205 mascara fan brush

poddygirl

Well, after reading all these posts I just *had* to get this little brush
graucho.gif
As Freyja says try it with a mascara which you had thought was too clumpy or wet and it will work great! You can really get down right to the root of the lashes and deposit lots of color there. I cleaned mine immediately after using and it cleaned easily. Wasn't too sure about leaving the mascara on there (even until tonight after work) as I thought it would get crunchy and damage the bristles.

Definite must have!
cheerleader.gif

mrstucker

OK..so no PRO stores or counters that I've called have this brush! I called the PRO #, and they said they don't have it either.

EDIT: Never mind! Found one! Can't WAIT to try this....I have wimpy lashes, and this sounds like it'll be cheaper than falsies all the time!

PS: Canadian ladies: these are $20, and available at the Yorkdale St. MAC in Toronto

rnsmelody

ahh.. i cant find it.. i went to nordies yesterday to pick up the soriee set, and i asked the ma's about it.. but she and a co-worker gave me a nasty attitude about it " saying ohh we never carry that brush. i dont think its going to be made.." WTH oh well.. im better off shopping at a real mac store.. my rant ** sorry haha.. ***i must have this brush***..will the counters carry them? or do i have to go to a mac store to get it? TIA

IcePrincess2250

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlstar
I have these at my counter, if anyone is in desperate need and wants me to CP one.. just pm me.

ditto!

prplgrapesmakup

hi i'm new, but i'm a working makeup artist and if the brush (which i also want) doesn't seem to be coming out soon or at all, you can go to your local Michael's or art supply store and they have fan brushes just like it. all different sizes too. thats where i got mine, i've been using a fan brush for a while now, cheaper for my kit too. but for sanitation purposes i just wipe my mascara onto my pallet and work from there.

lia_matos

Regarding to prplgrapesmakup post, i looked around some websites of art stuff to check similar brushes. I think that mini synthetic fan brushes would be the best to work as 205, and as far as i researched , they cost around 7-10 dollars.

roxybc

I'd love to try this brush, but can someone explain how exactly to use it for applying mascara, cuz I'm not exactly sure.

Thanks!!

Bec688

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybc
I'd love to try this brush, but can someone explain how exactly to use it for applying mascara, cuz I'm not exactly sure.

Thanks!!

If you go back a couple of posts, Lara explains how
smiles.gif

OrangeLuvinChik

Yey! I've been waiting for someone to rave about this brush before I go ahead and give it a try. It sounds promising! I hope the MAC counter I go to still has it. I can't believe I've been there several times and all I did was stroke the brush!
greengrin.gif

..kels*

i'm hesitant about getting this brush.. i'll buy it & i won't know how to use it.
hmm.gif
ssad.gif
tutorial??

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..kels*
i'm hesitant about getting this brush.. i'll buy it & i won't know how to use it.
hmm.gif
ssad.gif
tutorial??

Trust me, if I can figure it out, anybody can
cutey.gif
Go back a few posts to the one Lara posted. She explains it really well.

attacuswings

I got mine today and I love it! I have a problem with clumping no matter what mascara I use and the fan brush solved that problem! I feel like I need to play with it some more to get my technique down but I love it so far.

I found mine at the usual Belk counter at Crabtree, if any NC girls are wondering where to find one.

addicted_2color

if anyone is in S. california...they have it at the montclair nordies. its funny because when i went when brow beat came out, the MA was too lazy to get his brushes that he used that brush to highlight my brows
lmao.gif
i had no idea what it was at that time and he said that no one did either.

OnaFyre

I've been using it after my normal application of mascara to seperate and de-clump. This seems to work better for me than using the brush to apply apply

The other thing I discovered is its great for appling color to lashes. On Halloween I used it to add Flammable paint to the outer edges of some falsies. I think some other people have mentioned using the brush with fluidliners so I imagine its a good way to add brightly colored fluidlines to lashes.

MisStarrlight

As of last time I worked (Sunday) my store had a ton of 205s in. It took some time, but I think everyone's starting to get them in stock now.
The brush should be positioned at the bottom of the mascara tower if you want to see one when you go in & junk.
We didn't get it in gratis, but it's so cheap ($16.50 retail) that I think I'm going to get it...just to have a second fan brush in my kit-for when I've got people lined up aroud the block for me to do their faces.
th_ymca.gif

Latest posts