WOC: The Hair Thread

My last relaxer was 2002, I just cut off my waist length locs after 7.5 years of loving them. I now have a twa. I bleached and colored my hair red this summer and I'm now dealing with the fallout (no pun intended) of doing that. Don't regret bleaching, I enjoyed being a red head for the summer.

I'm now a deeper red/purple color and trying to deal with my disrespectful greys!
thud.gif
They were easier to hide when I had a head full of locs. I also am trying to figure out what my hair likes now. I'm using some shea moisture products along with argan oil and Jamaican castor oil. I never realized how warm my hair kept my head. This northeast winter is no joke. Going to invest in some silk lined hats.

My hair is fuzzy and coily, I'm sure I'm a "4"something or other. My plan is to grow my hair out for a bit and then start a different loc journey.

DILLIGAF

I have the same problem, Prettypackages, I can't stretch my WnGs as long as I'd like, even with pineapple-ing.
I want to try wash and go's but like the rest of you I get better style longevity from twist outs. I'm also lazy with my hair. WnGs are serious work!

Yazmin

I'm going to experiment with twistouts again during my holiday break. Do you retwist every night? Wet or dry?

Prettypackages

I have the same problem, Prettypackages, I can't stretch my WnGs as long as I'd like, even with pineapple-ing.

I'm definitely going to try that scarf. I pineapple too, and you'd think I ran a marathon in my sleep when you see my hair the next day. It's just not holding like it used too.

DILLIGAF

I'm definitely going to try that scarf. I pineapple too, and you'd think I ran a marathon in my sleep when you see my hair the next day. It's just not holding like it used too.
LMFAO! The bonnet struggle! I recently bought a extra large one because I would wake up and the bonnet would be on the pillow next to me. I'm going to look for the scarfs too.

meka72

[@]DILLIGAF[/@], I wish I had read your comment upthread about Bee Mine balancing moisturizer. There was a flash sale a couple weeks ago and I ordered the avocado balancing conditioner and the deep conditioner. If I catch another sale, I'll give the moisturizer a try as well as the spritz.

Yazmin

Went back to trying a twist out and it was a total fail. I'm so tempted to cut it all off and start over.

Yazmin

Flat twisted the front two on each side and normal for the rest. It could be that the twists were too small for my fine hair. Maybe thicker twists would be better. For the time being, I'm just going back to wash 'n go styling and rock my natural curl pattern.

LouGarner

Flat twisted the front two on each side and normal for the rest. It could be that the twists were too small for my fine hair. Maybe thicker twists would be better. For the time being, I'm just going back to wash 'n go styling and rock my natural curl pattern.
i used to twist my hair to small then i started to do it bigger and it looks alot better.