WOC -- Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection

malaviKat

Well, I picked up Notoriety and Off The Page. I thought about getting Crest The Wave, but I found that with the right blending, Skintone 2 and something else from the perm collection could be made to dupe it. I love the colours in Notoriety, but I agree, I think they're fairly dupable.

Skintone 1 resembles Retrospeck
Rich and Earthy = somewhere between Expensive Pink and Paradisco
Skintone 2 is a pretty gold that I found an exact match for in a CG trio (the remainder of which looks like Amber Lights and Bronze)
Notoriety = a slightly more demure Smut

Kinda not sure what I thought I was doing... :p

I blame it on Off The Page. That colour is a dream!

TISH1124

I was excited today!! I met one of my WOC Specktrettes in The MAC store while buying from the collection!!! I'm not sure if she should stay away from me or vice versa ...This could be costly

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
I was excited today!! I met one of my WOC Specktrettes in The MAC store while buying from the collection!!! I'm not sure if she should stay away from me or vice versa ...This could be costly

Lucky you! I'd love to meet a fellow Specktrette!

gabi03

at first i wanted so much but after looking, much can be duped. I picked up the photorealism quad because i love greens and i believe MAC has been slacking on their blue and green collection. And to those of you who said use Delft, Greensmoke and Mosscape, thank you that is a great idea!!!!

Also like everyone else i picked up Off the Page, too gorgeous and Brash and Bold pigment. Yes I might not use the whole pigment but its beautiful.

I was slightly disappointed in the single eyes though, there were so many repromotes and the quads seemed so dupable.

candisum

ok, i went and bought the brash and bold and push the edge pigments and the reflects copper and rust gliltters. i am loving these colors. so "in your face" deep colors. hope there is some of this collection left for next weeks paycheck!
th_worship.gif

GlamQueen21

Quote:

I would love to meet a Speckrette member someday. Your so lucky to meet one of the WOC Spectrette member!

Sophisto

Quote:

It was like meeting a celebrity. I was like "aren't you TISH from Specktra! You're an NC45 legend!"

This could get costly since we're the same shade AND none of my friends here are in to makeup...... pocketbooks BEWARE.
graucho.gif

l1onqueen

I did really well and only came away with the photo realism quad. I didn't even look at anything else for fear of haulage.

HeavenLeiBlu

Y'all. I am IN LOVE with Grey Range from the Photorealism quad.

If you're a brown girl who has been scared to take the plunge into wearing blues or greens, do yourself a favor and get this quad, if only for this one color. I have used it several times already with and without the other colors in the quad. today I did a "corporate"-friendly smokey eye. I really dig this, it is so flattering against brown skin/brown eyes.

nunu

I'm still indecisive of whether to get Notriety and Photo Realism quads. If they are dupable then i'll pass.

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I'm still indecisive of whether to get Notriety and Photo Realism quads. If they are dupable then i'll pass.

I will admit...after much deliberation (and guilt) *gasp* I actually returned my Notoriety quad. In my years of shopping for MAC, I've returned about 5 things, so that should give you some indication of how willing I am to keep products.

Notoriety is a gorgeous, gorgeous quad, but IMO it's not unique enough. The most unique colour in that collection is Skintone 1 and it's a lustre so its application is questionable at best. I specifically asked the MA (not my usual MA or my usual store) about dupes while I was shopping. She kept insisiting that some of the colours were unique and that MAC had "nothing like them". Under the bright MAC lights it's so hard to tell... But I got it home, swatched it under both lamp and natural light and found things so close I could barely tell the difference.

I think the Photo Realism quad contains more unique colours than Notoriety and, if the MA is to be believed, they're trendy colours for fall. They are not my favourite shades of green however, so as much as everyone else seems to love them, I know they aren't for me.

I might be losing it though. I bought Smoke and Diamonds and I think I hate it. :p (I didn't return that one though.)

lovely333

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu

I have notoriety and while it is a pretty quad it's nothing special. I could have really left it and been just fine. I don't have photorealism but I am curious about it. Hopefully I can find a woc tut for it.

blazeno.8

Totally just got "Bold and Brash" and "Off the Page". I nearly had a Mac heart attack as the SA told me that the person before me just snatched the last B&B. She offered a sample to me, which was cool, but it's just not the same. Then another SA came to assist me and found a loose B&B in another drawer away from its ilk. Score. We did agree however that "Entremauve" is better than the purple pigment released in this collection.

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
I will admit...after much deliberation (and guilt) *gasp* I actually returned my Notoriety quad. In my years of shopping for MAC, I've returned about 5 things, so that should give you some indication of how willing I am to keep products.

Notoriety is a gorgeous, gorgeous quad, but IMO it's not unique enough. The most unique colour in that collection is Skintone 1 and it's a lustre so its application is questionable at best. I specifically asked the MA (not my usual MA or my usual store) about dupes while I was shopping. She kept insisiting that some of the colours were unique and that MAC had "nothing like them". Under the bright MAC lights it's so hard to tell... But I got it home, swatched it under both lamp and natural light and found things so close I could barely tell the difference.

I think the Photo Realism quad contains more unique colours than Notoriety and, if the MA is to be believed, they're trendy colours for fall. They are not my favourite shades of green however, so as much as everyone else seems to love them, I know they aren't for me.

I might be losing it though. I bought Smoke and Diamonds and I think I hate it. :p (I didn't return that one though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely333
I have notoriety and while it is a pretty quad it's nothing special. I could have really left it and been just fine. I don't have photorealism but I am curious about it. Hopefully I can find a woc tut for it.

Thank you both for your responses
smiles.gif

Malavi: I am not crazy about Smoke and Diamonds either..i think it's average
winks.gif

carandru

Ok, my wallet is definitely going to hate me. i just ordered a ridiculous amount from this collection, love that look, and some perm items I needed. But, I haven't hauled in a while, so that makes it ok...right? Lol. Thanks to my awesome dad purchasing my medical equipment, I had a little surplus this month anyway.

I got:
Off the page
obviously orange
push the edge
bold and brash

Can't wait to get my little black box!

Arwai

Okay I really have been trying to curb my spending. But I am interested in all the liners! LOL! But I'm thinking I should leave graphblack because I have smolder, and blacktrack,and black boot liquid liner. What do you ladies think? I'm also interested in off the page. Its such a pretty orange. Initially after looking online, I wanted all the shadows. But I swatched them lightly in the store and was not impressed which is shocking for me. Like I'm thinking I will like the yellow from style warriors better than crest the wave. I have MUFE 92 so I don't really need the dark purple. And the other colors I'm just not sure about. And the quads look nice, but the one I have, the Tempting quad, I don't really use. So I dunno. But I love how bold and brash looks, but I've never used a Mac pigment and I still consider myself a makeup novice so I dunno if I should get it. And I like the glitters as well but I don't know when I would wear it. Maybe I should get a sample.

Snootus0722

I did pretty good, today I picked up the perfect cheek blush and high strung l/s. I saw the notriety quad, I swatched all of the colors, quickly put it down and got the hell out of there.
smiles.gif

sigh... I may go back tomorrow though...