2009 Makeup/Hair Trade Shows..?

sinergy

I dont think I can afford to go this year, but I really really want to go. My sis lives in chicago so she will probably be there this year without me!!!!

wifey806

^^^ aww I'm sorry
ssad.gif
hopefully she'll buy you something!

Also, if any of you guys have Netflix, you should totally watch "Hair World". It's in the documentary section, it's a watch-it-now option. It will make you wish the hair shows were like riiiight now!!

sinergy

^thanks for the info!!! I was supposed to compete for my school last year when we went to a hairshow, but they pulled us out, staff was changing around and they said they couldn't concentrate on practicing with us or whatever. But in at the ABS I got to see them suckazzz in action! awesome!!!! and I loved the makeup competition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelybug
ACtually... I think I found it.
The Makeup Show...but it says they wont be doing the Miami show this year.
ssad.gif
I'm confused lol

yeah it looks like they are moving it to the LA one in March. I will be going the NY one in May can not wait.
yahoo.gif

mslips

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahStarlight
i am going to the chicago show with my hair dresser that has been doing my hair since I was 16.. she invited me because she knows how much I loveeee makeup! I love her, she is the best in chicago hands down.

what salon does she work at? the abs doesnt have much makeup, mainly hair stuff

sativa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelybug
ACtually... I think I found it.
The Makeup Show...but it says they wont be doing the Miami show this year.
ssad.gif
I'm confused lol

Sorry to dissappoint. You are correct - the show was cancelled this year in Miami....
The Makeup Show will only be in LA, March 15th and 16th and NYC, May 17th and 18th in 2009.

Tickets and travel information are available on our website www.themakeupshow.com

Best,
Amanda

Amanda Levine
Event Producer
The Makeup Show & Metropolitan Pavilion
p. 212.242.1213
f. 212.463.7099
www.themakeupshow.com
www.metropolitanevents.com

MelodyKat

Chicago Girls!!!

Lets meet up! I am definitely going on March 1st. That sunday. What do you guys think???

And I will be in NYC for the Makeup show for the second time! I had a blast last year...I wanna do it again
smiles.gif

MisaMayah

The IMATS are in London 24th and 25th January.
Im still contemplating whether or not to go. There aren't as many exhibitors compared to the one in US. I thought for some reason the MAC discount would be more at the exhibition but its the same pro discount rate. We dont even have MUFE at the show, there's only one distributor in London as far as I know.

What are your experiences of IMATS? is it worth going? The key speakers dont even look that appealing... =( And for £38 a ticket..hmmm i dunno

purelyfabulous

The Bonner Bros. Hair Show will be February in Atlanta.... MUCH to do! I have hairstylists asking me to go cuz they want me to put myself out there, but I'm scared! lol! i'll post more info in another thread so you lovelies can be aware of the info for that event!

lara

Make-up Artist magazine had a mention of IMATS being held in Sydney in 2009, but there's nothing on the website about it.

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sativa
Sorry to dissappoint. You are correct - the show was cancelled this year in Miami....
The Makeup Show will only be in LA, March 15th and 16th and NYC, May 17th and 18th in 2009.

Tickets and travel information are available on our website www.themakeupshow.com

Best,
Amanda

Amanda Levine
Event Producer
p. 212.242.1213
f. 212.463.7099
www.themakeupshow.com

I was heartbroken when I found out about this
ssad.gif
I was so psyched about going...these types of events rarely come to FL. *sigh* Time to start saving my pennies for NYC then
smiles.gif

mslips

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaMayah
The IMATS are in London 24th and 25th January.
Im still contemplating whether or not to go. There aren't as many exhibitors compared to the one in US. I thought for some reason the MAC discount would be more at the exhibition but its the same pro discount rate. We dont even have MUFE at the show, there's only one distributor in London as far as I know.

What are your experiences of IMATS? is it worth going? The key speakers dont even look that appealing... =( And for £38 a ticket..hmmm i dunno

shit...if i were you i'd go...man yer so lucky to be near that! that's disappointings there's no mufe..but there's so many other great brands out there and all the goodies you'd get from tere..GO!
thmbup.gif

mslips

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyKat
Chicago Girls!!!

Lets meet up! I am definitely going on March 1st. That sunday. What do you guys think???

And I will be in NYC for the Makeup show for the second time! I had a blast last year...I wanna do it again
smiles.gif

OOO im goin sunday too! at least so far that's what it looks like? I'm going to wear Medusa's Makeup to support my buddies (the creators) and wear it extreme!

socheata

Oh, wow. My agency is actually working on all the shows.

The soonest would be the ISSE Show in Long Beach,CA on 1/31 - 2/2.
Which I will be going to! Us agents love free stuff!
The next big one would be the ABS in Chicago in March.
I think San Jose in April. And IBS in New York as well.
It's hard for me to name them all off the top of my head,
but I will make sure I will post here every month prior to a show.
Or if there's a place you guys want to know about, I will check
my calendar. Just let me know.

I never knew that it was only for licensed professionals, but I've heard that. This will be my first show... Wish me luck!

anny1983

hey guys!!!!
i'm new to spektra and i am so happy to be part of this communitry!!!!!!
my question for you guys is: are there any makeup manufaturers that go to these trade shows??? so lets say i want to start my own line would this be good for me???

help

thank you

natjotua

I'm really excited for IMATS this year, specially since I've never been! haha It lands around my bday, so hopefully MAC will be doing the MAC PRO CARD thing again, where any one can get it! They did it last year! LETS PRAY FOR THIS YEAR!

blindpassion

I emailed them about whether I need a license or not to attend
I live in Canada and freelance, but I am self taught.
I would LOVE to fly down and go to this!!!!!

brownsuga lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by sativa

Best,
Amanda

Amanda Levine
Event Producer
p. 212.242.1213
f. 212.463.7099
www.themakeupshow.com

Is anyone going to the LA show on the 15th and 16th?

michthr

hm im inerested in going but i would to plan a vacation around it (there are none of these in canada
ssad.gif
).... plus it would be nice to know if MAC is handing out the PRO cards cause thats a really big reason in why im would be going
smiles.gif