WOC: Studio Sculpt Foundation

I love, love, love the foundation!!!!

Flawless skin, no breakouts, no shine (I have combination skin, dry cheeks, oily t-zone and i just checked - 6 hours after applying - the foundation look wonderful), simply perfect skin (that's what it looks like, not what it is
winks.gif
)!

I'm normally a NC 20 and the same goes for this foundation!

I can't wait to try the concealer as well.

My skin LOVES this gel-based formula!!!

macgirl3121

I tried this out today. First of all a big thank you to Laura at the Towson Town Center MAC Store.
urock.gif

She went above and beyond to help me. I was totally out of foundation and today is my 18th anniversary (no I'm not that old, only 36 LOL) and my daughter's birthday party was today. She matched me to NC55, which they were out of. She calls 3 more MAC stores and 2 Nordies for me and no NC55 anywhere. She did not have any sample containers and I really needed something for today at least. She found a B2M shadow pot, sanitized it for me and gave me a generous sample. Also, she didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need.

Now about the foundation. So far so good. No oily mess and I'm an oily girl. I did use a primer first and set with MSF. The first thing my BFF (former model) says to me is "Diva, your makeup looks good". I'm satisfied so far. Probably could have used a blot powder touch up but I misplaced it so I went without and it was still fine. No makeup coming off on my hand.
th_DANCE.gif
I'll keep a watch for breakouts. I will be seriously upset if this breaks me out but right now it gets a
thmbup.gif

jayne5787

Hm, so it seems like the majority of people loves the Studio Sculpt foundation, but I can't get it to work for me! I'm usually an NC40/NC42, but both shades in this foundation make me look really ashy.

When I was first getting color matched, the girl said it was possible I was an NW40, but she put the NC40 on me and it looked fine. When I tried to use the foundation at home the next day, it looked HORRIBLE! It just looked ashy and caked on. I figured I just had to let it "sink it" but throughout the day it still looked weird. Should I try NW40 instead? Also, is there a better technique to applying it? She used the 109 when she used it on me and that's what I've been using, but if anyone has a better suggestion please let me know!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne5787
Hm, so it seems like the majority of people loves the Studio Sculpt foundation, but I can't get it to work for me! I'm usually an NC40/NC42, but both shades in this foundation make me look really ashy.

When I was first getting color matched, the girl said it was possible I was an NW40, but she put the NC40 on me and it looked fine. When I tried to use the foundation at home the next day, it looked HORRIBLE! It just looked ashy and caked on. I figured I just had to let it "sink it" but throughout the day it still looked weird. Should I try NW40 instead? Also, is there a better technique to applying it? She used the 109 when she used it on me and that's what I've been using, but if anyone has a better suggestion please let me know!

I mix mine with a bit of Strobe Cream...if you have that try it...it gives a really great non ashy finish

OfficerJenny

I'd definitely try mixing it with strobe. I find that this foundation can look really really bad if you don't dilute it a bit.

joojoobss

i really like the consistency of this foundation, as well as the coverage.
however... im a little upset that they didn't have a nc 27... i first tried the nc 30 and it was too dark, and what was really weird was the nc 40 was SOOOO close to nc 30. (slightly more on the yellow side, im asian.) So i bought that first,, but when i got home and played with it.. it make my face look SO dark. I went back and tried the nc 25 in the store.. but it was too light..
IN THE END.. i bought both of it, and i mix the two.

overall i really really like it! :- )

Shadowy Lady

I just posted in the main thread for this collection but I thought i post here too. I got this concealor and foundation combo this weekend. I was matched for concealer in NC20 to cover all the annoying pink in my face and they also matched me for foundation in NW25. I thought it was weird coz I wear Studio fix in NW30, but all the MA's there agreed that NW30 was a lil off and NW25 was perfect. Anyway, I love this new foundation. I think I finally found my HG combo; matches me perfectly, feels great on and doesn't make me look oily, even without a primer it's still perfection!

So happy!!!

lolli

I bought this awhile ago and haven't really played with because I got MUF HD foundation around the same time and was using that. So anywho, I used it the last two days and I yesterday I noticed I had some tiny bumps on my face. I didn't really think it was related to the foundation until today. I just took my makeup off and I have more little bumps. I am so disappointed because it made my skin look fabulous. But I am working too hard to get my skin looking good again to continue to risk more break outs.

Update:

My skin looks better than EVER!!!!

After trying about a hundred different foundations I came to the conclusion that: "Well, Lisa, your skin seems to break out no matter what you do! SO stop blaming it on products, it's simply your skin!"

So, not only did the Studio Sculpt NOT break me out (more than usual), it actually seems like this is the first foundation that i ever used (and i tried quite a few from lancome over chanel to l'oreal) that doesn't break me out!

I can only recommend: GIVE IT A TRY. All our skins are different, so if you don't like it, just take it back!

Mrs.Smith

after reading this WHOLE thread today, I went out and copped the studio sculpt. I noticed that alot of people were saying that NW 45 was sold out, so I called my favorite FS store, at Columbia Mall...(I've also been waiting for their blush palettes to come in so this would have been a perfect excuse to get both) per usual lately, they don't have it-----no sculpt in nw45 and no blush palettes!!! WTHAY?!!!!

So I called Pentagon City Mall FS store, and the MUA said she had one tube of nw45 left and she'd hold it behind the counter for me. OKAY....let me just say....it seems that NW45 has never matched my skin, and yet thats what all the MAC mua have been pinning me down too, so I started buying a shade or two extra and just mixing. Well today I go in, and guess what I was matched with in studio sculpt???? NC 50! WHO KNEWWWWWWWW? Anyhoots I bought the foundation and the concealer in NC 50,and I love, love, loveeeeeeeee it so far, the look, the weight (or lack there of) and the match seems perfect! They also had the blush palette that I've been waiting on Columbia to get for ions now...I picked up two shadows (plumage and a gold color the name escapes me) & some strobe cream as well...any of you women of color using this? If so how?

I'm hoping my search for the perfect foundation is OVER!

shyste

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne5787

Quote:
Originally Posted by yay1
How do you guys apply this to give a flawless finish? Anyone using sponges?

I use the 109 brush...sponges don't work well with this imo...I do a small area at a time because u have to work with it...I had a break out after the 1st use...but nothing since then
th_dunno.gif
coulda just been due to it was new product...never tried the strobe cream but it couldn't hurt...

K_ashanti

ITA with tish, also try with your fave moisturizer!!!! tish have u use the prep and prime powder with this

JustSloan

I have fairly sensitive, dry skin. My face has hated Studio Tech, but loved the concealer (Just to cover those circles)
Has anyone had any major break-outs, Rashes or anything odd skin wise happen?
I've been eye'ing this for a while now, I'd just hate to get it home, and in a week have my skin looking a mess.

crystrill

So as I've mentioned like 100x all over Specktra, I work at a CCO in Orlando. And Orlando has two locations. So I went to the other one that I don't work at and they had like 10 shades, including NC50 that I always wear so I bought it (after my discount it was TEN DOLLARS!). Then I went to MAC and got color matched. NC 50 and NC 45 looked good. The outer parts of my face is NC 50, the inner is more NC 45. So me and the MA decided on NC 45 with a powder to darken the areas that should be darkened. So now looking at myself, I don't think I like NC 45 all that much. After my discount at MAC it was TWENTY DOLLARS. NC50 was only $10! So I am thinking I might return NC 45 (or sell it since it's BNIB) and just keep NC 50. Or keep BOTH and use BOTH. But that's such a pain.

Any suggestions?

NewlyMACd

Well I went today to get some Rose Romance (which nothing stood out so I got nothing from it) but figured I should get the concealer to cover my dark spots. I havne't graduated to wearing foundation yet. So we tried the NC50 with a 217 brush and OMG heaven. Now the bad news is, it was sold out. Sold out there and online. So to the pp, Im going to try Pentagon and pray that have it. So
angry.gif

Shoegal-fr

Ok, i don't know what happened.
I loved the SS foundation so much when i bought it. It felt so lightweight, like i don't have anything on my skin at all. I didn't break out but... after a couple of use, it just became cakey on my skin and acted like it melts on my skin, and i have a slightly combination skin, no foundation has done that for me! Weird!
I gave up! I'm back to YSL and Guerlain!

crystrill

Okay looking at NC45 it is toooo light! Just putting the bottle next to my skin looks light! My MUFE HD was a perfect match and is darker. I'm returning the NC 45 tomorrow.