205 mascara fan brush

Bec688

So, is this brush only available in stores then? Also, is it a LE brush, or will it be a permanent item?

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskitchmas
Is anyone interested in doing a tut? or least a single photo showing how the brush is applied to the lashes?

please?

My digicam hasn't worked in months otherwise I would happily post this for you
ssad.gif
I hope somebody else can do it. The best way I can describe it is to pretend you are lining your upper waterline and then don't. Line your lashes from underneath instead.

lara

Just imagine that you're painting your lashes.
Curl first, then look down and paint the top of the lashes from root to tip. Reset the curl by then looking slightly up and painting the lashes underneath root to tip. Voila!

I imagine that it's a bit fiddly doing it on yourself.

.VivaDiva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
smiles.gif
I'm such a sucker for brushes and pigments
rofl.gif

Haha me too!

Since when has the brush been out? It isn't online and I went to the mac store today and they didn't have it
hmm.gif
Maybe I should try the Pro store in NY.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_flawless
that sounds awesome...i wonder if you could use it with fluidline

you probably could, to make colored mascara. i dunno how well it would work since it's not formulated as a mascara, but for tipping i bet it'd be pretty cool.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
you probably could, to make colored mascara. i dunno how well it would work since it's not formulated as a mascara, but for tipping i bet it'd be pretty cool.

*shifty look*

I use Blacktrack to make big falsie-looking lashes by brushing it on the roots and stroking up the lash body. Thickens like whoa!

MAC_Pixie04

well there's the answer to that then! i've never used fluidline as mascara cuz i dont have the tools, but now that i know how, I'll give it a try.

Shawna

I'm not 100% positive, but I think my MA used nightfish fluidline on my lashes with the 205
smiles.gif

Meliss1026

Is this brush perm.? and where is it being sold (stores and counter?)? i went to my counter tonight to look and they didnt have it =/
I NEED this brush lol

freyja313

I was at a MAC seminar at Nordies yesterday and they had this brush in the Brow Beat display. I kept looking at it wondering what the heck it was used for in regard to brows.
hmm.gif
Popped onto MAC's site when I got home and searched for 205 but nothing, then came here and saw this thread. Started reading the posts and decided I HAD to get this brush so I ran back to the counter tonight to pick it up (and had to withstand the "back so soon?" and "couldn't stay away, huh?" comments from the MAs...) Told them people online were raving about this brush so I had to try it. The gals didn't seem to know too much about it but I think I piqued their curiosity with my maniacal gushing.

Got home and tried this on one eye with a tube of Zoom Lash that's been giving me clumpy fits and I am already in love! I am considering getting a backup of this brush, but hoping instead that it'll show up at the CCO so I can get two more. I know I'm not even close to having mastered technique with this one but love the results already so it can only get better. HIGHLY recommend this brush but if you're not sure, see if they'll let you give it a go at the counter. As the ultimate test, try it with a mascara that you've been struggling with and see what kind of results you get. You may think twice about tossing that tube in the trash!

Also, from my searches online this brush is essentially nonexistent right now so you may have trouble finding it. I got mine at the Bellevue Square Nordstrom MAC counter and they had trouble finding it among the stock of brushes - I had a near panic attack thinking they had it on display but didn't actually have it!

Specs: Approx 6.25" long and 0.5" wide at the widest part of the fan.
Retail: US$16.50.

205_mascara_fan.jpg

bebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkitty
will it be easy to clean?

I bought mine today er well yesterday.. I totally love it, and its my new toy to play with (I'm seriosuly thinking about buying one other), I've used it a few times already just goofing around, and yeah its easy to clean, you just use the same thing as the reg brushes, I use baby shampoo and it is dry within a matter of minutes and ready to be put away and or used again.

I tried it with mascara, and fluidline, mascara works alot better if you want volume, fluidline however is very nice, it just gives the lashes a tint and makes them look really full
eyelove.gif

same with any other brush, wash it before you use it
smiles.gif

madkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
I bought mine today er well yesterday.. I totally love it, and its my new toy to play with (I'm seriosuly thinking about buying one other), I've used it a few times already just goofing around, and yeah its easy to clean, you just use the same thing as the reg brushes, I use baby shampoo and it is dry within a matter of minutes and ready to be put away and or used again.

I tried it with mascara, and fluidline, mascara works alot better if you want volume, fluidline however is very nice, it just gives the lashes a tint and makes them look really full
eyelove.gif

same with any other brush, wash it before you use it
smiles.gif

now to find one
type.gif

freyja313

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkitty
will it be easy to clean?

Yup. The scans in my post above were done after I had used it with Zoom Lash and then cleaned it off. I sprayed some MAC Brush Cleanser on a tissue and swiped the brush on the tissue until it was clean. Probably a good idea to clean it ASAP after using though - I don't think I'd let it sit for hours with mascara on it.

Latest posts