WOC: The Hair Thread

sagehen

Flat twisted the front two on each side and normal for the rest.  It could be that the twists were too small for my fine hair.  Maybe thicker twists would be better.  For the time being, I'm just going back to wash 'n go styling and rock my natural curl pattern.
Team wash 'n go!

DILLIGAF

Flat twisted the front two on each side and normal for the rest. It could be that the twists were too small for my fine hair. Maybe thicker twists would be better. For the time being, I'm just going back to wash 'n go styling and rock my natural curl pattern.
My sister says for her finer hair braid outs work better for her than twist outs. For your twist outs are you using a particular technique?

DILLIGAF

I recently bought Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil system. I originally was looking for a hair masque for deep conditioning. I'm going to give these a try tomorrow and let you know what I think.

sss215

I recently bought Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil system. I originally was looking for a hair masque for deep conditioning.  I'm going to give these a try tomorrow and let you know what I think.
How did they work out. I'm thinking of grabbing those or the JBCO line.

meka72

Am I the only hair product junkie here? If not, CurlMart has a 20% off sale plus $5 shipping, today. You can get an additional 15% off with code "cm15".

Yazmin

I've become a product junkie as of late. I have both the (nearly) compete collection of products from As I Am and the Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil lines, waiting to be used. I really love Creme of Nature's Argan Oil line which in using right now. After seeing a couple of comments online about V05's conditioners and how they provide the best slip for detangling, I decided to pull my out my brand new bottle - and it was off the chain! Easiest detangling I've ever had so far! I'm definitely going to load up on those.

sagehen

I've become a product junkie as of late. I have both the (nearly) compete collection of products from As I Am and the Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil lines, waiting to be used. I really love Creme of Nature's Argan Oil line which in using right now. After seeing a couple of comments online about V05's conditioners and how they provide the best slip for detangling, I decided to pull my out my brand new bottle - and it was off the chain! Easiest detangling I've ever had so far! I'm definitely going to load up on those.
I like the moisturizing VO5 conditioners a lot, and I like the Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle (I think that's the name) for detangling.

DILLIGAF

How did they work out. I'm thinking of grabbing those or the JBCO line.
The shampoo was lovely and the entire line smells AMAZING. However the masque did not provide enough slip for me to detangle with it. I had to add the regular conditioner to the leave in to get the slip I wanted and I still felt like ti was not enough. I'm looking for a deep conditioner that's going to give me slip to detangle right after my DC without adding additional product.

smileyt06

Wash and go came out sooooo good
fa41d82e_image.jpeg

DILLIGAF

I think I found the DC with the slip I want for detangling! Nexxus Humectress has a thick balm like conditioner that comes in a pot. I spied it at Bed Bath and Beyond and thought to myself I used to LOVE Humectress conditioner when I was relaxed why not try it again. It smells amazing and condtioned like a boss! When it came time to detangle it was easy as hell. It was $14.99 and I had a $5 coupon so it came out to $10. My hair was soft and felt great!

I included a picture when I realized that there is an Humectress Deep Conditioner in a pot.

DILLIGAF

While I was in Atlanta last week I went to Target to get a bottle of Camille Rose Naturals Moisture Milk. Unlike the Targets in Miami this one had the complete line of CRN products. I kinda sorta went HAM. I purchased

1. The Moisture Milk
  2. Fresh Curls Revitalizing Hair Smoother
  3. Curlaide Moisture Butter
  4. Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
  5. Almond Jai Twisting Butter
  6. Coconut Water Penetrating Hair Treatment.
I didn't try the Curl Maker product because I'm still not sold on wash and gos. I'm scheduling a wash day for Thursday because my hair is a giant mess right now. The twist out I wore in Atlanta was the business so I was trying to wear it for a long as possible. Anyone else use CRN products? What are your thoughts?

meka72

I use and like CR moisture milk and almond jai butter, which I use to moisturizer my hair. I use those by default when I can't narrow down which of the products in my stash that I want to use. While the products work well for my hair, I have other products that I work better for my hair.
While I was in Atlanta last week I went to Target to get a bottle of Camille Rose Naturals Moisture Milk. Unlike the Targets in Miami this one had the complete line of CRN products. I kinda sorta went HAM. I purchased 
  1. The Moisture Milk
  2. Fresh Curls Revitalizing Hair Smoother
  3. Curlaide Moisture Butter
  4. Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
  5. Almond Jai Twisting Butter
  6. Coconut Water Penetrating Hair Treatment.
I  didn't try the Curl Maker product because I'm still not sold on wash and gos. I'm scheduling a wash day for Thursday because my hair is a giant mess right now. The twist out I wore in Atlanta was the business so I was trying to wear it for a long as possible. Anyone else use CRN products? What are your thoughts?

sagehen

I cut my hair back to shoulder-length curly with some layers for body. I now realize why I was so happy to get past this phase... shoot.

Yazmin

I've worn my natural hair out for nearly a year. Now I'm ready for a protective style, so I'm getting (crochet) twists in a couple of weeks.

Lin1018

You know what, I never paid any attention to those charts. I have seen some info in passing or if it was mentioned during a YouTube video. I guess I would be somewhere in the 4 range. What is it, 4d, 4e or something like that? But I think people's hair can be a mixture of things. I also think those charts are too complicated from what I've seen. If I were to create my own hair type chart, it would be this:

• Straight
  • Wavy
  • Curly
  • Coily

That's a lot easier to follow. I would be Coily because my hair coils up very tightly. I also think keeping things this simple allows for a better inclusion of different ethnicities without stereotyping. I've seen black people with naturally straight or wavy hair, and white people with curly or near coily hair.
I thank you and I love your chart I would be straight.

CartoonChic I would love to have some of your curl - mine can only be achieved with the aid of my trusted G3 Salon Pro but I am seriously thinking of perming my hair.

cocotears

I decided to see how much my hair grew after I cut it at the end of the summer last year and went natural. I was super surprised to see that it had actually grown a lot and it hasn't even been a year yet. Prior to this, I would always joke that I was bald because my hair wasn't as long as it was with a relaxer, but now I can't say that. Lol. Anyways, just thought I'd share.
8ff73638_image.jpeg