what mac aren't you into?

jillianjiggs

i'm primarily into mac eyeshadows and msfs.
i have eyeshadows, msfs, some pigment samples, shadesticks/paints and brushes. the rest i don't bother with or haven't tried yet, and/or have no interest in trying!

i'm very glad i haven't gotten into their lipsticks (or else i know i'd be way poor-er), lipglasses/glosses/whatever (have so many other kinds laying around that get no love so i can't justify buying any mac), eyeliners or mascaras (again, too pricey for something that is just too similar to something i can get for cheaper) and basically everything else cosmetic-y that they offer. i own strobe cream but i could live without it.

is there a specific thing mac makes that you don't like or own any of?

prinzessin784

I'm pretty sure the only thing I don't own is a mascara, and I've only tried one kind of foundation or coverup and while I like the foundation it's not my favorite. I do love their blushes and lip products though!

TM26

I don't own any of their lipsticks,or lip liners, but I am more of a gloss person.

ledonatella

I'm gonna get heat for this but I'm not a pigment person. I do like some of them and use them here and there but I don't obsess over them. Maybe it's my OCD but I'd rather have neat pressed eyeshadows then messy loose ones and I have no desire to turn them into homemade nail polishes, eyeliners, etc. That's just too much work for me, lol!

bruinshorty

I'm really only into eyeshadows. I have foundation, a few lipsticks and glosses, a few MSFs, a paint, pigment samples, and a few fluidlines. I'm not into the brushes (I have some of the SE brushes and use my target brushes more!), mascara, lipliner and pencil eyeliner, shadesticks, nail polish, blush or face care stuff. I don't bother with that stuff because I either don't wear it often or can get cheaper stuff that works the same
smiles.gif

juli

Lipsticks, Lip liners, Eye kohls, Mascara, Foundations, Powder stuff excluding IPPs (love them), cleansers, moisturizers and lip laquers/plush glass.

So basically I am into eye shadows, piggies, IPPs and lipglasses including lustreglasses and lip gelees! :thumbsup:

jenii

I'm not into their foundations/concealers. They'll either break me out, or they just aren't that great IMO. I've never had a MAC foundation/concealer that I actually thought was great. Select Moisturecover is alright, but I don't use it much.

geeko

their lipsticks. I find them drying. I only have 4 of them and i gave one of them away to my mum

Katgirl625

I don't know why...but I refuse to even look at the pro longwear lippies or the lip laquers. Dont' have any glitters. Just absolutely do not care for them at all. Don't care for any of the ccb's either. I'm pretty much obsessive over all other things mac though.

spectrolite

I'm not that into any of the lipstuff except for the lip gelee's which I looove heaps. I also don't use MAC blush, foundation, skincare but.... some of these might change in the near future with the release of new skincare and mineral makeup
cheerleader.gif

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..kels*
eye kohls, fragrances, & nail polish
nonono.gif

ditto// i also dont use any of their liquid lipsticks, fragrances or nail polish... but the rest of the line, including their skincare, is great!

Pale Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I really don't like MAC's foundations and powders.

ITA. Everything about these 2 is just wrong.

user79

I only purchase eyeshadows, pigments, blushes, Paints and eyebrow pencils from MAC. Don't have much use for the rest. I only own a couple of lip products from MAC and tbh I've found drugstore lines I prefer more!

Patricia

basically i'm only into MSF [
eyelove.gif
], eyeshadows (vp, frost and matte are my faves), lippies, lipglass and lustreglass and of course their blushes, cos they are amazing! i also love cremestick lip liners.

have total no interest over their mascaras or kohls cos i totally adore the ones i use now and for some reason i just can't get into the hype of pigments, i find them messy!!!

the rest is just blah. i'd like to try studio fix but i'm scared it will break me out, so i don't wanna spend so much money in something that will ruin my complexion!

redambition

I'm not really into their mascaras (although splashproof is grat for lower lashes), CCBs, pigments (too much fallout, too hard to deal with in the mornings), some eye pencils, lip liners, lip lacquers, pro longwear lips, skincare, make up bags, brow stuff, falsies, prep+prime and nail polishes (i don't wear nail polish much).

whew. when i think about it and list it all, i'm actually not into quite a lot.
lol.gif

lsperry

Don’t use their skincare, mascara, lip liners, nail polish, brow stuff, fragrances, glimmer shimmers, matte cream (prefer Smashbox), glitter liners or gloss, and plush glass. I tried their eye prep+prime. It was okay; but I prefer the CCBs. They work a lot better. But I do love the lip prep+prime. I swear by Smashbox’s brow tech and use Philosophy as my skincare line. Plus I haven’t tried out MAC’s fragrances since I don’t have a store near me.

I mostly buy the foundation, powder, eye shadows/liners, pigments, lipsticks, blush, lip/ lusterglass, msf and brushes. I do, however, have an equal amount of Smashbox and MAC brushes and I use Laura Geller face primer.

Whew! That's still a lot of stuff.

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenii
I'm not into their foundations/concealers. They'll either break me out, or they just aren't that great IMO. I've never had a MAC foundation/concealer that I actually thought was great.

I agree with that, for foundations. I bought some Studio Fix 2 years ago (the powder one) and that was real crap! The color wasn't good at all for my skin tone and I had some pimples when I used it.
I know a lot of people around me who had the same problem, with skin breakouts and real acne problems, just because they used that evil Studio Fix :crap: