All Things Sephora

pandorablack

I assumed it was a set amount because the sale associate told me I was halfway to a Nordstrom Note. Whatever that means.

Either way, Nordstrom people are better trained than Sephora's people, I actually *like* shopping at their store (I hate going to the actual Sephora in store, it's always such a zoo). And you get free (albeit, slow) shipping on any size order and they will take anything back anytime for any reason, unlike Sephora who got all pissy with me when I did my last returns.

And like Sephora has screwed it's loyal customers a lot in recent times. Anyone remember last year's VIB sale? Eeek.

BrittLuvsMakeup

Sephora posted an apology yesterday on the Beauty Talk forum:

[h=1]A MESSAGE TO OUR CLIENTS ABOUT EPIC REWARDS[/h]

sephoraadmin2
/HOSTESS
Badges_admin.png
/11h ago

Sephora is committed to offering our valued Beauty Insiders exceptional rewards to thank them for their loyalty and for being part of our community. Yesterday we held an Epic Rewards promotion, and while we have held similar promotions in the past, yesterday’s promotion was the largest number of Epic Rewards we have made available to date.

Despite our best efforts to predict the response, demand was overwhelming, resulting in our being out of stock very quickly. We deeply regret this and apologize to our Beauty Insider clients who did not get a chance to participate.

At Sephora our first and foremost priority is to give our clients an exciting and fulfilling shopping experience. Those Beauty Insiders who were unable to get one of our limited quantity Epic Rewards, please email us by Tuesday, August 25, 2015, to epicrewards@sephora.com and include your Beauty Insider account number or email address associated with your account.

Beyond that, please know that we are committed to learning from this experience. Thank you for your ongoing support. We greatly appreciate you.

Ajigglin

She has a few points, a year from now it won't matter, and those who threaten to boycott will be back.  Everything  else is just wrong.  Mentally Ill? And she mentioned SAHM as an insult.   I agree that people won't get fired except for the low level employees who got the epic rewards, but I do think they need to evaluate their plan.  It doesn't hurt for everyone to email/write/ create a petition to get their attention.  I personally wasn't pressed.  LIke I said, I got bad news on Sunday, but prior to that, once I looked at the value of the rewards, I decided I could buy what I wanted before trying to rack up points, or wishing I had points to use.  I've  been feeling that way lately about their 100 and 500 poinit perks as well.  THey aren't worth it.  
Pretty much. When real life is happening, it puts stuff like this in perspective. Sorry you recieved bad news. I hope whatever you're going through can come to a positive resolution soon.

montREALady

I'm sorry to hear this. I know how much you love their foundation.   I thought you were supposed to mix them. LOL  Ok, so I got the gist of teh Sephora rewards.  I happened to be up all night b/c of some bad news, but slept on/off all day. But I did happen to log on in the afternoon, I wish I remember the time, and everything was gone. But looking at the timeline it went in seconds.  That is ridiculous.  They need to call it a lottery/contest.  Btwn this and a recent incident at a store where the MUA kept calling me dark.  I can leave them.   Take your points and give me more %off days.  Or cash...  I'm just about done with MAC too, I had to have a conversation with a manager, I'm sure I now have notes on my account. 
LMAOOO! That's what the Becca rep did on me. I don't do it because I don't have time to mix and waste products, lol. But it should definitely be the corrector under the concealer and not on top. Can you imagine a woc walking around with that light colored corrector just exposed? :lol:

hitchcockblonde

Has anyone tried the Ciate makeup? They have a new collection/collaboration with Olivia Palermo coming out on Friday at Sephora. I love the packaging. I think want the eyeshadow palette.
9e913d54_image.jpeg

Medgal07

What new items are you ladies loving
Nothing that's sold at Sephora-----that has nothing to do with the fiasco---I wasn't even in that game. I've been ODing on highlighters and new Chanel items and waiting
to learn more about some Tom Ford stuff that's in the pipeline.

purplerinne

I think that will update at some point and you'll get it much sooner.
i checked again this morning. SAME info! i mean it's not like I paid for shipping but if ur going to put flash 2 day shipping on my email then at least let me have it in 2 days!!! lol

dash4

Anyone use Cover FX illuminating setting powder? I was thinking about trying that once I am finished with my Nars Crystal light reflecting powder..

I got my Becca Ombre Rouge palette and Anastasia Couture palette (from Ulta) - I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee them both.. I love the 1st Becca Ombre palette, but the second one is even better..

I have three orders from Sephora coming today -- ( Kat Von D Lock-It concealer, Kat Von D lovesick liquid lipstick, Kat Von D clearanced bronzer and Sephora gel lipgloss in babydoll )

I have accumulated
icon_eek.gif
4 of the YSL blur primer samples ( .33 fl oz ) -- which combined equals more product than a full size (1 oz)..
punk_.gif

hitchcockblonde

Ive only tried the cream HL & bronzer and was disappointed buut these look nice :cheer:
Hmm that's what I was worried about. Reviews at sephora seem mixed. I think I'll hold off on the blush/bronzer duo then and see if I can swatch in store. I think I'll order the eyeshadow palette straight away though.

Medgal07

Anyone use Cover FX illuminating setting powder? I was thinking about trying that once I am finished with my Nars Crystal light reflecting powder..

I got my Becca Ombre Rouge palette and Anastasia Couture palette (from Ulta) - I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee them both.. I love the 1st Becca Ombre palette, but the second one is even better..

I have three orders from Sephora coming today -- ( Kat Von D Lock-It concealer, Kat Von D lovesick liquid lipstick, Kat Von D clearanced bronzer and Sephora gel lipgloss in babydoll )

I have accumulated
icon_eek.gif
4 of the YSL blur primer samples ( .33 fl oz ) -- which combined equals more product than a full size (1 oz)..
punk_.gif
SCORE!!!!!!!!
clap.gif

MsGlossy

Well, the full size product and other free gifts were for the anniversary sale, and they were in-store only.

But Nordstrom does have a rewards program for people who have their debit card. You get a Nordstrom Note (I think that's money off your next purchase) for spending a certain amount of money.
I did all of my shopping for the Anniversary Sale online and over the phone. Should've known there were deals to be had in store. I did get 2 GWPs though. The coral and the pink bag with samples.The ladies in the Beauty Dept are usually nice and will generally throw something in when you make larger purchase.

shontay07108

I'm sorry to hear this. I know how much you love their foundation.   I thought you were supposed to mix them. LOL  Ok, so I got the gist of teh Sephora rewards.  I happened to be up all night b/c of some bad news, but slept on/off all day. But I did happen to log on in the afternoon, I wish I remember the time, and everything was gone. But looking at the timeline it went in seconds.  That is ridiculous.  They need to call it a lottery/contest.  Btwn this and a recent incident at a store where the MUA kept calling me dark.  I can leave them.   Take your points and give me more %off days.  Or cash...  I'm just about done with MAC too, I had to have a conversation with a manager, I'm sure I now have notes on my account. 
I hope everything's OK, buddy. I just went ahead and returned the MUFE foundations today. I know it contains irritants to my skin and I'm in enough problems with my skin right now anyway. In exchange I got the darkest UD brow pencil which, compared to the ABH brow wiz, seems a bit cooler, but I'll see. Also, I got 2 MUFE sculpting blushes. I have the orange one which is awesome, so why not? They actually had stock and I got this really pretty brown/mauvey color that'll look good with all those kinds of lipsticks I've hoarded. Problem is I also snatched up a pink one that looked great in store but it seems like a total bust now. It's hard and appears lighter on my hand. I was extra careful to make sure I got the right one so idk wtf is going on. I'm so annoyed that I'll probably have to take it back. :eek:hboy: Speaking of being annoyed: why is Sephora's lighting so bad? It's a makeup store so shouldn't the lighting make you look fabulous? I look weird in their mirror, but when I go anywhere else (even Mac like I did today), I look fabulous again. Do they want me to think I'm ugly so I can buy makeup to change that?

v0ltagekid

By giving more useless points?
That's what I wrote in my email to them.
In the past they have told me they would like to award me points but they can't because I have over 10k... so to contact them when I have less than 5k... seriously...
They better not offer me useless points.

Latest posts