WOC: Studio Sculpt Foundation

ExquizitDiva

So TISH how's the coverage? I need full coverage. I have blemishes and big pores. I am super DUPER oily... even SFF w/ set powder or blot powder doesn't prevent the breakthru oil. I end up still blotting like every 30 minutes. I'm using the HD Primer and Mat Velvet & Duo Mat powder still w/ no relief! I'm going crazy here. I need a good foundation, concealer, powder and am really frustrated. I called my MAC MUA and she says she doesn't like this foundation. I thought man I have got to try this before now I dunno.

MsHeatherNicole

This is my first post after being a member for several months and lurking. YAY! Anyways, I really REALLY love this foundation. I got it today in NC50 and the concealer in NC45 (I wanted to try a shade lighter for my undereye area since I already have Studio Finish in NC50). Anyways, NC50 is my always shade in everything. I wear Select with SPF and Studio Tech (I think the studio tech makes me look darker). So, when I saw this in the tube I was convinced it was too dark, but after 2 strokes, it blended in perfectly. One of my besties was with me, and all she kept saying was "OMG it looks so good" this foundation is very natural looking, and what I mean by natural is that it looks like you have naturally nice skin. It leaves a dewy sort of finish (satin), which I'm not too crazy about, but nothing a little powder can't fix. I really like this foundation and concealer. The concealer is much more malleable than Studio finish and glides on perfectly,and it feels really nice being applied, too. The best thing about both of these is that they don't recquire a lot of product to be effective.

Highly recommended
smiles.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquizitDiva
So TISH how's the coverage? I need full coverage. I have blemishes and big pores. I am super DUPER oily... even SFF w/ set powder or blot powder doesn't prevent the breakthru oil. I end up still blotting like every 30 minutes. I'm using the HD Primer and Mat Velvet & Duo Mat powder still w/ no relief! I'm going crazy here. I need a good foundation, concealer, powder and am really frustrated. I called my MAC MUA and she says she doesn't like this foundation. I thought man I have got to try this before now I dunno.

I promise to God I just finished telling my friend Sara ..I cannot stop looking at my face...All she put on was concealer and the foundation no powder no blush or anything and it just looks like perfect skin...the coverage is amazing... I will not use anything else...I gave up MUFE several weeks ago...wasn't working out...It is a creamy studio Tech in my opinion...just perfect!

ExquizitDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
It is a creamy studio Tech in my opinion

WOW! SOLD!
thmbup.gif
winkiss.gif
I LOVE the coverage of Studio Tech... it's just that it doesn't keep the oil @ bay. Maybe I'll try Prep & Prime Skin... and the P&P powder when it comes out.

ExquizitDiva

Question... all you NC45s are you getting this foundation in the same color? What color concealer? Right now I'm using NC42 in Studio Finish.

TISH1124

^^ She told me I didn't even need a Primer on with this foundation and it looks so perfect...no pores just a silky matte like finish ..My skin but soooo much better...the weird thing is I needed NC45 in the concealer too...strange...but I did buy a lighter one too for those really tired dark days

TISH1124

I think that is perfect...I bought that exactly and a NC45 concealer too just because the texture is thicker than the foundation and sometimes I don;t need concealer at all like today

gabi03

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ She told me I didn't even need a Primer on with this foundation and it looks so perfect...no pores just a silky matte like finish ..My skin but soooo much better...the weird thing is I needed NC45 in the concealer too...strange...but I did buy a lighter one too for those really tired dark days

I went today and the MUA did they same thing to me, i'm a NC45 in foundation and she gave me the NC45 in concealer, which was interesting. I'll have to do like you and go back for a lighter one maybe. And you're/she's right, this foundation doesn't need a primer, my skin looks flawless with this stuff on!

couturesista

I just left MAC about an hour ago, I'm in love with this stuff! The tube is bigger than I thought. Like everyone else, my foundation and concealer are both the same, NC50. It blended perfectly. MY MUA (Venretta, Columbia F/S Store) said if some days I don't feel like doing a full face, I can just do the concealer and it would still be good.

Sisa

Some swatches... hope it helps!
Waaaahoooo my hands are so pale this winter...
thmbdn.gif

swatch1uv4.jpg

swatch2xx0.jpg

KatRosier

I love the foundation! Im constantly being matched (mismatched?)NC42 NC43 NC43.5 and once NC44(way too orange). So yesterday I had a makeover at mac, and the MA matched me to NC42 which is a perfect match in RL, but looks a bit yellow in photos.He applied it with 187 that's slightly damp with fix+ to give me a 'glow'. I actually looked glowy instead of oily for once! I haven't tried it with a dry brush yet so I don't really know if I'll like it plain.

The concealer however was disasterous! I'm glad I didn't buy it. My skin is not normally sensitive and I never had an allergic reaction to concealer or foundation in any brand. Some made my skin break out , but never did I end up with a red angry rash like I did last night. Seeing as I don't have it I cant really test again to see if it really is an allergy. Besides the rash , I didn't care for the coverage one bit. I have seriously dark undereye circles. I mean dark to the point of people think I have 2 black eyes when i dont have concealer on. This concealer didn't do anything except highlight the problem. I ended up with shiney light gray circles around my eyes. It doesn't cover better than studio finish, heck even studio lights gave me more coverage.

I don't know how you ladies got it to work. I trust my MA because he teaches at the best makeup school in our region and have been in the industry for over 15 years. Maybe the bad coverage was due to him having a bad day , but that still leaves me with the weird reaction.

Sorry about the rambling, I doubt this makes sense to anyone Im high on painkillers..sorry!

K_ashanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
I just left MAC about an hour ago, I'm in love with this stuff! The tube is bigger than I thought. Like everyone else, my foundation and concealer are both the same, NC50. It blended perfectly. MY MUA (Venretta, Columbia F/S Store) said if some days I don't feel like doing a full face, I can just do the concealer and it would still be good.

My MUA told me the same thing,perfect for lazy saturday mornings or sunday brunch

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRosier
I love the foundation! Im constantly being matched (mismatched?)NC42 NC43 NC43.5 and once NC44(way too orange). So yesterday I had a makeover at mac, and the MA matched me to NC42 which is a perfect match in RL, but looks a bit yellow in photos.He applied it with 187 that's slightly damp with fix+ to give me a 'glow'. I actually looked glowy instead of oily for once! I haven't tried it with a dry brush yet so I don't really know if I'll like it plain.

The concealer however was disasterous! I'm glad I didn't buy it. My skin is not normally sensitive and I never had an allergic reaction to concealer or foundation in any brand. Some made my skin break out , but never did I end up with a red angry rash like I did last night. Seeing as I don't have it I cant really test again to see if it really is an allergy. Besides the rash , I didn't care for the coverage one bit. I have seriously dark undereye circles. I mean dark to the point of people think I have 2 black eyes when i dont have concealer on. This concealer didn't do anything except highlight the problem. I ended up with shiney light gray circles around my eyes. It doesn't cover better than studio finish, heck even studio lights gave me more coverage.

I don't know how you ladies got it to work. I trust my MA because he teaches at the best makeup school in our region and have been in the industry for over 15 years. Maybe the bad coverage was due to him having a bad day , but that still leaves me with the weird reaction.

Sorry about the rambling, I doubt this makes sense to anyone Im high on painkillers..sorry!

It's funny yesterday I worked mines w/ my fix+ <3333..HI^5 to the glow.

dominichulinda

newsculpt.jpg

yeah they told me the same thing!!! lol..That's why in my other post I stated I'm going back for it. Maybe they got the "fyi" posted on the package :/

KatRosier

I forgot to add...he didnt seem to care much for either brush but if he HAD to get one he'd go for 195.It's not a quality problem he says but more of a "usefulness" problem. You don't NEED either brush if you have decent foundation and concealer brushes. HTH!