WOC - Hello Kitty and Kitty Kouture

MsChrys79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^^ You better go get in that line and get us a tote....STAT

Girl! I called that store today before deciding to go to the local counter....for the first couple of hours the line was busy then when they did answer it was soooooo noisey...the MA was like we have been extremely swamped since this collection came out...I want one but don't feel like the hassle....

aziajs

I finally got Fashion Mews. I think I got the last one in the store. When I walked up Kat (MelodyKat) was with a customer and she was trying on Fashion Mews but wasn't really sold on it. Kat gave her Plum Soft cremestick liner to line and a gloss that I didn't catch. It was really pretty. She decided to go with it and so did I.

aziajs

I am such a spacey mc.scatterbrain. The whole reason I even posted that was to say that I wore Fashion Mews today. I used UDPP as a lip primer and the lipstick just glided onto my lips. I was very impressed. The pigmentation was very good as well.

divineflygirl

I was very disappointed in this collection. It is taking a lot for me to say this because..yes..I am addicted to Hello Kitty. I am the freakish little darling that had Hello Kitty seat covers until my husband refused to drive my car because of them. *L* I so wanted the e/s palettes, the blushes, and the beauty powders. I finally got to my MAC counter on Saturday and tried them all. I opted to wait out the week and try the products instead of purchasing them online. Well..the shadows didn't show up very well on me. The one lippie that i wanted to try, Fresh Brew, looked awful on me. The beauty powders and the blushes barely showed. I was so frustrated I didn't even try the tinted lip moisturizers..which I might go back and check out, since I've seen some pretty looks with them. I'm still sad to think about this. I did purchase Nice to be Nice, which looks absolutely lovely on me. It's so very pretty. Of course, by the time I got home, all the accessories that I wanted to purchase on the website were sold out! *LOL*

Such an adventure...oh well..I'm holding on to the belief that maybe, just maybe the couture collection will work for me?!?!

tina

This may be the wrong thread to ask this question (if so someone please place this in the correct place), but I would like to know how fashion mews compares with lavendar whip--if at all?

TISH1124

Lavender Whip is darker and has more lavender and FM has a more pink cast...I think someone posted a comparison picture in the swatch thread

christineeee_

Re: Tahitian Sand Beauty Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty
So I confess I picked up Tahitian Sand Beauty Powder just for the cute HK compact that I can depot for my everyday blot powder.
blush-anim-cl.gif

I use it as a cheek highlight and the brightening effect is ever so subtle.

I don't recommend that anyone buy it solely for this purpose but I'm determined to use it since I already have it

i'm a C3 in studio fix powder and tahitian sand is really subtle on me too
thmbdn.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_6978
Thank you very much Tish for your reply--I will check out the swatch thread.

lavenderwhipcomparison.jpg

cupcake123

I finally got got my HK fix yesterday and I am done. Except for maybe Popster tlc and maybe tahitian sand even though I now it won't show up on me at all. You all keep finding ways to make things work and convincing me I need it, lol.

Anyway, here is my haul and it's a lot more than I had expected so I'm happy.

Cup and brush set - I am a huge HK fan and could not get this out of mind. I don't have any mac brushes or any se size brushes for my purse so these will be put to use. It'll give me a good idea how they work before I invest in the full sizes.

Too Dolly pallet - although the colors are a little more out there than I normally use, I loved the way the MUA was able to wear these and look pretty without being overdone. At this point I only have 7 mac e/s and 3 Chanel quads and nothing in these colors so I had to have it.

Lucky Tom pallet - the MUA was able to do a nice everyday look with this and it was more neutral but still pretty so this took no convincing at all

Fun and Games - I agree, use the right brush and this shows up so pretty and natural on me. Not orange at all. I had this on one cheek and Tippy on the other and this looked pretty and more wearable for everyday use. Tippy looked nice too but I had to budget.

Pink Fish tlc - just such a pretty pink lip conditioner, this was a no-brainer, want to get popster when I have more funds

I am so happy to finally have my HK at home. I keep staring at everything open.

Oh yeah, I also got the free HK tote and a balloon, yay!

Prototype83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsoshy
After going back and forth about whether or not tot get something I got:
-Most Popular l/s
-Sweet Strawberry l/g
-Tippy blush

I also got the 226 and Lavender Whip (I'm gonna blame that one on peer pressure
lol.gif
). When I went to the counter, I was wearing a Milani nail color that looks exactly like one of the polishes in the collection. The MUAs were shocked when I told them it wasn't from Mac
lol.gif

LOL I had the same thing happen! The name of the color is "Day Dreaming". Love that color.
drools.gif

X4biddenxLustX

Re: Tahitian Sand Beauty Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAlphaKitty
So I confess I picked up Tahitian Sand Beauty Powder just for the cute HK compact that I can depot for my everyday blot powder.
blush-anim-cl.gif

I use it as a cheek highlight and the brightening effect is ever so subtle.

I don't recommend that anyone buy it solely for this purpose but I'm determined to use it since I already have it

I was suppose to be done with all my HKing thursday after my first and was suppose to be my only trip to the counter for HK stuff. But nope. I went back the next day to get She Loves Candy l/g. And just today I had them put a Tahitian Sand BP on hold for me for me to pick up tomorrow. I was just fiending seriously. It was really bugging me that I didn't pick it up when I went and got She Loves Candy to the point where I broke down and decided that I NEEDED it. I'll regret it if I didn't lol. The worst part of this that I have to do some borrowing of the moolah inorder to pay for this
thmbdn.gif

lafemmenoir

Tish,
I caved again, and bought a lippie, got another tote but for real, this is it, i hope when I exchange my foundation, I don't get that tote again. Are they just trying to get rid of the bags in California?? I haven't spent hardly anything on MAC nor on HK
shrugs.gif

TISH1124

^^^ Sure it is...you're not done yet!!!...well I hope you get another tote..because I still have not gotten mine yet
ssad.gif

MsChrys79

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafemmenoir
Tish,
I caved again, and bought a lippie, got another tote but for real, this is it, i hope when I exchange my foundation, I don't get that tote again. Are they just trying to get rid of the bags in California?? I haven't spent hardly anything on MAC nor on HK
shrugs.gif

Well if you're complaining about getting too many totes you can definetly send one to me....LOL!
choochoo.gif

d n d

What about the lipglasses? Are they as sheer as they look? I wanted Fast Friends but I couldn't test it since it was sold out at my counter when I went.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d
What about the lipglasses? Are they as sheer as they look? I wanted Fast Friends but I couldn't test it since it was sold out at my counter when I went.

From what I've seen the l/g are aren't that pigmented but are more sheer but there's still that SLIGHT hint of color with shimmer. I still find that there really pretty though.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d

I have FF. It's pretty sheer. It's pretty but not a must have.