2009 Makeup/Hair Trade Shows..?

wifey806

Hey all! So all you in "The Industry"
winkiss.gif
, I was hoping we could share rumors about what the hot shows are for the upcoming year...heehee especially since I want to go to as many as possible!!
th_DANCE.gif

All I know about:
- June: IMATS in Los Angeles IMATS Los Angeles 2009-July: CosmoProf in Las Vegas
COSMOPROF North America - Home

any thoughts, comments, past experience? Any not worth the time/money??
th_dunno.gif

TIA!

dominichulinda

going off of promo pictures:

skin: dewy/glowy
cheeks: peaches and berries
lips: like a mac lipgelee (soft hint of colors)
eyes: sheers of pastels..bold bright liners or smudge of dark colors (guessing for night time).

hair: buns, two french braids on the side look pinned up(dont know the name).

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
going off of promo pictures:

skin: dewy/glowy
cheeks: peaches and berries
lips: like a mac lipgelee (soft hint of colors)
eyes: sheers of pastels..bold bright liners or smudge of dark colors (guessing for night time).

hair: buns, two french braids on the side look pinned up(dont know the name).

um... hi girl! did u mean to type that in this post?
cutey.gif

mslips

Well I'm definetely going to the Midwest Beauty Show this yr..i havent gone since 2005! I'm going to also try and see if I can work with an exhibitor I know..i love this show im saving money for it! It's Feb. 28-March 2 or 3? It's so much fun! It will take place at the McCormick Place downtown Chicago again.

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806
um... hi girl! did u mean to type that in this post?
cutey.gif

lmao! I could of sworn it said something else...ooOoOoops!
choochoo.gif

sinergy

I would love to go to the ABS (Midwest Beauty Show in Chicago) I went this past march and had so much fun, plus both my sisters live in that area, and one just started cosmetology school a few months ago, so it would be fun to go to something like that with her, she hasnt been able to get to one yet. Love hair shows!!!!

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Can you get into any without being a licensed professional?

I dunno! Good question!!!! cuz I never would have thought to bring my liscence lol!
To be honest, i've never had enough money to go to one before, but dangit, this is the year!!

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslips
Well I'm definetely going to the Midwest Beauty Show this yr..i havent gone since 2005! I'm going to also try and see if I can work with an exhibitor I know..i love this show im saving money for it! It's Feb. 28-March 2 or 3? It's so much fun! It will take place at the McCormick Place downtown Chicago again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinergy
I would love to go to the ABS (Midwest Beauty Show in Chicago) I went this past march and had so much fun, plus both my sisters live in that area, and one just started cosmetology school a few months ago, so it would be fun to go to something like that with her, she hasnt been able to get to one yet. Love hair shows!!!!

darn you Chi-Town women! I'm in CA, but yu ARE getting me excited! Are hair shows like a big swapmeet (ie people selling the hottest, newest things)?

TISH1124

I always go to the HBA show in NY but it's not until Sept....You do not have to have a license to get in if you know someone who does and is going or registered ....they usually can give you a guest pass.

makeupadctn

Quote:

They say only licensed professionals only
thmbdn.gif
bcuz I would SOO be there. I'm in NY, but I would make a vacay out of it
choochoo.gif
....btw it's March 28th-30th.

Brittni

Well, if anyone who is licensed is going and wants me to be their very grateful guest... LOL

sinergy

Quote:
darn you Chi-Town women! I'm in CA, but yu ARE getting me excited! Are hair shows like a big swapmeet (ie people selling the hottest, newest things)?

lol.gif
Im in Texas and when I went I went with our Cosmo school, we raised the airfare money and the hotel money doing fundraisers and stuff. We made enough money for about 18-20 people to go so all we did was register with NCA and got tickets to the show for free (same price as paying NCA membership plus a subscription to a few beauty mags for free ) and spending money. and boy did we spend.
yahoo.gif
I love watching platform cuts and color. I want to go again!!!!!!!!!!

mslips

Quote:

Yes, you just have to know anyone whos licensed and they can get a ticket for you, otherwise i dont think you can, but if you can it will be more expensive tickets are 50 bucks

mslips

Quote:

oh yea lots of hot new things for discounted prices! you should def go! there's a bunch of exhibitors, shows, there's famous stylists that perform their work on models, there's small shows at the booths like paul mitchell i remember where they had a team of stylists doing cuts on models, talking about the products/school, and asking q's and throwing prizes at you if you get it right, there's a lot goin on...its too much fun and coming home with all those goodies just makes you so excited and happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupadctn
They say only licensed professionals only
thmbdn.gif
bcuz I would SOO be there. I'm in NY, but I would make a vacay out of it
choochoo.gif
....btw it's March 28th-30th.

oh really? weird on the actual site it said feb 28, but i researched more and yer right, well phew! relieves me i can save more money for it! lol]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinergy
lol.gif
Im in Texas and when I went I went with our Cosmo school, we raised the airfare money and the hotel money doing fundraisers and stuff. We made enough money for about 18-20 people to go so all we did was register with NCA and got tickets to the show for free (same price as paying NCA membership plus a subscription to a few beauty mags for free ) and spending money. and boy did we spend.
yahoo.gif
I love watching platform cuts and color. I want to go again!!!!!!!!!!

cool are you going this yr??

What i REALLY want to go to is IMATS! That's a dream show!!

sativa

For those of you who are interested or willing to travel...Miami Beach has a Makeup/Hair Show in Feb '09. This event is put on by the Powder Group & as you can imagine, MAC has a strong presence in the show. Since there is no licensure for MakeUp Artistry in Florida professionals & non-professionals alike are welcome to attend. I went last year & the free seminars alone are worth the ticket price (3-days $75 or $45 a day + parking on the Beach $10-$15).

::: Miami Beach Convention Center :: Calendar of Events : Calendar of Events: Calendar View

For more national tradeshow news you can ck out Cosmetic Trade Shows,Beauty Products Exhibitions,Cosmetic Products Exhibitions,Beauty Products & Services Expos

If you've never been to a Makeup Trade Show I highly recommend you go at least once. Our community is so diverse spanning from "old time" professionals to novices all with a talent & desire to share their Artistry with you.

i am going to the chicago show with my hair dresser that has been doing my hair since I was 16.. she invited me because she knows how much I loveeee makeup! I love her, she is the best in chicago hands down.

Jewelybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sativa
For those of you who are interested or willing to travel...Miami Beach has a Makeup/Hair Show in Feb '09. This event is put on by the Powder Group & as you can imagine, MAC has a strong presence in the show. Since there is no licensure for MakeUp Artistry in Florida professionals & non-professionals alike are welcome to attend. I went last year & the free seminars alone are worth the ticket price (3-days $75 or $45 a day + parking on the Beach $10-$15).

::: Miami Beach Convention Center :: Calendar of Events : Calendar of Events: Calendar View

For more national tradeshow news you can ck out Cosmetic Trade Shows,Beauty Products Exhibitions,Cosmetic Products Exhibitions,Beauty Products & Services Expos

If you've never been to a Makeup Trade Show I highly recommend you go at least once. Our community is so diverse spanning from "old time" professionals to novices all with a talent & desire to share their Artistry with you.

Does the Miami show have their own website? I would LOVE to go, and would like more info. Thanks for the heads up!

Latest posts