All Things Sephora

Medgal07

Now would be a bad time to mention the contest they are running on IG for a $500 giftcard?
th_roll1.gif

treasuremymac

Yes definitely report if they tell you! I'm so curious, I hate competition in any form so if I knew things would be so insanely limited I would have stayed away, I'm not the type to enter contests or anything like that I just get annoyed lol
well i just got off the phone with someone after a 20 minute wait. I asked if she or anyone else knew when it was released and the quantities for each. She said she didnt know. I asked if a supervisor would know and she said they didnt know either. I finally asked "does anyone know anything about this" and she told me they werent given any information about specific release times and the quantities that were released. Finally I said "this is information i would like to know as a customer and would appreciate you putting me in touch with someone that could help me get answers" and she said (again this was a very circular conversation) she didnt know who could answer my questions. I said "well who puts this promotion together" and she said "our marketing team" so i sarcastically said "ah ha, so you do know something. can you put me in touch with a specific person in that department?" and she flat out said no. so i told her there are many upset customers that waited up all night for this and no information was provided and they were unwilling to share information. could she perhaps help me in addressing my concern to get more information and she finally said to email [email protected] which as you all know, will be nothing more than a series of canned replies by CSRs making $10/hour with little to no interest in helping us get answers. At that point I gave up as I had the urge to do multiple face palms after she answered each of my questions with "I dont know"

I plan to personally write to their corporate office and address a letter to their marketing department. I wonder if there's a way for many of us to address our complaints in one letter (kind of like the white house petitions can get signatures from many people for a specific cause) because this was poorly organized and the customer service was lacking to the point of frustration.

Im more upset by the fact that they refuse to share information about the release time and the quantities they released as opposed to it selling out if that makes any sense. I like transparency and this entire promotion was one big vague mess.

Medgal07

well i just got off the phone with someone after a 20 minute wait. I asked if she or anyone else knew when it was released and the quanitities for each. She said she didnt know. I asked if a supevisor would know and she said they didnt know either. I finally asked "does anyone know anything about this" and she told me they werent given any information about specific release times and the quanitites that were releases. Finally I said "this is information i would like to know as a customer and would appreciate you putting me in touch with someone that could help me get answers" and she said (again this was a very circular conversation) she didnt know who could answer my questions. I said "well who puts this promotion together" and she said "our marketing team" so i sarcastically said "ah ha, so you do know something. can you put me in touch with a specific person in that department?" and she flat out said no. so i told her there are many upset customers that waited up all night for this and no information was provided and they were unwilling to share information. could she perhaps help me in addressing my concern to get more information and she finally said to email [email protected] which as you all know, will be nothing more than a series of canned replies by CSRs making $10/hour and little to no interest in helping us get answers. At that point I gave up as I had the urge to do multiple face palms after she answered each of my questions with "I dont know"

I plan to personally write to their corporate office and address a letter to their marketing department. I wonder if there's a way for many of us to address our complaints in one letter (kind of like the white house petitions can get signatures from many people for a specific cause) because this was poorly organized and the customer service was lacking to the point of frustration.

Im more upset by the fact that they refuse to share information about the release time and the quantities they released as opposed to it selling out if that makes any sense. I like transparency and this entire promotion was one big vague mess.
What's truly sad is that she probably really DIDN'T KNOW
ohboy.gif

iagree.gif

patentg33k

well i just got off the phone with someone after a 20 minute wait. I asked if she or anyone else knew when it was released and the quanitities for each. She said she didnt know. I asked if a supevisor would know and she said they didnt know either. I finally asked "does anyone know anything about this" and she told me they werent given any information about specific release times and the quanitites that were releases. Finally I said "this is information i would like to know as a customer and would appreciate you putting me in touch with someone that could help me get answers" and she said (again this was a very circular conversation) she didnt know who could answer my questions. I said "well who puts this promotion together" and she said "our marketing team" so i sarcastically said "ah ha, so you do know something. can you put me in touch with a specific person in that department?" and she flat out said no. so i told her there are many upset customers that waited up all night for this and no information was provided and they were unwilling to share information. could she perhaps help me in addressing my concern to get more information and she finally said to email [email protected] which as you all know, will be nothing more than a series of canned replies by CSRs making $10/hour and little to no interest in helping us get answers. At that point I gave up as I had the urge to do multiple face palms after she answered each of my questions with "I dont know"

You can start a petition on change.org as far as I know.

LiliV

Ugh, of course they wouldn't give any info, figures. I'm all for the letter idea, I'm not even mad about missing out, I'm just shocked to find out how infinitesimal the whole promotion really was. With all their amping it up I would expect more people to have gotten perks than miss out. With Mac people always miss out but I feel like the people who stalk as hard as people did for these usually get what's on their lists

Shars

I think that is what needs to be done. Nobody will take 7,000 angry FB, twitter or IG users seriously. But pen put to paper 'causes cuts!

Quote: Originally Posted by MandyVanHook

I really wish they would. I doubt they are going to decide to do that without a big push.
Me either!

Shars

Ugh, of course they wouldn't give any info, figures. I'm all for the letter idea, I'm not even mad about missing out, I'm just shocked to find out how infinitesimal the whole promotion really was. With all their amping it up I would expect more people to have gotten perks than miss out. With Mac people always miss out but I feel like the people who stalk as hard as people did for these usually get what's on their lists
Exactly! Exactly! Exactly! As crappy as MAC's launches are (and we all know how freaking crappy they are) once you get through, you get what you want almost all the time! Miss launch time and your goose is cooked. With these launches, you can be there refreshing the screen next to someone doing the same thing and they get the perk and you don't. To me, it would have been better if they just told us they were going to put our names in a hat and pull out those of us who would be given a chance to cash in points for the perks than to insult us and our time with their "extremely limited" stock.

brittbby

Wanted to pop my head in this thread, but it's a little terrifying in here
eeksign.gif

Sorry to all of you that weren't able to get a reward. The quantities were definitely limited.

I was able to snag the one I really wanted (not sure I should share that or not... but Spectra is usually supportive...)

Sorry again guys.

treasuremymac

I think that is what needs to be done. Nobody will take 7,000 angry FB, twitter or IG users seriously. But pen put to paper 'causes cuts!

Me either!
I totally agree with you @Shars

Companies dont change because customers complain. They change when customers boycott their company and stop buying. Thats when they feel the pain. From financial losses. I guarantee that if all the people that have been waiting since last night for this release add up how much they spend at Sephora within a year, it'll be in $100,000s if not more.

If all the pissed off customers stopped buying from Sephora because of this event they will take notice and hopefully change their business practices.

Not giving us an expected release time was their number one mistake. There's no excuse for a marketing team (their job is to promote products, events and share information) not to share the release time with the public.

Medgal07

eeksign.gif

Sorry to all of you that weren't able to get a reward. The quantities were definitely limited.

I was able to snag the one I really wanted (not sure I should share that or not... but Spectra is usually supportive...)

Sorry again guys.
Good for you Britt! Congrats to you--------and like you, I feel really bad for those who missed out but that's not your fault----all roads in that regard lead directly to Sephora!!!!

treasuremymac

The whole thing really is shady and deceitful. The fact that they pushed this 4x points before this to encourage customers to spend money and now they won't even admit what their quantities were.
It was intentional. I didnt even mess with the 4X points because I had my 2000 and knew what I wanted. Short of pissing myself at my desk, I have done everything I could have done to try and redeem the epic reward I wanted. I have been refreshing their damn website all day. For it to be released at some unknown time and with "limited quantities" is completely ridiculous.

Shars

I totally agree with you @Shars

Companies dont change because customers complain. They change when customers boycott their company and stop buying. Thats when they feel the pain. From financial losses. I guarantee that if all the people that have been waiting since last night for this release add up how much they spend at Sephora within a year, it'll be in $100,000s if not more.

If all the pissed off customers stopped buying from Sephora because of this event they will take notice and hopefully change their business practices.

Not giving us an expected release time was their number one mistake. There's no excuse for a marketing team (their job is to promote products, events and share information) not to share the release time with the public.
Thing is, they are assigned things for marketing. Brands provide them with the samples and the gift sets etc. A lot of that isn't really on Sephora. For example, those silly Sephora Favourites sets. While I love the concept because you get to try a whole set of products without committing to purchase, I feel like if they had a category of items that I could cash in points to purchase, I would even be happy. Unfortunately, they've set the bar so high with these Epic Rewards that for me to cash in 1,000 points for a Sephora Favourites set, it would have to be all fullsize items and more than just 5!

brittbby

Good for you Britt! Congrats to you--------and like you, I feel really bad for those who missed out but that's not your fault----all roads in that regard lead directly to Sephora!!!!
drinkup.gif
Cheer to that! I will definitely (if this thread is not so heated) share pictures when it arrives! Cannot wait to see some other people's pictures of items

brittbby

Yay! Girl don't be silly! I'm happy that the specktra ladies are some of the "chosen few" lol. Which one did you get? I'm living vicariously through everyone that got the Givenchy set!
Thing is, they are assigned things for marketing. Brands provide them with the samples and the gift sets etc. A lot of that isn't really on Sephora. For example, those silly Sephora Favourites sets. While I love the concept because you get to try a whole set of products without committing to purchase, I feel like if they had a category of items that I could cash in points to purchase, I would even be happy. Unfortunately, they've set the bar so high with these Epic Rewards that for me to cash in 1,000 points for a Sephora Favourites set, it would have to be all fullsize items and more than just 5!
I got the E&J set. I had my eye on it since I saw the rewards. I agree, the regular rewards should be much much better. I usually get excited for the 1000 point perks that they release with the full size MJ products, but I think the 500 point perks should be full sized items.

thebloomroom

eeksign.gif

Sorry again guys.
please do share!! no one is mad at others who got the awards-- congrats :) we are all mad @ sephora for sucking, as usual

BrittLuvsMakeup

Although I didn't participate in the Epic Rewards lottery as there was nothing in the points category that I qualified for that captured my interest, I think it's terrible that some people were able to check out with a reward, but once they checked their order status, it was not included in the order. To me, that's really shady. After hearing about their last debacle with a similar event earlier this year, I didn't have higher expectations for this event, however, I think that people who were able to complete their order with the reward should have definitely got one. Also, the fact they refuse to provide any information to customers who are calling and inquiring about reward quantities and the release time for an event that is completed is absolutely absurd and shows a lack of transparency and care for the customers. That's just unacceptable.