All Things Sephora

Shars

Fun fact out of the new issue of Elle magazine:

A Nars Orgasm blush is sold every minute in the US.
icon_eek.gif
Are they counting single blushes? Because he puts that darn brush in every palette, kit, set, duo, etc. Basically every product lol

shontay07108

Fun fact out of the new issue of Elle magazine: A Nars Orgasm blush is sold every minute in the US. :shock:
That fact has been true for several years b/c I came across that back when I used to read those magazine. That was awhile ago. I swear I don't understand why that blush is so popular. :dunno:

Shars

That fact has been true for several years b/c I came across that back when I used to read those magazine. That was awhile ago. I swear I don't understand why that blush is so popular.
th_dunno.gif
It's the first blush any NARS artist is trained to get you to buy!

Shars

Yeah, I was pushed into buying it. It was one of my first blushes and I thought I was using it wrong b/c it looked like a whole lotta nothing.
It looks like nothing on me as well but my cheeks seem to absorb the rose in rose gold things and I just get straight up highlighter gold.
sigh.gif

shontay07108

It looks like nothing on me as well but my cheeks seem to absorb the rose in rose gold things and I just get straight up highlighter gold. :sigh:
I couldn't even see the big deal when fair ladies on youtube used it. I dunno, maybe it's the name. :D

Medgal07

It looks like nothing on me as well but my cheeks seem to absorb the rose in rose gold things and I just get straight up highlighter gold.
sigh.gif

Now I'm curious and feel like I need to at least try it soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108

I couldn't even see the big deal when fair ladies on youtube used it. I dunno, maybe it's the name.
greengrin.gif
Ya think?????
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

yahoo.gif
My Bite Spiced Apple arrives tomorrow-----thanks to you pushing me and EO's fabulous pics and swatches I'll have yet another awesome red lippie!
I hope it looks as good on me as it does on you!!!

Bronwyn

Nars orgasm was my first high end blush and first purchase from sephora( apart from a mini purple pencil eyeliner on a trip to the U.S. Years ago) It's defs a bit drier feeling now. I still like it but there are so many other blushes with superior textures and longer wear times.

Psych1

Blush shades & formulas have definitely evolved since Orgasm was the "it" blush. I never took to it, used it a few times & was really underwhelmed.

msvluvsmac

I ordered the Black Up Sublime Powder in 03. Everyone raves about it on YouTube. I may try some of their blushes and the concealer palette too.

Edit: I was thinking about getting the gold and the orange blushes. What do you think about the gold one (I'm NC50)?
girlhaha.gif
The new dilemna is: What do I get first? lol. I love their blushes. I have two of the older formula ones but may get a few more of these new ones.

Shars

I ordered the Black Up Sublime Powder in 03. Everyone raves about it on YouTube. I may try some of their blushes and the concealer palette too.

Edit: I was thinking about getting the gold and the orange blushes. What do you think about the gold one (I'm NC50)?
I know! I'm thinking of getting 03 in the Sublime Powder as well. Danielle from TS&BD uses 04 and she's around NW47. By gold blush, do you mean the 08 one? I didn't like it in Danielle's swatches. It was a strange shade of gold. I like white a lot of the others though (01, 02, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10 (or 11)). I'll see if I can pop by the counter at lunch and swatch 'em.

ETA: two of TS&BD links: http://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor.com/2013/11/black-up-new-blush-swatches-and-review/
http://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor.com/2013/11/black-up-new-blush-swatches-and-review-2/

Latest posts