All Things Sephora

montREALady

And here it is:
"We are truly sorry you were unable to add one of the Epic Rewards to your order. Unfortunately, the epic rewards are now sold out, however, we went ahead and added 1,000 points to your Beauty Bank as an apology. These points never expire and can be redeemed both online and in stores. We appreciate your understanding and please stay tuned for future special points promotions! Regards, Zanna Sephora Facebook Team"

And my points are there. Thanks! LOL. Now if this could convert to cash I'd be happier.

How hard is it for them to make some more Becca ones or just ship out the items separately to people? Or why can't they give people e-gift cards instead for their eff-ups? I got that from Footlocker once. Hahaha, I crack myself up, why would Sephora do that?
rofl.gif

Edit with my response to her (FB messenger btw):
"I appreciate the points but I'm still disappointed as it was in my cart and the sephora website is archaic. Who would want to participate in another promo to go through this experience again? I know it's your job, not your fault and you have to say this, but it's ridiculous. Thanks for responding though."
lol.gif

boschicka

This is the type of girl who can't wing her eyeliner the right way, therefore, makeup is "trivial". I see you gurl!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! And honestly, if you're too good for makeup, get off the Sephora FB page. Above others posting, but here she is posting a novella.

boschicka

And here it is:
"We are truly sorry you were unable to add one of the Epic Rewards to your order. Unfortunately, the epic rewards are now sold out, however, we went ahead and added 1,000 points to your Beauty Bank as an apology. These points never expire and can be redeemed both online and in stores. We appreciate your understanding and please stay tuned for future special points promotions! Regards, Zanna Sephora Facebook Team"

And my points are there. Thanks! LOL. Now if this could convert to cash I'd be happier.

How hard is it for them to make some more Becca ones or just ship out the items separately to people? Or why can't they give people e-gift cards instead for their eff-ups? I got that from Footlocker once. Hahaha, I crack myself up, why would Sephora do that?
rofl.gif
And to only give them to people who contact them?

brittbby

Just out of curiosity, what would you all say would have been a fair amount of rewards. 6 Million rewards is out of the question, so what would have been fair?

Let's guess there were:
40 of each 1,000 point reward and 8 options= 320 rewards ($48,000 roughly based on the $150 value).
5 of the 2,000 rewards and 8 options (honestly have no idea how many...avg reward $320)= 40 rewards ($12,800)
2 of the 5,000 rewards (because I've seen about 2 of each so far.... avg reward worth $800), 7 options= 14 rewards ($11,200)
1 of each 10000 point perk (just a guess, lets say avg $2500)= 8 options ($20,000).

Total of 382 rewards valuing $92k.

I'm guessing they probably actually did 100K in rewards.

My degree is in business so these kind of topics intrigue me. It's interesting to look at it from both perspectives. I do feel slightly bad for Sephora because I don't think there is anyway for them to win, even if they had spent 1mil on awards, each totaling $150 that would have only been like 6500 rewards. That's .1% of their Facebook fans....either way, there is going to be a large percentage of people left out.

I think the solution for Sephora would be to offer full size products as rewards instead of little samples. My fear would be that the point redemption would have to be larger. Ulta will give you $30 off for $750 points, so 750 points would most likely be where you would start seeing full size products.

Sorry for the overkill, clearly I have too much time on my hands at the moment.

edit: Obviously they don't pay full retail, but let's go off estimated value ;)

Medgal07

For those who use eBates, do pending purchases usually show up right away? I signed up and made a purchase through the link two days ago but for some reason the transaction isn't showing up in my history. There's a hold on my credit card but my order hasn't shipped so I'm guessing I haven't actually been charged yet. Will it only show up after the transaction goes through?
I've found that it can vary between merchants----some are immediate while others show up after payment is secured and/or when the item ships.

boschicka

And to only give them to people who contact them?
Well heck, in this world, if you're pissed that's what you do. If you don't want to, you lose out or your issue doesn't get rectified.
th_dunno.gif

I get what you're saying though.
I'm just saying it's another bad policy. They know the world is mad, but they're only going to "rectify" it if you harass them. Personally, I don't need more useless points. I simply think it's strange they aren't doing more damage control across the board.

Medgal07

I tried my luck at getting the epic rewards. It truly was an epic fail. One minute it wasn't there and when I refreshed the page they were gone. I felt like I had been punked!
ssad.gif

Totally sucks
th_cheerup.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by YarahFlower

Sorry for my tardiness girl, I was making z palettes and depotting a lot of makeup yesterday!
yahoo.gif

Girl,
lol.gif
I had a good laugh with my sister over my missing points. They were wrong for that, but hey look at their track record!
ohboy.gif

I'm not mad at Sephora one bit. They have showed me their dirty hands on numerous occasions, so I know what is to be expected from them. Once we have knowledge of anything, we are responsible for our actions, feelings and thoughts from then on out. It's like staying with a guy after he has cheated a million times. At some point, the blame is not on him anymore because his hands have been shown and his behavior has been accepted each time. Same with Sephora. They are proven
censored.gif
And knowing that, I can't be mad. Honestly, the only One I trust and depend on is my Creator!
heart.gif
Everything else is suspect! I'll still shop with them, but only for the sales and things I can't find or is hard to get elsewhere.
That's right----only where it benefits you the most!!! How is your eye, BTW????????

LiliV

Just out of curiosity, what would you all say would have been a fair amount of rewards. 6 Million rewards is out of the question, so what would have been fair? Let's guess there were: 40 of each 1,000 point reward and 8 options= 320 rewards ($48,000 roughly based on the $150 value). 5 of the 2,000 rewards and 8 options (honestly have no idea how many...avg reward $320)= 40 rewards ($12,800) 2 of the 5,000 rewards (because I've seen about 2 of each so far.... avg reward worth $800), 7 options= 14 rewards ($11,200) 1 of each 10000 point perk (just a guess, lets say avg $2500)= 8 options ($20,000). Total of 382 rewards valuing $92k. I'm guessing they probably actually did 100K in rewards. My degree is in business so these kind of topics intrigue me. It's interesting to look at it from both perspectives. I do feel slightly bad for Sephora because I don't think there is anyway for them to win, even if they had spent 1mil on awards, each totaling $150 that would have only been like 6500 rewards. That's 1% of their Facebook fans....either way, there is going to be a large percentage of people left out. I think the solution for Sephora would be to offer full size products as rewards instead of little samples. My fear would be that the point redemption would have to be larger. Ulta will give you $30 off for $750 points, so 750 points would most likely be where you would start seeing full size products.  Sorry for the overkill, clearly I have too much time on my hands at the moment.  edit: Obviously they don't pay full retail, but let's go off estimated value ;)
I mentioned this a few pages back, bc I find it fascinating too! For me personally, when I think "extremely limited" I don't necessarily think a generally very small amount, I think about it in terms of how many customers they have instead. So my figures for "extremely limited" would mean like 5,000 of the 1K + 2K value perks, 1000 of the 5K and 1-2 trips. That to me is "extremely limited" considering how big their fan base is. I could care less how much it would cost them to do that, they talked it up, they should put out! Lol overall I just thought that while they would go fast, anyone stalking would be able to most likely get what they wanted. I figured people who couldn't stalk would definitely miss out, and that the rewards would last like an hour. So whatever amount of product would satisfy that timeframe

Medgal07

Oooh, this chick went there. I'm not even going to read the comments:

[h=5][/h] "Gabriela HenaoSephora
1 hr ·

I just wanna thank Sephora for the comedy gold this whole thing has been, grown women throwing tantrums, threatening to never shop at sephora again, calling for sephora executives to be fired (lol), acting like this whole thing has ruined their lives... all this over makeup. I've literally laughed out loud over some of these comments and I can't believe they're coming from adult women. To all of you throwing these internet tantrums, I just wanna say I think it's time to reevaluate your life and your priorities. Sitting in front of computer hitting "refresh" for an entire night and day getting no sleep, is something only a mentally ill person would do. And those of you calling for the heads of marketing executives and the like (again lol), please realize that it's not going to happen, no one is going to be fired cause a stay at home mom obsessed with makeup wants "rewards justice". These execs know what they were doing and they'll do it again and again, and you women will threaten again and again to boycott them, only to find yourself shopping there again in a few weeks, hoarding more makeup.
A word of advice, look at yourself and think "will this matter a year from now?" No it won't. Cause it's makeup. That wasn't "free". Because you've already spent over 5k in makeup. You gals also need a basic course in math because if you actually went and bought more stuff you didn't need in the weeks leading to the event to try and get 2x or 3x the points, then I'm sorry to say you are an idiot.
Take a step back, log off, turn off your computer, leave your phone at home and go for a walk, go get yourself a cup of coffee and stop writing senseless stuff on this and all other social media, your crazy is showing."

lmao.gif
Penned by a Sephora executive!!!!

Vineetha

Just out of curiosity, what would you all say would have been a fair amount of rewards. 6 Million rewards is out of the question, so what would have been fair? Let's guess there were: 40 of each 1,000 point reward and 8 options= 320 rewards ($48,000 roughly based on the $150 value). 5 of the 2,000 rewards and 8 options (honestly have no idea how many...avg reward $320)= 40 rewards ($12,800) 2 of the 5,000 rewards (because I've seen about 2 of each so far.... avg reward worth $800), 7 options= 14 rewards ($11,200) 1 of each 10000 point perk (just a guess, lets say avg $2500)= 8 options ($20,000). Total of 382 rewards valuing $92k. I'm guessing they probably actually did 100K in rewards. My degree is in business so these kind of topics intrigue me. It's interesting to look at it from both perspectives. I do feel slightly bad for Sephora because I don't think there is anyway for them to win, even if they had spent 1mil on awards, each totaling $150 that would have only been like 6500 rewards. That's 1% of their Facebook fans....either way, there is going to be a large percentage of people left out. I think the solution for Sephora would be to offer full size products as rewards instead of little samples. My fear would be that the point redemption would have to be larger. Ulta will give you $30 off for $750 points, so 750 points would most likely be where you would start seeing full size products.  Sorry for the overkill, clearly I have too much time on my hands at the moment.  edit: Obviously they don't pay full retail, but let's go off estimated value ;)
To be honest I think sephora partners up with the respective brands marketing for rewards like this!! Other than that the set from sephora most of the rewards are brand sponsored !! I don't think it's causing a financial Liability on sephora or the participating brands since it should all come from Their marketing budgets!! Kind of similar to how brands send out a ton of PR samples to bloggers and ither social media!! And when a brand is advertising and going for something like this, I believe there should be proportion!! Or they should advertise as such! Like one lucky person will be able to grab the 10000 point perk or 5 will get the so and so one!! They shouldn't give an illusion that atleast a percent of their customers will be benefitted!!

brittbby

I mentioned this a few pages back, bc I find it fascinating too! For me personally, when I think "extremely limited" I don't necessarily think a generally very small amount, I think about it in terms of how many customers they have instead. So my figures for "extremely limited" would mean like 5,000 of the 1K + 2K value perks, 1000 of the 5K and 1-2 trips. That to me is "extremely limited" considering how big their fan base is. I could care less how much it would cost them to do that, they talked it up, they should put out! Lol overall I just thought that while they would go fast, anyone stalking would be able to most likely get what they wanted. I figured people who couldn't stalk would definitely miss out, and that the rewards would last like an hour. So whatever amount of product would satisfy that timeframe
Interesting! 5,000 of the 1,000 and 2,000 point perks is already 2.35 million dollars. That barely hitting .2% of their Facebook fans. That doesn't stand a chance to last an hour. From a consumer standpoint, it seems like you would have like them to maybe put up 10 mil worth of prizes.

brittbby

To be honest I think sephora partners up with the respective brands marketing for rewards like this!! Other than that the set from sephora most of the rewards are brand sponsored !! I don't think it's causing a financial Liability on sephora or the participating brands since it should all come from Their marketing budgets!! Kind of similar to how brands send out a ton of PR samples to bloggers and ither social media!! And when a brand is advertising and going for something like this, I believe there should be proportion!! Or they should advertise as such! Like one lucky person will be able to grab the 10000 point perk or 5 will get the so and so one!! They shouldn't give an illusion that atleast a percent of their customers will be benefitted!!
Of course, much of this comes from their stock and is sponsored. I agree that they should give out the number of prizes and at least set a better expectation. But really what brand is going to sponsor 10 million dollars worth of product? It still wouldn't be enough to cover the number of people that shop at Sephora.

Latest posts