WOC: Studio Sculpt Foundation

MAC*GIRL08

I am a studio fix fluid girl NW30/35 that has always been my favorite - I have tried the sculpt, I like it mixed with the strobe cream for a dewy look. I have noticed however that as the day goes on and I'm at the counter my nose gets really shiny lol! Of course we are under those bright lights and it's usually pretty hot temperature wise on the floor. I can't say I LOVE the new sculpt - I have tried it on several clients and notice it kinda "sits" on top of the poors on certain skin types. Also the shades are not always true and you need to mix two tubes to get that perfect match. So in my opinion, the product it still in it's infancy stage and needs some tweeking maybe. As far as the concealer I really like that and it works well with the Studio Fix fluid! Hope this helps girls......

dominichulinda

You know I wanted to love the foundation..coverage is perfect!! I fount 4-6 forming pimples...and I don't break out normally (once a month one will form)

babycoconut

Oh my goodness, I am not the only one who broke out from the foundation. I really liked how it made me look and I was in denial that it was forming these bumps (which I never had before) on my chin and forehead. But alas, it was the foundation because once I stopped using it, the bumps went away.

I'm so sad.

Does anyone know if the concealer causes you to have the same reaction?

laguayaca

ssad.gif
awww! I cant afford for anything to break me out right now darn!

shyste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvirtuous
Yes, I did. I though judging by another poster's pics in the major thread, that it would run light...but it's really not that different. I took a look at both the foundation and the concealer and they are the same color as what I would wear.

In my case it did run light..I am normally a NW45 but had to go down to NW47 on the foundation..and in the concealer I had to get NW50...for me the NW45 was extremely light and did not blend well..but once the MA got the colors right..it felt awesome on my face
greengrin.gif

I just hope I don't break out...like most of you are saying...

shyste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvirtuous
Okay, I thought it was just me. My foundation looked off right after I applied it, but then after it sank into my skin and a couple of hours later, it looked like my SKIN!!!! And ITA with da_hood_model, it feels like NOTHING is on my face. Great feeling! MAC really hit the jackpot with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsuga lady
I completely agree. I don't think you get the full effect until you've allowed the foundation to set for a couple hours. Then you look and its like HOT DAMN!!
th_DANCE.gif
choochoo.gif
th_DANCE.gif

My MA told me that is what this foundation is supposed to do..like sink into your skin and "pump" itself up as you wear it throughout the day...now I am no MA & wasn't sure what she meant by "pump" but it seems to be working..can't wait to use mine...I have absolutely no mu on today....
thmbdn.gif

Yushimi

It works fine for me. I'm a NC25 in it and I'm normally...a NC25 lolz.
I set it off with the Hello Kitty Tahitian Sand
smiles.gif

This didn't break me out so I'm happy with my purchase because it does give me an airbrushed look
greengrin.gif

MsChrys79

I did break out the 1st time I used this foundation but that's the same thing that happened the 1st time I used SFF
cry.gif
....I waited til I cleared up and tried them both again and no breakouts! I'm not sure what causes that maybe your skin has to get used to the ingredients in the new formulas.....IDK
th_dunno.gif

lilchocolatema

Oily girls beware. I wore this foundation the other day around my jaw line just to test it out, then the next day I wore it all over my face, and my skin was perfection!!!! Absolute perfection! My face itched a few hours after I tried it on my jawline, then all day after and is still itching 4 days later. If you're an oily girl like me and every other oily girl with bad reviews, don't even bother. I have fine bumps and regular sized bumps ALL over my face. It's disgusting.
shockt.gif
So, I will stick to the concealer, which is Heaven. Clearly this foundation is for drier skins b/c of the creaminess, which I knew, but had to try anyway.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchocolatema
Oily girls beware. I wore this foundation the other day around my jaw line just to test it out, then the next day I wore it all over my face, and my skin was perfection!!!! Absolute perfection! My face itched a few hours after I tried it on my jawline, then all day after and is still itching 4 days later. If you're an oily girl like me and every other oily girl with bad reviews, don't even bother. I have fine bumps and regular sized bumps ALL over my face. It's disgusting.
shockt.gif
So, I will stick to the concealer, which is Heaven. Clearly this foundation is for drier skins b/c of the creaminess, which I knew, but had to try anyway.

Agreed. My skin looked pretty good once I got the application down but it's just not for me especially considering that it's going to get warmer and my skin is going to get oilier. Right now it's not too bad and fortunately I didn't break out.

Erin, I am so glad I watched you video where you use the concealer (well I watch all your videos anyway but that's not the point.
smiles.gif
). I really like it. It does cover like Studio Finish. I was impressed.

lilchocolatema

Thanks babe! Yeah it was so amazing that I had to do a video ASAP! It really is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Agreed. My skin looked pretty good once I got the application down but it's just not for me especially considering that it's going to get warmer and my skin is going to get oilier. Right now it's not too bad and fortunately I didn't break out.

Erin, I am so glad I watched you video where you use the concealer (well I watch all your videos anyway but that's not the point.
smiles.gif
). I really like it. It does cover like Studio Finish. I was impressed.

ClaireAvril

I returned my studio sculpt.. I liked it.. but i found it looked a little maskey.. and i thought.. if I am going to use something on my face i really want to like it.. so I went back to studio fix fluid which I am very happy with. Still using the sculpt concealer though.

JustDivine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
I retuned my studio sculpt.. I liked it.. but i found it looked a little maskey.. and i thought.. if I am going to use something on my face i really want to like it.. so I went back to studio fix fluid which I am very happy with. Still using the sculpt concealer though.

Same. After trying NW47 and NW45 then back to the NW47 I realised this wasn't working, and as much as I wanted to, I did NOT love it.

I'm happy again with my SFF

K_ashanti

my skin use to be crazy oily i doubt if i could have work with this if it still was, i tried sff yesterday and it really dried my skin out but i'm keeping it on standby for the summer

After being matched to the wrong color in Nordstrom (NW45 which they were out of anyway), I went to the MAC store and was matched to the NC50 (which is what I normally wear) and it's a good match. But after all that drama, the MAC store was out so I just got a sample. I'm going to order it on the website. But I've worn the sample the last three days and so far so good. This is the first foundation I've ever had that doesn't transfer onto anything else though.

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgrlispoison
After being matched to the wrong color in Nordstrom (NW45 which they were out of anyway), I went to the MAC store and was matched to the NC50 (which is what I normally wear) and it's a good match. But after all that drama, the MAC store was out so I just got a sample. I'm going to order it on the website. But I've worn the sample the last three days and so far so good. This is the first foundation I've ever had that doesn't transfer onto anything else though.

^^This is why I'm going to the counter this week to try this out. SF, ST, and SFF all transferred onto my clothes and hands if I so much as scratched the side of my nose terribly.

shyste

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyste
In my case it did run light..I am normally a NW45 but had to go down to NW47 on the foundation..and in the concealer I had to get NW50...for me the NW45 was extremely light and did not blend well..but once the MA got the colors right..it felt awesome on my face
greengrin.gif

I just hope I don't break out...like most of you are saying...

Update..I did have a tiny breakout but not sure from what
th_dunno.gif
because I also tried out a new makeup remover (oil of olay & new brand of wipes)...so I am gonna give it one mo try 'gain and use my regular remover method and see what happens..keep ya fingers crossed for me cause I really really wanna like it!!!

carandru

Ok, so far the concealer I love.. The foundation, eh not so much. I was matched to a NC55 and got a sample of that. The color was definitely a little off...but my real problem was about 2 hours later, my face was so shiny and oily looking. I'm a little oily on my T-zone, but not like that. Lastly, my face started itching a few hours later. I didn't notice any bumps or anything, but I probably will let this one go for me.