All Things Sephora

elegant-one

Me too Monsy! What a hoot! So typical.

I like my blush, the way I like my men----dry and powdery----said NO ONE EVER!!!!!
th_roll1.gif
lol.gif

Vineetha

Of course, much of this comes from their stock and is sponsored. I agree that they should give out the number of prizes and at least set a better expectation. But really what brand is going to sponsor 10 million dollars worth of product? It still wouldn't be enough to cover the number of people that shop at Sephora. [/b
Sure advertise as such!! Set expectations!! They truly did take advantage of the epic rewards by the 4X points event and benefitted most out of it ! That's the only reason they wouldn't set the right expectation or the number of rewards up for grabs!! They did want customers to participate!! While I think epic rewards with the correct expectations annually is still a good idea I think they can do a lot more in terms of little perks for customers without having to shell out millions!! The deluxe packages, gift sets and such that they alternate between sets and gwp are again good profit for them as I do not think brands charge sephora anything on the deluxe samples!!

mimi0701

She called people mentally ill for staying up all night and refreshing their computers
shockt.gif
Why does she care so much anyway? Yep I stalk and wear out the refresh button on launch days. So what? I've also stood in line with my kids for everything from Harry Potter to video games. There's something in this world for everybody. Calling people names is just wrong.

montREALady

I'm just saying it's another bad policy.  They know the world is mad, but they're only going to "rectify" it if you harass them.  Personally, I don't need more useless points.  I simply think it's strange they aren't doing more damage control across the board.
For sure. And you don't even have to harass! Just comment on someone's FB post about your experience which is what I did. They jumped in with a reply to pm them. Lol! They're just giving out points for us NOT to be able to use! Yeah but they won't willingly give up their precious points to people who aren't pissed and contacting them. That's wasteful :lol: I feel that's not just them unfortunately. I wonder if they gave me the equivalent of the reward I wanted?

poodle649

And here it is: "[COLOR=373E4D]We are truly sorry you were unable to add one of the Epic Rewards to your order. Unfortunately, the epic rewards are now sold out, however, we went ahead and added 1,000 points to your Beauty Bank as an apology. These points never expire and can be redeemed both online and in stores. We appreciate your understanding and please stay tuned for future special points promotions! Regards, Zanna Sephora Facebook Team"[/COLOR] And my points are there. Thanks! LOL. Now if this could convert to cash I'd be happier. [COLOR=373E4D]How hard is it for them to make some more Becca ones or just ship out the items separately to people? Or w[/COLOR]hy can't they give people e-gift cards instead for their eff-ups? I got that from Footlocker once. [COLOR=373E4D]Hahaha, I crack myself up, why would Sephora do that?[/COLOR] :rofl:   Edit with my response to her (FB messenger btw): "I appreciate the points but I'm still disappointed as it was in my cart and the sephora website is archaic. Who would want to participate in another promo to go through this experience again? I know it's your job, not your fault and you have to say this, but it's ridiculous. Thanks for responding though." :lol:
Makes me want to complain. Give me more points to get samples with! Since obviously that's all I can really use them for...

LiliV

Interesting! 5,000 of the 1,000 and 2,000 point perks is already 2.35 million dollars. That barely hitting .2% of their Facebook fans. That doesn't stand a chance to last an hour. From a consumer standpoint, it seems like you would have like them to maybe put up 10 mil worth of prizes.
That's exactly the problem, even such a huge amount of money from them wouldn't begin to cover their customers. I think they should do away w the whole points system entirely. Or offer a selection of epic rewards each month in place of the birthday gift, like you could attempt to redeem your points during your birthday month only (but they still better have way more than 40 of each, that's staggeringly low to me) I also really like the idea of the Ulta method where points converts to money off a purchase, even if it isn't dollar for dollar. The points as they stand are totally useless right now, I'm going to have mine for the rest of my life lol sorry Sephora, I'm never using them on your 1-250 pointers! And I think they should have been realistic about people's chances w the rewards. If I knew even with stalking it wouldn't happen I wouldn't have tried, it's not worth the effort lol

brittbby

Sure advertise as such!! Set expectations!! They truly did take advantage of the epic rewards by the 4X points event and benefitted most out of it ! That's the only reason they wouldn't set the right expectation or the number of rewards up for grabs!! They did want customers to participate!! While I think epic rewards with the correct expectations annually is still a good idea I think they can do a lot more in terms of little perks for customers without having to shell out millions!! The deluxe packages, gift sets and such that they alternate between sets and gwp are again good profit for them as I do not think brands charge sephora anything on the deluxe samples!!
Agreed, they should have but the number of rewards out in the open. They did say limited quantities and with the values of each reward out there, they probably assumed people would understand what they meant by limited. Maybe the conclusion here is that the average consumer may have higher expectations, maybe even unrealistic expectations, so its a brands responsibility to set those expectations. People seem to really like Ulta's reward system so they should probably take notes. I personally am not a huge fan of Ulta so I am not as familiar with their rewards. Great points! I like educated discussions :)

brittbby

That's exactly the problem, even such a huge amount of money from them wouldn't begin to cover their customers. I think they should do away w the whole points system entirely. Or offer a selection of epic rewards each month in place of the birthday gift, like you could attempt to redeem your points during your birthday month only. I also really like the idea of the Ulta method where points converts to money off a purchase, even if it isn't dollar for dollar. The points as they stand are totally useless right now, I'm going to have mine for the rest of my life lol sorry Sephora, I'm never using them on your 1-250 pointers! And I think they should have been realistic about people's chances w the rewards. If I knew even with stalking it wouldn't happen I wouldn't have tried, it's not worth the effort lol
Good point! Personally, I think they should offer more 1,000 point perks, like a new one every month. I've gotten a full size MJ lipstick and lipgloss and I felt like I got my money's worth.

elegant-one

Why does she care so much anyway? Yep I stalk and wear out the refresh button on launch days. So what? I've also stood in line with my kids for everything from Harry Potter to video games. There's something in this world for everybody. Calling people names is just wrong.
Yes! I'm old *cough* now & our son is 35 but I remember being at the stores when they opened, driving over an hour just to get the newest Star Wars figure, Ninja Turtle, Transformer etc.! - it was FUN!!!!!!!!
lol.gif
That person can call us mentally ill
lolz.gif
but our son has loving lasting memories of involved parents
love.gif

LiliV

Good point! Personally, I think they should offer more 1,000 point perks, like a new one every month. I've gotten a full size MJ lipstick and lipgloss and I felt like I got my money's worth.
I would be totally fine with it even if they did just 1 offering of a 1000 point reward per month. That way you could choose to redeem or pass, and if you didn't like the brand that month or weren't interested anyway it wouldn't feel like such a rush and loss

montREALady

There are people like that in every forum, shit-disturbers. They're probably lonely irl so they say things on the internet to get people all worked up. Oh, and what a good Mommy you are!
friends.gif

LiliV

I will still be shopping the VIB 20% off sale in the fall.  I'm a sucker for a discount on high end brands!
Same, I'm not anti-Sephora at all (I love the brands they carry) but I'm so over their silly points and I'm definitely done w the epic rewards attempts for good! Lol

mel33t

Yeah, I went to HP book releases at midnight. Dressed up. And I've seen all of the LOTR movies they night they were released. But that just makes me (and us) that much more unique and cooler IMO

Vineetha

I will still be shopping the VIB 20% off sale in the fall.  I'm a sucker for a discount on high end brands!
:haha: yes I don't think I can follow up with any boycotts!! I just know now to set the expectation low and redeem all those mini mascara and fragrance samples :rofl: !!

poodle649

:haha: yes I don't think I can follow up with any boycotts!! I just know now to set the expectation low and redeem all those mini mascara and fragrance samples :rofl: !!
Second! I'm just happy I'm getting something for free. And the mini sizes give me a way to try something I would not necessarily go spend money on. Sometimes I find things I really like!

montREALady

Makes me want to complain. Give me more points to get samples with! Since obviously that's all I can really use them for...
May as well. That's why some people have so many points. Between Sephora trying to fix probs by dishing them out and people hoarding because none of the regular perks interest them...

Vineetha

And I am paying for the stalking day yesterday at work lol!! Also I missed the etsy listing of one of the shops I follow!! I wanted one of the pendant chain so bad :lol: I think I was more bummed about that lol'n

Latest posts