WOC: Bloggers' Collection

sss215

I was reading Afrobella's post on AMPL and she mentioned the color will look good on brown lips. My top lip is brown so I am really interested to see how it turns out.

Goat Goat Etc.

Just Afrobella's gloss--I've never even heard of her before now.
I know temptalia and know the chick with the mole exists but w/e with them and their products.

The most unique thing you think MAC would have made perm or re-promoted 5 times over by now, this single black blogger selected had to tell them to make.
nope.gif

Sass

I'm kinda glad JW is sold out cuz I was only going to buy it cuz it's a hot item, but i've been on a neutral kick lately and really wanted Hocus Pocus and Sparkley Neely (looks like a nice crease color for me). I wish there were some lipsticks in this collection instead of just lipglasses. I don't like MAC lipglasses like that. Oh well.

Copperhead

I ordered late Monday night and got shipment confirmation (standard shipping) this morning. Hurry up UPS!!
cheerleader.gif

DILLIGAF

I knew about Afrobella because I am a natural girl and she is WELL KNOWN in the natural hair circles. Temptalia ... well everyone knows her. Aileen I also knew and Karen as well. The other ladies are new to me. I see it as just an expansion of my blogosphere.

m0rg3nst3rn

I know other girls with yellow undertones in their skin were wondering how Jealousy Wakes and Surf USA compare. I am what my grandma calls High Yella and I still see a difference, my yellow undertones are really strong and JW is more Green and SUSA is more Blue/Teal. Here are some swatches:

Jealousy Wakes vs Surf USA Comparison Swatches

Taken Indoors
From Left to Right: Jealousy Wakes, Surf USA

Taken Outdoors

blazeno.8

I'm so bummed that Jealousy Wakes sold out so quickly! Especially seeing as I had it in my cart the first time the collection appeared online.

UrbanSweetheart

thank you so much for this! I also have yellow undertones, and your swatches have made me happy that I purchased JW after all!
yahoo.gif

I know other girls with yellow undertones in their skin were wondering how Jealousy Wakes and Surf USA compare. I am what my grandma calls High Yella and I still see a difference, my yellow undertones are really strong and JW is more Green and SUSA is more Blue/Teal. Here are some swatches:

Jealousy Wakes vs Surf USA Comparison Swatches

Taken Indoors

Taken Outdoors

Curly1908

If you're NW50, you NEED Caqui. It's actually a staple color. The orange looks eerily natural/neutral on chocolate skin.

amber815

All of my purple life seems pretty dark on me (NC43/44)...real vampy. It's a gorgeous color though. What can I put under it to brighten it a bit?