WOC: The Hair Thread

DILLIGAF

I noticed some of you ladies are using tshirts to dry your hair. Is it any better or worse than using a microfiber towel?

sagehen

I didn't find it better or worse, especially as far as frizz inducement, but I like the microfiber better because it removes enough water to make me ready for product application.

LouGarner

i hate shrinkage and the little knots but my hair in my hair but the more i keep my hair conditioned the more it seems to knot up .

DILLIGAF

i hate shrinkage and the little knots but my hair in my hair but the more i keep my hair conditioned the more it seems to knot up .
When I found that I was having excessive single strand knots I got a trim and I find that I have them way less.

Yazmin

Today is wash day, so I'm going to trim it as well. Then I'm going back to Anthony Dickie's method (not sure why I strayed from it); then I plan to add in a co-wash halfway between wash days and see how my hair responds to that regimen.

DILLIGAF

Today is wash day, so I'm going to trim it as well. Then I'm going back to Anthony Dickie's method (not sure why I strayed from it); then I plan to add in a co-wash halfway between wash days and see how my hair responds to that regimen.
I don't do wash and gos but I'm interested in his method. I was watching Taren Guy's salon series.

Yazmin

I saw the video she did with him just today, and I plan to add in a co-wash between shampoos. I had to put off my wash another day. Only made as far as detangling my hair before I didn't feel well and had to lay down. So now I've still got a deep conditioner in it, in twists, with a processing cap over it. I'll pop a knit hat over that for work and wash it when I get home this evening. Did a small trim on the ends bit will do a further dusting after it's been washed and has dried. At least the hard part is already done now.

ShareeA

I've never used a microfiber towel but I have used a t shirt. I like the t shirt better than a regular towel because it doesn't soak up most of the water and is less frizzy. I've started drying my hair with a silk scarf and I like that better than the t shirt.

smileyt06

Used Camilla Rose and her products have easily moved to number one as far as was and go's go. Also, an update I'm back curly yayyyyy I posted a pic of my length check two weeks ago and I must say I don't like my hair straight lol, so with that said I will not post a length check again till Feb 2016. I'm skipping a year of straight but it's otay since I only do it once a yr
0334b8bd_image.jpeg
70a27472_image.jpeg

meka72

I love the Camille rose almond jai twist butter and moisture milk. OAN: I have no idea why I want to buy hair products on black Friday because I don't need any. I could go at least a year without buying any and I'd be fine (although I might need a spritz).

DILLIGAF

i love camille rose and her products smell so good.
Target carries them now!

Quote: Originally Posted by meka72

I love the Camille rose almond jai twist butter and moisture milk.

OAN: I have no idea why I want to buy hair products on black Friday because I don't need any. I could go at least a year without buying any and I'd be fine (although I might need a spritz).
The only hair product that I will get is from Bee Mine. I can't get them on the ground and I LOVE their balanced moisturizer.

Prettypackages

I was excited to try Camille ROse until I see she uses Aloe vera. I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like that stuff.

DILLIGAF

I was excited to try Camille ROse until I see she uses Aloe vera.  I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like that stuff. 
My sister is allergic to it. Makes her scalp itch like crazy. Trying to find a leave in without it is work. Try Darcy Botanicals. We found one there she loved.

Prettypackages

My sister is allergic to it. Makes her scalp itch like crazy. Trying to find a leave in without it is work. Try Darcy Botanicals. We found one there she loved.
Thanks! That's horrible for your sister. I just didn't like that it made my curls extra curly and tight. The shrinkage was worse than it ever is on it's own, and detangling after I used the product was the worse time ever. So I leave it alone. But you are right, it can be hard to find products without it.