WOC -- Makeup Art Cosmetics Collection

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by elongreach
I am so sad because I don't want anything. I think I'm coming down with something.

I don't want anything either. I think I might totally pass or just get one blush and one eye shadow

nursee81

So far my list is as follows:

Personal taste l/g
young thing l/g
noteriety quad
photo realism quad
off the page e/s
haunting e/s
notable bpb
artistic e/l
cocomotion piggie

Maybes:
Brash and bold
in the gallery
crestwave
maira's magic
purple shower
Front lit

openexpression

Hi Ladies!

I just attended an unveiling for this collection and wanted to share my thoughts. I had sooo much fun at the unveiling...there was wine, canapes, and they had these really cool artists outside the store to draw your picture for free.

Now to the makeup...I think this is a beautiful collection that has someything for everyone. For reference, I am NC 45 and this collection is VERY WOC friendly. Tonight I purchased: Brash and Bold pigment (Totally HOT), Reflects Copper, Front Lit l/s, Personal Taste l/g, and Notable blush.

I'm not done because I promised my MUA friends at the Dillard Counter that I would also support their event for this collection where they will be giving makeovers. At that time I'm going to get: Noteriety Quad, Photorealism Quad, Off the Page e/s, Obviously Orange and Artistic License eyekohls, and *maybe* Reflects Rust.

The Pigments and the Glitters are definitely the stand-outs to me...I already have Cocomotion and Heritage Rouge and I didn't get Push the Edge as I don't wear purples often enough to justify buying a whole jar. I really wanted to get Reflects Rust (and I still might) but my linesister would not split the jar with me and I know that I won't ever use a whole jar of glitter. But all of the Glitters are absolutely beautiful.

The Quads are great...IMO Photorealism and Noteriety are must-haves. In the Gallery is also beautiful but again, I'm not a purple person. The lipsticks and lipglasses are nice. I only purchased Personal Taste but I was also considering New Spirit. I decided against it because I have enough light peaches/oranges that disappear on my lips. I won't be getting anymore until I can get my hands on some Lip Erase.

The individual shadows are also nice but the only one that appealed to me is Off the Page. The technakohls are also gorgeous and very smooth. I would only use the orange and blue so those are the 2 that I will be purchasing. I can't really comment on The Perfect Cheek blush because I didn't swatch it but Notable is absolutely gorgeous. It gave me such a natural flush when the MA applied it to my face and it didn't have any shimmer which was what I wanted.

Anyway...sorry so long and I hope this helps someone...Happy Shopping ladies!
thmbup.gif

nonchalantbeaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_primer
I only want Photo Realism Quad and Notoreity Quad. Thats it.

Those are the two things I want as well. I wasn't going to get anything until I saw the colors in the swatch thread. Now I'm in love!!!!

Soundclash

Will the perfect cheek blush show up on NW45-nw50 skin or will it be ashy?
Has anyone tried it? If so what are you opinions?

MACterliastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundclash

That's what i'm thinking, i've seen it dissapear on some light skintones. You would think the perfect cheek blush would be great everyone, like a sheertone (those look great on everyone pretty much!)

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundclash

I'm NC 45 and the perfect cheek was so flat, ashy and dead. I was grossed out and couldn't put it down fast enough. I don't know why mac would even make it, such a waste. It pales in comparison to Notable.

blazeno.8

I had a chance to preview the collection yesterday. I have to say that the pink pigment (Bold and Brash) with the pink eyeliner is *beautiful*. The pink eyeliner reminds me of Stars and Rockets. I like Violet Trance a lot, it's a very beautiful color, but it's kind of chalky. I have the Balloonacy release, so I don't know if this one is any better. I thought the purple pigment would be a lot like Entremauve, but something about it's different. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I just wasn't a fan. I like Entremauve much more. Reflects glitters are always winners, so can't go wrong there.

lovely333

I was going to skip this collection but I want 2 quads photorealism and notoriety. One blush but I think I need to try this on myself. Two or three glosses. I'm trying to be practical.

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
I don't think I've been this excited about a collection in a while. I only got a blush from Color Craft and 2 shadows from Love That Look. This one has the potential to break my bank. I have to say when looking at promo pics my excitement is usually high and my lemmings list long. Things abrubtly change when I actually get into the store and swatch items. Just the pigments alone from this collection is making my head spin. With out further babbling here is my short ( HA) list.

1. Photo Realism e/s quad
2. Crest The Wave e/s
3. Maira's Magic e/s
4. Violet Trance e/s
5. Purple Shower e/s
6. Haunting e/s
7. Artistic License liner
8. Full Of Fuchsia liner
9. Obviously Orange liner
10. Colour Matters liner
11. Push The Edge p/g
12. Brash & Bold p/g
13. Reflects Copper glitter
14. Reflects Rust glitter

You know not much just a little something
th_LMAO.gif

My local CCOs currently has haunting So thats one thing off the list. I'm going to get OFF THE PAGE instead and add the Fushia glitter. MAC should have just named this one THE MAKE YOU BROKE Collection.

bobbiedoll03

So my list is kinda long...and I really hope this collection is around for awhile so I can gradually get things. This is what I want though:

Haunting, Crest the Wave, Off the Page, Violet Trance
Brash and Bold Piggie, Push the Edge Piggie, the Fuschia Glitter
Noterity and Photorealism quads

Plus I want all the liners! UGHHH..mac why o why....hopefully when I swatch stuff I just wont like it! LOL

bobbiedoll03

ok so after more review I have decided to skip out on Violet trance and just wait and get MUFE #92...i hate hard to work with matte shadows and I hearing that violet trance is one of those...hmmm...

Icecaramellatte

My working list:
  • PhotoRealism quad
  • Notoriety quad
  • Notable blush
  • Crest the Wave eyeshadow
  • Off the Page eyeshadow
  • Color Matters liner
  • Obviously Orange liner
  • Heritage Rouge pigment
  • New Spirit l/g
I'm not sure if I can make the orange or green liner work but I want to try them. Also, I wonder how Crest the Wave compares to Gorgeous Gold.

GucciGirl

Ok so I am soooooo excited for this collection! I want to get:

1) Full Body lipstick: I am usually a nude/neutral girl so this is wayyyyy out of my comfort zone. I was thinking about Front Lit but I have Tanarama so I scratched that off.
2) I want all the lipglasses
3)Im still on the fence with the Photorealism quad. I have to see it in person to be sold I guess.
4) I want all the shadows except Violet Trance and Purple shower. I dont want Violet Trance because I started to get it at the CCO a while ago and chose not to then I wanted it. So I got MUFE #92 instead and it works better imo. Purple Shower is at the CCO and it didnt impress me when I swatched it.
5) I want the blue and the green liners
6) Cocomotion and Brash and Bold Pigment. I have Entramauve so I dont need the Push the Edge pig.
7) I want the gold and the fuschia pigments

and I think thats it!!!! Lets see how much I actually get

HeavenLeiBlu

I know this collection is supposed to be a big deal and all, but after reviewing photos and swatches, this is a big Instant Fail for me. All I want is Off The Page. I'm canceling my appt for my local event. More money fpr Style Black