YSL Discussion Thread

ashievic

The new eyeshadow is not a dupe for the Chanel. Love the colors, the khaki green, spring time green, delicate peach/pink, soft yellow and the silver just lovely. The nail polish is fun, changes color, which I love!!!!

leonah

I got the eyeshadow, pressed powder, both nail polishes and both mascaras today. Love them all, skip the lip products, due to Mr. Ford Boy's far too many came home with me.

let me know how the pressed powder is :) the packaging is adorable in watercolor pink :cloud9:

maeonsaturday

Got mine at Neiman's, it literally just got off the truck. As for the color of foundation. I was a BR10, but they did away with the color. So when I purchased the Ink Fusion, I got the BR20 and it was the same shade as the BR10 was. I also did some digging the white pressed powder is basically a dupe for the Guerlian one, obviously much cheaper then the 175.00 I paid for the Guerlian. No need for both. I also think the same for the new pressed powder I got today, if you got the balls from Guerlian, not sure you really need this. Again, lots cheaper then Guerlian.

Did you mean you got the new Touche Eclat foundation and was matched to the same shade as your fusion ink one?

Monsy

I asked really ree how do the new TE foundation shades compare to the old ones and she said she doesn't know she hasn't tried them yet :confused:

ashievic

Yes, to the foundation question, the BR10 in the Touche Eclat and the BR20 in the Fusion is the same color. I also checked to see if the BR20 in the Eclat is the same as the old BR10, it was at least to me. The pressed powder with the waves of color, used it today, actually reminds me of the Chanel that was released a few months back. The light peach with the connecting C's in the darker peach. My brush picked up mostly the peach shade since it has the largest amount of real estate in the compact. To me, it is not a highlighter the YSL one. It is a finishing powder with a matte finish.

maeonsaturday

I wrote to Nordstrom YSL customer service and they told me there is no change in the shade. Basically you stick to the same shade as your old TE. But that just makes me more confused.

Alysse011

Has anyone tried the new touche eclat foundation? I confirmed with Nordstrom CS that the new version is up on their website, and I'm very tempted to pull the trigger and take my chances with the shade. I loved the finish and idea of the original, but it just didn't last on me; it sounds like this new version has potentially solved my only issue. But then the Chanel foundation should be coming out soon too...what to do what to do. Such problems.

Monsy

I resolved staying power by using it together with touch eclat primer. HUGE difference. 12+ hours later and it still looks perfect. without it not so much it would just slide of... never happened to me with any other foundation. I am talking about the first formula of touch eclat not the new one. i think @ash has the new foundation look couple of posts up

Alysse011

Thank you Monsy! I went ahead and ordered. I may need to try that primer out too. Have you tried any other primers with it? If so, Did they work well too or does the YSL primer seem to work best?

Monsy

I have tried multiple primers (mac, too faced, lancome...) none of them really worked. It would just slide of in patches on my chin, forehead... I have normal/dry skin and never had issue with any foundation coming off like that. But I got mini primer from sephora code and I do not like primer by itself it is just thick silicony mess but together with the foundation it really works magic

starletta8

So excited!

Swung by my local Neiman's and parted with some Christmas money. I bought the eyeshadow palette, the face powder, and both nail polishes. They were almost out of the polishes already.

bunnypoet

I ordered the eyeshadow palette and the face powder from the Spring collection from BG. Can't wait to see these gorge compacts in person!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I was shocked to find this collection out at my counter already a few days ago. The shadows in the palette are smooth and well pigmented, although I suspect there would be fallout issues with the silver shade.

The he powder is lovely to look at, but it seems very similar to Guerlain pressed meteorites, and a bit dustier at that. Jury is out on that one for now.

starletta8

I was shocked to find this collection out at my counter already a few days ago. The shadows in the palette are smooth and well pigmented, although I suspect there would be fallout issues with the silver shade.

The he powder is lovely to look at, but it seems very similar to Guerlain pressed meteorites, and a bit dustier at that. Jury is out on that one for now.

At more than $100 less than the new LE pressed Meteorites, I'm willing to take a chance.

Normally I can't wait to tear into my new goodies, but I'm jamming on MAC Ellie Goulding right now. So I may be able to keep things for actual spring.

The pink NP was originally a skip for me, but I adore a non-gold shimmer.

elegant-one

Wow, none of my posts from the other day are here or in the other threads :(

I bought the face powder yesterday....so then AFTER my order, today NM sends me a 10% off code :doh:

Latest posts