2009 Makeup/Hair Trade Shows..?

DjMixxtress

I'm just getting started as a Makeup Artist and I'm planning on attending The Powder Group's Makeup 101 in LA March 21-23rd. Has anybody ever attended this class or are planning to go next month. I'm from Seattle and I'm pretty much going out there all by myself so it would be nice to meet someone who has attended this class or is planning on going.

Thanks!!

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsuga lady
Is anyone going to the LA show on the 15th and 16th?

I am.
yahoo.gif

couturesista

I would like to attend the IMATS in Pasadena, when booking my trip what airport would I be arriving in, LAX?
Thanks Ladies/Gents

jrvt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
Are there any near Toronto?

There is the ABA, I am not sure when it is though-I think it is in October/November. For that one you have to either be a licensed stylist/student or with someone who bought you a ticket. They are always looking for models too.
There are good discounts on product of all sorts!

slick

Yep, its open to the public. I'm going! Road trip....wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychotums
Has anyone seen this? Could this be my chance! I e-mailed to see if you have to be a pro or licensed, because I couldn't find it on the site.

Canadian Makeup Show - Vancouver, BC

sinergy

^^ABS in chicago? my sis is going too...wish i was there!!!!!!!!!!! no money for this trip this yr tho...aw well...have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
Are there any near Toronto?

yes, Canadian Makeup Show(Toronto) will be in November 2009 and the Vancouver one will be this weekend! (April 4-5, 2009). Canadian Makeup show has merged with IMATS and now all canadian makeup shows will be IMATS shows
choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by michthr
hm im inerested in going but i would to plan a vacation around it (there are none of these in canada
ssad.gif
).... plus it would be nice to know if MAC is handing out the PRO cards cause thats a really big reason in why im would be going
smiles.gif

you should definitely attend the Vancouver Canadian Makeup Show this weekend (April 4-5). IMATS is throwing the show, google for their site. I also emailed them and they confirmed that MAC PRO will be registering people for pro cards as an event special.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubylovespink23
you should definitely attend the Vancouver Canadian Makeup Show this weekend (April 4-5). IMATS is throwing the show, google for their site. I also emailed them and they confirmed that MAC PRO will be registering people for pro cards as an event special.

Omg! Im going to this!

Is anyone going to this?
I just bought my tickets!

I live in Victoria and I am going over with my mom the night before, shes going to shop downtown while I go!

If any one is going, please do message me! We can meet up and do a little shopping
smiles.gif

DjMixxtress

Do you know if they have good discounts there on makeup? I'm from Seattle and I'm planning on flying out there in June.

Tsunami Rose

Does any one know of the hair/makeup convention in Las Vegas? I know that there was one last year that I wanted to go to but I couldn't. I really want to go this year!

Evey

For my Texans...there is the Texas Beauty Show on October 25-26, 2009 at the Dallas Convention Center in Dallas of course LOL! I am SO going!

Here is the site Texas Beauty Show

jamochamix

Do people bring their kids to the IMAT's? I'm wondering because I was thinking of taking my son. He's almost 6 and has told us he wants to be a stylist, but do it all(hair, makeup and clothes). I just thought i'd start him learning early. He already tries to mimic some makeup artist tutorials on You Tube, not that he does a good job yet.