WOC: The Hair Thread

MissTT

yes.gif

jdandray

I love the big hair Richelle83!!!!! I'm like you, lazy,....but I've just been in buns for about a month now. I might do a twistout this weekend for my son's Bday party.

MAChostage

Ok, has anybody tried Dark and Lovely's new Au Naturale line? It's supposedly all about curl ELONGATION. I'm going to try to find the products locally tomorrow.

jdandray

^^^I haven't tried it but there are a lot of YouTube vids on it. I honestly don't believe there are products out there that will truly elongate the hair other than stretching and heat styling.

MissTT

Fudge!!!!!!!!!! Bee Mine was having a sale this weekend and I held off on checking out Friday night and now totally forgot about it. Frick!

MissTT

Nothing, but I believe dilligaf mentioned some products upthread and I was wanting to try them out. Then the more I was on the site it seemed like I had one of everything in my cart. LOL

Richelle83

2 things are the standouts for Bee Mine, the luscious moisturizer and the hair growth serum. My mom presses her hair with the non sulphur serum and her gets super straight and very soft. The moisturizer is expensive but work really well, probably the best I've used in a while.

MissTT

Both of those things were in my cart. I was also looking at the Hair Milk, Hair & Scalp Moisturizer, maybe the spritz? I don't recall. I think I had 5 items in my cart.

sss215

Fudge!!!!!!!!!! Bee Mine was having a sale this weekend and I held off on checking out Friday night and now totally forgot about it. Frick!
^^What do you use from Bee Mine?
Nothing, but I believe dilligaf mentioned some products upthread and I was wanting to try them out. Then the more I was on the site it seemed like I had one of everything in my cart. LOL
2 things are the standouts for Bee Mine, the luscious moisturizer and the hair growth serum. My mom presses her hair with the non sulphur serum and her gets super straight and very soft. The moisturizer is expensive but work really well, probably the best I've used in a while.
Both of those things were in my cart. I was also looking at the Hair Milk, Hair & Scalp Moisturizer, maybe the spritz? I don't recall. I think I had 5 items in my cart.
I love Bee Mine and mad I missed this last sale. I used to get an email about them, but I didn't this time. I love their hair milk and luscious moisturizer. I'm still on the bottles I ordered in May and now I need some more. Their moisturizers are very good.

sagehen

This is a little OT, but I am a little irritated that someone in the Divine Nights thread keeps referring to the woman in the promo pic as having a from. She doesn't. All hair that is curly and full of volume does not equal a "fro". And why does it keep being mentioned? Back on topic: are the Bee Mine products heavily scented? I can't remember why I have not tried them up to this point.

Richelle83

Back on topic: are the Bee Mine products heavily scented? I can't remember why I have not tried them up to this point.
Depends. The fruity scents are loud but if you like that type of scent it won't bother you. Fresh scent smell like a manly soap(not sure if she still has that option) which is loud and lingers.

sagehen

^^Loud and lingering I cannot do, especially since I will keep looking for the soapy man nearby lol. Thanks. BTW are these products for wash and go'ers or for people who do a lot of protective styles? And, thank you for the other thing. I just saw it.

sss215

This is a little OT, but I am a little irritated that someone in the Divine Nights thread keeps referring to the woman in the promo pic as having a from. She doesn't. All hair that is curly and full of volume does not equal a "fro". And why does it keep being mentioned? Back on topic: are the Bee Mine products heavily scented? I can't remember why I have not tried them up to this point.
I like the Coconut Cream. It's not too over powering. Island mango is. They used to do a Peach scent, that was sweet, but subtle but it was limited edition like MAC, lol. And never re promoted

MissTT

Back on topic: are the Bee Mine products heavily scented? I can't remember why I have not tried them up to this point.
Because appropriating Black culture is de rigueur. See also ghetto...

sss215 I'm laughing at your LE comment. I think I saw a 15% off code for somewhere that sells Bee Mine. I'll get on the ball next month when I get paid.

lenchen

You're most welcome MissTT! I'm not a fan of many of Carol's Daughters products for that exact reason...too greasy and it made my hair limp. I love the Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner as a co-wash because it makes me feel like I'm lathering my hair up when I'm really not and the slip is awesome, it really detangles and moisturizes! Let me know how things work out for you
amuse.gif
I need to try this! the next time I go into Trader joe's.

lenchen

I thought this thread was a natural hair care thread at first, I'm glad I can participate!
I'm currently relaxed. I have always had a full head of hair, long, and very thick! I've never had problems with breakage per say, but my hair always seemed dry, and I had the dry itchy, flaky scalp problem. After researching on the internet, I came upon KISS which is a paid membership haircare tips, on hair care, hair products, etc..then I found a blog about haircare, who had the same dry hair, flaky scalp issues. She decided to care for her relaxed hair using products that didn't contain, silicones, dimethicones, sulfates and mineral oils ingredients that are found in a lot of black hair care products. I changed the products I use in my hair. I balance my hair using conditioners that contain protein and moisture.
I'm a bit lazy so I keep it simple

I relax my hair every 3 months so about 11-12 weeks
When I'm in week 6-12, I use a heavy protein conditioner followed by a deep moisturizing Deep conditioning treatment-I add oils in both the protein and moisturizing deep conditioners

I use a sulfate free shampoo once a week
I deep condition once a week
I co wash 4 days a week (I've been working out a lot)

at night I moisturize my hair with the Jane carter leave in conditioner and I seal it with coconut oil

Products I use HG staples
shampoo/conditioners
Hairveda-Amala shampoo-sulfate free
Hairveda-Acai Berry protein conditioner co-washing
Hairveda-Moist condition Pro co-washing
Hairveda-Moist condition 24.7

Deep conditioners
Aubrey Organics-GBP Protein conditioner
Aubrey Organics-Honeysuckle conditioner
Aubrey Organics-White Camelia conditioner

Styling products
Hairveda- whipped jelly I use this for my edges no build up, stays well.
Hairveda- Almond glaze pomade-for my braid outs
Hairveda-Herbal tea pomade-scalp
Hairveda-Whipped cream ends

Oils
coconut oil
Jojoba oil
Oilve oil
Almond oil
To treat my dry scalp problem, I mix jojoba oil, tea tree oil, and some lavender together. I placed them in a squeeze tip bottle and I apply it in sections