All Things Sephora

MsGlossy

girlhaha.gif
& the .20 ebates!

You should use the eye mask, then return it to Sephora & tell them it did something to your eyes because you couldn't see their epic rewards.
LMAO!!! I cackled...REALLY loudly.
lmao.gif

Medgal07

I got my YSL blur primer sample today and I can't wait to give it a go tomorrow. Ladies who love this, how do I apply it correctly to see if it really works for me? Should I use a moisturizer first? Also, I got a Bite Beauty lip duo that I always stare at when I'm in the store and I really like it!
I don't like using a cream under it---it feels like I have too much product on my face, but what I recently tried and love is spritzing a little Tatcha on first, let it dry and then the primer. A little of the
primer really does go a long way.

thmbup.gif
​To the Bite Lip Duo & really liking it!!!

purplerinne

My order shipped and will be here tomorrow. they shipped next day air. And Ups send me an email.
lucky! my email said flash 2 day but when I clicked in the link for the ups site it says estimated august 18. 5 business days left....what the hell lol

starletta8

I finally wrote up my thoughts and sent them off via email and posted them on Sephora's site. I know I wasted my time. But at least I said all I wanted to say. Bottom line- it's about the lack of value for long-term customers (point multiplier makes loyal customers less likely to actually get the rewards they wanted with a larger pool of people competing) and the lack of opportunity to redeem, despite being on the site on 2 platforms and refreshing at the actual time.

I've already scaled back my spending; it'll be interesting to see how much more it decreases.

Prettypackages

I'm afraid to get caught up in this thread. I'm assuming the rewards thing was a complete cluster. I happened to be up that AM at 3 am. couldn't sleep.

MsGlossy

Really? I didn't see it. All I saw was the "Beauty is Fleeting, Epic Rewards are Gone, come check out our crap 100 pt and 250 pt perks" banner. Yeah, total letdown.
It popped up on the site last night and was there all day for me. I swear I'm not making this up. LOL

Prettypackages

You're actually supposed to put it under concealer, it acts as a "backlight" for it...
I thought you were supposed to mix them. LOL

Ok, so I got the gist of teh Sephora rewards. I happened to be up all night b/c of some bad news, but slept on/off all day. But I did happen to log on in the afternoon, I wish I remember the time, and everything was gone. But looking at the timeline it went in seconds. That is ridiculous. They need to call it a lottery/contest. Btwn this and a recent incident at a store where the MUA kept calling me dark. I can leave them. Take your points and give me more %off days. Or cash...
I'm just about done with MAC too, I had to have a conversation with a manager, I'm sure I now have notes on my account.

Medgal07

I'm sorry to hear this. I know how much you love their foundation.
I thought you were supposed to mix them. LOL

Ok, so I got the gist of teh Sephora rewards. I happened to be up all night b/c of some bad news, but slept on/off all day. But I did happen to log on in the afternoon, I wish I remember the time, and everything was gone. But looking at the timeline it went in seconds. That is ridiculous. They need to call it a lottery/contest. Btwn this and a recent incident at a store where the MUA kept calling me dark. I can leave them. Take your points and give me more %off days. Or cash...
I'm just about done with MAC too, I had to have a conversation with a manager, I'm sure I now have notes on my account.
​Sorry you got unpleasant news, Pretty. I hope things work out.

Oh no----not notes!!!!
girlhaha.gif
​There are too many cosmetics companies for anyone to settle for poor service &
product issues.
ohboy.gif

Yazmin

I sent Sephora an email, ending it with "Throwing measly points at the situation isn't going to cut it in this case." Interested to see how they will respond.

pandorablack

Can you do this online, or just in store? I've never really shopped at Nordstrom cause my closest one is an hour away, but if I could get these deals online I so will!
Well, the full size product and other free gifts were for the anniversary sale, and they were in-store only.

But Nordstrom does have a rewards program for people who have their debit card. You get a Nordstrom Note (I think that's money off your next purchase) for spending a certain amount of money.

Prettypackages

Oooh, this chick went there. I'm not even going to read the comments:

[h=5][/h] "Gabriela HenaoSephora
1 hr ·

I just wanna thank Sephora for the comedy gold this whole thing has been, grown women throwing tantrums, threatening to never shop at sephora again, calling for sephora executives to be fired (lol), acting like this whole thing has ruined their lives... all this over makeup. I've literally laughed out loud over some of these comments and I can't believe they're coming from adult women. To all of you throwing these internet tantrums, I just wanna say I think it's time to reevaluate your life and your priorities. Sitting in front of computer hitting "refresh" for an entire night and day getting no sleep, is something only a mentally ill person would do. And those of you calling for the heads of marketing executives and the like (again lol), please realize that it's not going to happen, no one is going to be fired cause a stay at home mom obsessed with makeup wants "rewards justice". These execs know what they were doing and they'll do it again and again, and you women will threaten again and again to boycott them, only to find yourself shopping there again in a few weeks, hoarding more makeup.
A word of advice, look at yourself and think "will this matter a year from now?" No it won't. Cause it's makeup. That wasn't "free". Because you've already spent over 5k in makeup. You gals also need a basic course in math because if you actually went and bought more stuff you didn't need in the weeks leading to the event to try and get 2x or 3x the points, then I'm sorry to say you are an idiot.
Take a step back, log off, turn off your computer, leave your phone at home and go for a walk, go get yourself a cup of coffee and stop writing senseless stuff on this and all other social media, your crazy is showing."

She has a few points, a year from now it won't matter, and those who threaten to boycott will be back. Everything else is just wrong. Mentally Ill? And she mentioned SAHM as an insult. I agree that people won't get fired except for the low level employees who got the epic rewards, but I do think they need to evaluate their plan. It doesn't hurt for everyone to email/write/ create a petition to get their attention.

I personally wasn't pressed. LIke I said, I got bad news on Sunday, but prior to that, once I looked at the value of the rewards, I decided I could buy what I wanted before trying to rack up points, or wishing I had points to use. I've been feeling that way lately about their 100 and 500 poinit perks as well. THey aren't worth it.

Medgal07

Well, the full size product and other free gifts were for the anniversary sale, and they were in-store only.

But Nordstrom does have a rewards program for people who have their debit card. You get a Nordstrom Note (I think that's money off your next purchase) for spending a certain amount of money.
The Nordies Rewards Program applies to Nordstrom credit or debit cardholders. Nordstrom notes are dollar equivalents related to your expenditures using either a
Nordies Debit/Credit card. The entire program is explained in greater detail on the web site. Just search, 'Reward Programs.'

Latest posts