WOC: The Hair Thread

sagehen

So I went to my appointment today and HOORAY!!!!! The stylist cuts curly hair in it's naturally curly state!!!! Also small world we used to work together way back in the day. In total I lost about 1.5 inches of hair. My own fault for waiting to long to get a trim. Not a problem though as my hair grows fairly quickly. I also got a steam treatment and I loved the way my hair felt afterwards. I may look into getting a hair steamer for myself. She styled it in two strand twists. So far I'm happy but the real test becomes what it looks like when I take the twists down.
I have been waiting for your update. I am glad it went well. I so wish I could find someone near me to cut it curly.

DILLIGAF

I have been waiting for your update. I am glad it went well. I so wish I could find someone near me to cut it curly.
I just realized that I lost about 4 inches on one side of my head. *shrugs* Happens all the time. One side of my head grows like I feed it Miracle Grow. It had to go since she was trying to give me a shape so that I can try a wash and go. I will say this. My hair has NEVER felt softer. I already have a softer texture. I have fine hair but a lot of it and my hair after the steam treatment is INCREDIBLY soft. If you can get a steam treatment do it.

sagehen

I just realized that I lost about 4 inches on one side of my head. *shrugs*  Happens all the time. One side of my head grows like I feed it Miracle Grow. It had to go since she was trying to give me a shape so that I can try a wash and go. I will say this. My hair has NEVER felt softer. I already have a softer texture. I have fine hair but a lot of it and my hair after the steam treatment is INCREDIBLY soft. If you can get a steam treatment do it.
Yay Team Wash and Go!

DILLIGAF

So I finally took down my hair today from the style the hairdresser put my hair in on Tuesday. I am very very disappointed with it. Now that my hair is dry and the shrinkage has run its course I realize that I basically lost the last year and a half to two years of growth. I may go back to that salon for a treatment but I swear this is the last time I let someone else near my head with pair of scissors.

sagehen

So I finally took down my hair today from the style the hairdresser put my hair in on Tuesday. I am very very disappointed with it. Now that my hair is dry and the shrinkage has run its course I  realize that I basically lost the last year and a half to two years of growth. I may go back to that salon for a treatment but I swear this is the last time I let someone else near my head with pair of scissors.
Ooh, I am sorry about that. I so hate when folk get overzealous with their scissors.

DILLIGAF

Ooh, I am sorry about that. I so hate when folk get overzealous with their scissors.
I know hair grows back. In my case my hair grows back very quickly. I'm just back to that awkward stage where I didn't know what to do with my hair. ARGGHHHH!!!! I'm going to beat my face to take my mind off my hair.

sagehen

I know hair grows back. In my case my hair grows back very quickly. I'm just back to that awkward stage where I didn't know what to do with my hair. ARGGHHHH!!!! I'm going to beat my face to take my mind off my hair.
LOL I get that, and the crappy thing is that the stylist prolonged the awkward stage. Yes, go put on some of those Bite lipsticks I see are all the rage in the Sephora thread.

meka72

There's a new natural hair store in Houston, Pampered Tendrils, with an online store, pamperedtendrils.com. It is having a flash memorial day sale with 20% off during specified hours and free shipping all day: ONLINE 20% DISCOUNT MINIMUM PURCHASE $50 // CODE: MEMORIALFLASH14 CODE VALID ONLY ON 5/26/15 - 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM CST NO MINIMUM PURCHASE REQUIRED FOR FREE SHIPPING // NO CODE REQUIRED FOR FREE SHIPPING  FREE SHIPPING VALID ON ALL US PURCHASES ON 5/26/14 ENDING AT 11:59 PM CST I'm not affiliated with the store or owner at all. I purchased some things from the website earlier this month and was very pleased with the quick processing and shipping of my order. USPS killed the alleged priority shipping though.

meka72

Sage, it sounds like a road trip to go see Dilligaf's stylist. Dilligaf', I wish my hair grew fast :( I BC'ed down to nothing in december and by staying on top of my hair regimen, for the first time, I have seen higher than average growth over the last few months. But I wish I didn't have to work so hard at it.

smileyt06

The other day using As I Am Curling jelly, moisture milk and leave in conditioner. I love this whole line. My hair is so soft and moisturized. I also use sometimes Hollywood Beauty's Argan oil conditioner cream.

meka72

The other day using As I Am Curling jelly, moisture milk and leave in conditioner.  I love this whole line.  My hair is so soft and moisturized.  I also use sometimes Hollywood Beauty's Argan oil conditioner cream.
Your hair looks great!

sagehen

The other day using As I Am Curling jelly, moisture milk and leave in conditioner.  I love this whole line.  My hair is so soft and moisturized.  I also use sometimes Hollywood Beauty's Argan oil conditioner cream.
@ the bolded: that's exactly what your hair looks like. Looks so nice.

smileyt06

So I finally took down my hair today from the style the hairdresser put my hair in on Tuesday. I am very very disappointed with it. Now that my hair is dry and the shrinkage has run its course I  realize that I basically lost the last year and a half to two years of growth. I may go back to that salon for a treatment but I swear this is the last time I let someone else near my head with pair of scissors.
Yup girl don't worry it'll def grow back. Do you take any vitamins?

smileyt06

This is my current regimen
057ec0e1_image.jpeg

Prettypackages

The other day using As I Am Curling jelly, moisture milk and leave in conditioner. I love this whole line. My hair is so soft and moisturized. I also use sometimes Hollywood Beauty's Argan oil conditioner cream.
you're going to make me try the as I am again. I hated this line. I gave the products to my Mom. She loved them though.