's not perpetuate the same stereotypes on us that boys do.

I'd give a left nut (if I had one) for a '98 RSP TT. Is yours NA or TT?

Please don't take it wrong, I wasn't trying to group you lovely ladies as you don't know anything about cars. Just in general male and females do not know what it is. When my car had no emblems I would always get asked what car was it. A few people asked if it was a Ferrari. (I wish!)
tong.gif

Dang Janice, I would too! But I am more picky. I want it to be a hardtop 6 speed. Mine is an NA, my car will be a TT hopefully by the end of next year. Wish me the best of luck. I got hooked on driving an ex's 6 speed TT and now I can't go back to my car. hehe

Janice

Quote:
But I am more picky. I want it to be a hardtop 6 speed.

I'm fine with targa, but yes a 6 speed is a must. I would be curious if they made any RSP's that year with auto trans?

miss_supra

Quote:
I'm fine with targa, but yes a 6 speed is a must. I would be curious if they made any RSP's that year with auto trans?

I take a hardtop over targa because of how much intergity is lost for the chasis. Targas tend to have too much 'wet noodle' action for me while driving. I am also into the preformance over looks. My ex had a targa, and sad to say my car handled better in the corners than his car, even with his roll bar to help stiffen the chasis.

I am sad to admit, but there are a few RSP with autos T_T

Janice

Quote:
I take a hardtop over targa because of how much intergity is lost for the chasis. Targas tend to have too much 'wet noodle' action for me while driving. I am also into the preformance over looks. My ex had a targa, and sad to say my car handled better in the corners than his car, even with his roll bar to help stiffen the chasis.

Meh, you can remedy that with a race suspension and strut tower bars/sway bars. Besides I'm a convertible girl at heart and I love the feel of open air and wouldn't give it up for a little extra body flex. =P

Quote:
I am sad to admit, but there are a few RSP with autos T_T

I'm aware that RSP's as a whole were made available with auto trans, and I was wrong, I was thinking of wrong year... I'm a little rusty it's been a little while since I've talked shop. It was the '97 RSP's that were the 15th anniversary edition model. I was curious if they had auto as an option for the '97 AE, and it appears they did! I was curious, most sports cars don't even have it as an option for SE or AE models. Bah.

STolEn_KisS

Its my first car. =)

2006 Nissan Sentra special edition.

I got it a few monthes ago. It was my 17 b-day gift. Love it.

adored

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
I just got a 2007 Pontiac G5... yes a G5, everyone thinks I'm wrong and mean G6, but the G5 is different. lol

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I have a 2007 G5GT.. love it!
greengrin.gif

MAC_Whore

Quote:
...I'd give a left nut (if I had one) for a '98 RSP TT. Is yours NA or TT?

Janice, I had no idea you were a closet gear head
smiles.gif

Janice

It used to be a huge passion of mine, not that it isn't still... I've just had to repress it a bit right now until we get another project car.
greengrin.gif

But ya, I used to really be into tuning, I had a quick little CRX that I got into the 13's N/A. I did all of my own work (except the engine swap), I just love working on cars. I had a website where I would answer people's questions about engine swaps, suspension setups, drag racing, etc for Honda's. The local street racing scene (I know I was a baaaad girl) used to be suuuper huge back in the hay day before The Fast and Furious came out brought out a flood of newbs and posers and the cops cracked down. I got respect (for the most part - there's always assholes out there) so I had the opportunity to drive/race alot my friends cars, including several Supra's. My most prized opportunity to drive was a visiting friend's Nissan Skyline
th_drool.gif

Anywho, "the scene" is how I met my husband, he had a sweet Subaru RS (GC8) that he had heavily modified, and I used to kick it with the Subaru peeps so I knew him for awhile through cars before we started dating.

After I sold my CRX I bought a Miata and had alot of fun with that one too, but it was more handling/suspension rather than go fast oriented. We needed a bigger car though (cause at the point we were both in Miata's) so mine was sold and we bought a compact SUV.

And that's that. For now.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I bought an Acura integra about 6 years ago when the whole tuning scene was at its peak in So.Cal, (its died down significantly since then, you Dont see many here at all anymore) I was really excited but then I discovered it was gonna require massive cash to make my car into anything special without using any Nitrous (not into that)
EDIT: while still having the car be smog legal, In Ca there are A LOT of restrictions on cars if you wan to drive them on the road, for example A LOT Of aftermarket exhaust systems are illegal/wont pass smog

I see my boyfriend building a 600+ H.P 351w small block ford n/a for under 6 grand.. and I was like "wwhhhat!..not fair!"

Katura - Your bike is awesome! Ive always been waaaayy to scared to ride one because I know Im gonna put my self out there acting like a fool and being retarded with the clutch and stuff and everyone will laugh at me..haha ., but inside I secretly want to.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

My dad restores classic muscle cars, so Ive been doin the car thing my whole life.

I have a bad obsession with cars. All kinds of cars. I don't discriminate. haha.