WOC -- Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection

elongreach

I got exactly what I said I would. Off the page. I even went from Nordstrom to the freestanding store saying 'Maybe I need to look at it in a different light/location'. Nope. Didn't help. So I'll be using the color sometime this weekend. I'll try to take pics.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
Sure
yes.gif

It would look nice w/ Greenstroke too.

drools.gif
Can't believe I forgot my paint pots. I'm gonna try it with MossScape
drools.gif

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Sure
yes.gif

I don't have pics b/c I'm at work, but I used the gold color as a highlight for the browbone and tearduct, the mint green on the lid, the greenish gray in the crease along with Print and Strike a Pose, and then the darkest color I used in the outer "v" to deepen the crease. I also lined the lower lid with the mint green and the darkest green. I used no colored base/paintpot...just UDPP, but it would look nice w/ Greenstroke too.

I'll update this post with the actual color names when I get home...I left the quad there
ssad.gif

I can't wait to try Greenstroke paint pot with the Photorealism!!! It's perfect!

TISH1124

My MA had the dark color in PhotoRealism on with Delft and it was so bangin today....It made me spend wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much $$$$$ I am so gullable

misha5150

I can't wait til the UPS man brings me Photo Realism and Off the Page cuz when I saw them in person, they were gorgeous! I didn't plan on buying anything today but I just had to get 2 lipglasses; Personal Taste and New Spirit! I seriously had to talk myself out of getting Push the Edge and just got the 2 lipglasses and told the MA that I had to get away from the counter before I get some more stuff. LOL I plan on going back or just ordering another online order for Notable, PTE, Fushia glitter and thats it!!! Dammit!!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
Tish what did you end up getting

Stop asking quations
nonono.gif

it's not pretty

Notable Blush
PhotoRealism Quad
Notoriety Quad
Bold & Brash
Cocomotion
Push The Edge
Off the Page
Crest The Wave
Samples of Reflects Rust, Heritage Rouge

nursee81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
Stop asking quations
nonono.gif

it's not pretty

Notable Blush
PhotoRealism Quad
Notoriety Quad
Bold & Brash
Cocomotion
Push The Edge
Off the Page
Crest The Wave

Thats not to bad I think thats what my list is looking like plus the eye liners.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
My MA had the dark color in PhotoRealism on with Delft and it was so bangin today....It made me spend wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much $$$$$ I am so gullable

AHHHH not Delft, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs around post screaming*

Oh wait, I already own all this stuff. Whew.
yahoo.gif

cutemiauw

Quote:

I almost passed up on Photorealism b/c I swatched it and it looked BLAH, but when I put it on it's very pretty. It's a good quad for brown eyes.

You made me want Photorealism now
drools.gif
. Green e/s made me looked posh
lol.gif
. I still wasn't so sure though, because I have green e/s in Holiday Palette 2008 warm, does anyone know if it's quite similar?

Still on my list:
- Notable blush
- Notoriety quad

Nepenthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe
Initially I told myself nothing.. and then I saw the product images.
shockt.gif

This is the current wishlist until I can see them in person and get to swatching..

Quads
Photo Realism, In The Gallery, Notoriety

Blush
Notable (maybe not since I just picked up House Wine)

Eye Shadow
Crest The Wave, Off The Page, Violet Trance, Purple Shower

Technakohl Liner
Full Of Fuschia, Artistic License, Obviously Orange, Colour Matters

Pigment
Brash & Bold, Push The Edge

I was at the counter today and while I think the collection is stunning, I did less damage than I initially thought I would.
thmbup.gif

I only picked up one quad; Photo Realism because the colours are unique to my collection. I'm still on the fence with In The Gallery, while it is very pretty I think it's definitely a quad that needs a lot of coaxing on darker skin tones. Notoriety is very nice, work safe, neutral safe.. but not pretty enough to shell out for.

Passed on Notable blush because it is very similar to House Wine (pro).

Haunting, Purple Shower and Violet Trance were the only eye shadows I bought, Crest the Wave reminded me more of Soft Force (highlight) than Bright Future. Off The Page reminds me of Fab & Flashy, which I have.. pondering picking it up just to have as a psuedo backup. The other pink reminded me of Sushi Flower, which I have and use rarely.

I did end up with all the LE liners, because they're all beautiful. The one that surprised me most was Obviously Orange, which is more of a coral-orange.. it's gorgeous. If I can make these work, they definitely have the potential for backup'ery.

Pigment wise I ended up with what I thought I would (Brash & Bold, Push The Edge), plus I picked up a sample of Reflects Rust (stunning colour!) and Fuchsia. The glitters are so nice, but I'm at a loss of how to use them regularly.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Stop asking quations
nonono.gif

it's not pretty

Notable Blush
PhotoRealism Quad
Notoriety Quad
Bold & Brash
Cocomotion
Push The Edge
Off the Page
Crest The Wave

Nice haul Tish! Your now making me want Brash & Bold and Heritage Rouge pigments!!! I'm so glad to own Cocomotion and Crest the Wave already.

bobbiedoll03

Ok so I went to the counter today to get a free makeover with the collection. I decided to try out the Photorealism quad because I had been eyeing it and I wanted to see it on before I bought it. Here is a pic of the look the artist did with it. Needless to say I bought it and Off the page. She also used the Perfect cheek on me with a 109 brush and I love the flush of color. I will probably go back and get it along with some other things. It is just so much wonderful stuff in this collection.

malaviKat

I swatched the 3 quads last week while at a Pro store... (I'm NC45). I don't understand why everyone is so in love with the green quad; its payoff is marginal at best. And the purple quad is awfully chalky. Ren (makeupbyRenRen) made it work somehow, but that quad would annoy me I think.

Notoriety looked beautiful but when I go back today, I'm going to see what I can use to dupe that quad. It's the only thing I want, besides Off The Page e/s (I missed Firespot and my life wants an orange). The technakohls are beautiful but I don't really know when I'd wear them. I own a ton of liquidlast liners (my favourite liners) and I found that I don't even reach for them with much frequency.

As for the pigments and glitters, they're gorgeous, but I absolutely cannot finish a jar of the stuff so I prefer to buy samples.

Overall I sort of feel that this collection is great if you don't have a lot of makeup, but if you've already started to get a collection together, a lot of this stuff can be passed on. Just my two cents.

carandru

Hey does anyone know if artistic license is similar to either the MUFE turquoise liner (I forget the #) or Urban decay's liner in electric? It's looks similar from the swatches, but I can't tell. Don't want to get it if it's similar to what I already have :-(. Gotta cut back now that I'm on a student budget.

I will only be getting:
off the page e/s
technakohl: colour matters, obviously orange, and artistic license depending on what u guys say lol.

TISH1124

I don't have those to compare it to...But Can I say the Full of Fuschia makes the perfect lipliner ...so pretty

Nepenthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
I swatched the 3 quads last week while at a Pro store... (I'm NC45). I don't understand why everyone is so in love with the green quad; its payoff is marginal at best. And the purple quad is awfully chalky. Ren (makeupbyRenRen) made it work somehow, but that quad would annoy me I think.

The colours in Photo Realism are muted, but I found the payoff to be great.. granted I've recently started to swatch over a base, since that's what is going on my eye. I think bobbiedoll03's photos (see above) show it off very well.
greengrin.gif

I agree with you, In the Gallery needs some coddling to work. It is an unusual quad because of the fact that all of the colours are matte or satin, which in my experience are completely different to work with. With the exception of matte2, I don't find any of MAC's mattes to be as easy to work with as say.. the starflash finish.

NubianHoneii

went to the counter yesterday and got :
all the liners (except graphblack)
Brash & Bold pigment
Push the Edge pigment
Fuchsia glitter
(and 3 random e/s from the perm collection .. dont know what took me so long to get soba!)

soon as i got home i had a good look at Brash & Bold and had the idea to mix it with OCC clear gloss + a smidgen of OCC auric pigment ... lets tall about how LOVELY that looked! I'll take a swatch of that soon.

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
I don't think I've been this excited about a collection in a while. I only got a blush from Color Craft and 2 shadows from Love That Look. This one has the potential to break my bank. I have to say when looking at promo pics my excitement is usually high and my lemmings list long. Things abrubtly change when I actually get into the store and swatch items. Just the pigments alone from this collection is making my head spin. With out further babbling here is my short ( HA) list.

1. Photo Realism e/s quad
2. Crest The Wave e/s
3. Maira's Magic e/s
4. Violet Trance e/s
5. Purple Shower e/s
6. Haunting e/s
7. Artistic License liner
8. Full Of Fuchsia liner
9. Obviously Orange liner
10. Colour Matters liner
11. Push The Edge p/g
12. Brash & Bold p/g
13. Reflects Copper glitter
14. Reflects Rust glitter

You know not much just a little something
th_LMAO.gif

I knew this was going to change. When to the store yesterday and only came away with....
1.Photo Realism Quad
2. Purple Shower e/s
3. Off The Page e/s
4.Full Of Fuchia
5.Brash & Bold p/g
6. Reflects Rust glitter

I'm on the fence about Violet Trance. Im thinking sticking with my MUFE #92 is the better bet.

malaviKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe
The colours in Photo Realism are muted, but I found the payoff to be great.. granted I've recently started to swatch over a base, since that's what is going on my eye. I think bobbiedoll03's photos (see above) show it off very well.
greengrin.gif

I agree with you, In the Gallery needs some coddling to work. It is an unusual quad because of the fact that all of the colours are matte or satin, which in my experience are completely different to work with. With the exception of matte2, I don't find any of MAC's mattes to be as easy to work with as say.. the starflash finish.

I asked Zerin about Photo Realism via PM and she also likes it over a base... I may have to reconsider this. Maybe I just don't like the shades of green... LOL

*ponders* (I agree that those photos make the quad look lovely though).