All Things Sephora

YarahFlower

Thank you so much! I know, the holiday stuff rolled out so soon & they're coming in back to back! And it's just starting! It's exciting but overwhelming too, esp bc I'm loving most of it this year.
You're welcome :heart: They are giving us NO breaks with how things are flowing out! (I kinda like the rush I'm getting from all of the new things coming out, makes me feel alive!!!!!!) :lmao: only my specktra ladies understand this feeling, my friends and family think I'm nuts! I'm looking forward to Guerlain, Chanel, two MAC collections and some others I can't remember at the moment (possibly because there's too much stuff coming out) :shock:

TwiggyPop

Oh! I am sorry - life can be tough.. glad you are in a better place now.  I bet getting your wallet back - made things a lot better! Plus the fact that someone sent it back probably restored your faith in humanity. That would be great - if you get a chance.. Thanks! I usually like Too Faced shadows too!  And I saw Tarababyz review on the new Sephora Too Faced palette/kit.. She does not seem impressed with that one either.. and her swatches are definitely lackluster.  I hope that isn't a new trend for Too Faced, because I normally love their eyeshadows / palettes..  It depends what is limited edition stuff is still available.. lol.
I hate that Too Faced has been really hit or miss, it seems like some palettes are great and some seem like they just wanted to get product out. That's not the way to make loyal customers, I'm holding off until I have plenty of time to play around with them. It's sad because the one with the 3 separate palettes looks nice.
Ok, so I got my Tarte "Light of the Party" palette/kit, and I'm not really impressed.  I would give it a score of "B" at most.  The top two rows of eyeshadows really aren't great.  Some didn't even show up on my skin, even with a primer.  The only colors which did super well were the third row down, and the last row did sort of okay.  The mattes were really chalky, and only the shimmery shades gave a good amount of pigment.  The mini palette within the palette was the best, but I wouldn't keep this JUST for that.  I wasn't going to return it, but I will today and I think I'll get Naked 3 instead.  Here's a link of my swatches if anyone cares to look! http://imgur.com/a/byrE8
That was another one I wanted to check out. I got my sister into Tarte because of one of their palettes so I hope she's not rushing out to get one. The palette I have is so smooth and buttery, I love it! Too bad this new one isn't up to par, it would've been a great deal.
Someone asked about the new Clinique Pink Honey e/s palette. It's a nice, soft everyday palette.
That was me, thank you so much!!! I love those colors, but I would have to see it in person to know if I already have any dupes.
 Since you've been raving about that set.....I just ordered the cute little mini set to try!! I hope I love it as much as you do lol. I also got that nice size sample of  the Burberry Fresh Glow luminous fluid. AND I HAD TO ORDER A HAIR TIE to get it because the set was $24.50 :eek:hboy: :lol:  
I'm nervous about only using my Estée Lauder, but I want to see if the Olé Henrickson is what was working for me. I think you'll like it!

TwiggyPop

I had a pretty nice haul. Elf had a 50% off sale about a week ago so I ordered about 15 things from them. I only had a couple brushes from them so I'm a newbie to this brand and wanted to try everything. Haha. I also included the few things I got from Sephora and I finally got the ABH Contour Palette. I was going through Macy's on my way out of the mall and started looking through the Impulse Beauty section. The girls there were so nice, I couldn't leave without buying something. Haha. I wanted that palette anyway so I finally caved!
c4f63c70_image.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Though the packaging of the Viseart palettes are nothing to write home about, they perform phenomenally! They remind me of working with paint, being that they blend so well and you can mix the shades to make custom colors. A lot of different eyeshadow formulas can't do that so seamlessly and effortlessly
smiles.gif
Though expensive, it's SO worth it if you love eyeshadows!
smiles.gif
I used my Viseart palette today when I did my makeup for a baby shower today. They are really worth the money. I will be getting the matte dark palette during the holiday sales. Frends, Alcone or Sephora I'm going to get my hands on it.

YarahFlower

Thank you I used my Viseart palette today when I did my makeup for a baby shower today. They are really worth the money. I will be getting the matte dark palette during the holiday sales. Frends, Alcone or Sephora I'm going to get my hands on it.
You're welcome :) Did you use the neutral matte palette? I loooooooove that one!!!...I've been curious about ordering from frends beauty...how's there shipping? Have you ever had issues when ordering from them? They have two Viseart blushes that I NEED in my life!

DILLIGAF

Did you use the neutral matte palette? I loooooooove that one!!!...I've been curious about ordering from frends beauty...how's there shipping? Have you ever had issues when ordering from them? They have two Viseart blushes that I NEED in my life!
I had no issues ordering from Frends. If you create and account with them they will take 10% off your order.Every order. I got the neutral matte palette when they had their 20% off sale. It was totally worth it. The neutral matte palette reminds me of the neutral matte palette from Sonia Kashuk with even better quality.

Mayanas

[@]dash4[/@] [@]DILLIGAF[/@] [@]Mayanas[/@] here are the swatches of the Viseart dark mattes palette :) Indoor swatches:
01d08a26_20150919_102626.jpeg
Outdoor swatches:
0fce0e49_20150919_102049-1.jpeg
bdc35f9d_IMG_20150918_184633-1.jpeg
Thank you so much. I need this palette.
You need it girl! I'm tempted to get the editorial brights palette, but I know I wont use it often lol...but I'm tempted! Wish they would do a bright shimmer palette! I'd be all over that! :) Though the packaging of the Viseart palettes are nothing to write home about, they perform phenomenally! They remind me of working with paint, being that they blend so well and you can mix the shades to make custom colors. A lot of different eyeshadow formulas can't do that so seamlessly and effortlessly :) Though expensive, it's SO worth it if you love eyeshadows! :)

Psych1

You're welcome :heart: They are giving us NO breaks with how things are flowing out! (I kinda like the rush I'm getting from all of the new things coming out, makes me feel alive!!!!!!) :lmao: only my specktra ladies understand this feeling, my friends and family think I'm nuts! I'm looking forward to Guerlain, Chanel, two MAC collections and some others I can't remember at the moment (possibly because there's too much stuff coming out) :shock:
I'm honestly loving the rush too! It's so much fun & We still have so many other products & collections coming!! Never a dull moment, bc as soon as we hit send on an order, 10 other must haves pop up lol I'm seriously losing track of orders. Thank goodness we all understand each other on here, bc who else could relate to our wonderful makeup madness.

Yazmin

What's up with Sephora and their nail polish shipments? I finally got my order with Windsor Mews, Porchester Square and Mayfair Lane and Porchester Square arrived shattered and the product was all over the other two. I called customer service. They're sending me out the latter two free of charge, and crediting me for Windsor Mews since it's out of stock, plus I was given 100 points.

I'm going to see if I can salvage the Windsor Mews packaging.

laurennnxox

Does the UD palette have a lot of fallout?
I saw the KVD palette at my SiJCP and was able to swatch it... but just couldn't take the plunge! I'm just stepping into brights and colorful looks. I've always been such a neutral girl on the eyes. I always worry about colors clashing with my blue eyes. The quality was sooo nice but 1/3 of the colors I wouldn't use. Hence why I bought the Viseart Dark Mattes because they're colorful but also all shades I'd use!!!

Awww your husband is too funny! Thinking of you, and hope you feel better ASAP!!
heart.gif

I haven't used the UD palette yet, actually. I haven't worn makeup for the last two days but I'll be digging into it first thing tomorrow for work and I'll let you know! When I swatched on my arm it looked fine. I always anticipate a little fall out with UD but I use a tacky base and pat with my finger on the more chunky shades I have from the Naked palettes and I'm always fine. :)

dash4

Ok, so I got my Tarte "Light of the Party" palette/kit, and I'm not really impressed. I would give it a score of "B" at most. The top two rows of eyeshadows really aren't great. Some didn't even show up on my skin, even with a primer. The only colors which did super well were the third row down, and the last row did sort of okay. The mattes were really chalky, and only the shimmery shades gave a good amount of pigment. The mini palette within the palette was the best, but I wouldn't keep this JUST for that. I wasn't going to return it, but I will today and I think I'll get Naked 3 instead. Here's a link of my swatches if anyone cares to look!

http://imgur.com/a/byrE8
Oh no! It looks so pretty in the package too! But I have been reading some bad reviews.. thanks for the swatches - I will definitely pass.

Quote: Originally Posted by YarahFlower

@dash4 @DILLIGAF @Mayanas here are the swatches of the Viseart dark mattes palette
smiles.gif

Indoor swatches:

Outdoor swatches:

Wow! Now those are some beautiful swatches! That is how you make eyeshadow! I love the oranges!! Thank you so much for taking the time to take pictures!

KiKi Kontour

When is the next VIB sale???? I peeped viseart added more palettes (thank goodness)!! i got my neutral matte from last year which I LOOOOOVE and got the dark matte palette from Alcone online!! im happy to see the bright editorial one avail cuz the pigmentation n blendability on these palettes is amazeballs!!! i will say it's an instant OUCH to think of an $80 palette but it's worth it in my opinion and if u could only get ONE it should definitely be the neutral matte one! I'm hoping to chill during this next VIB sale soooo i only have becca 2 blushes: nightingale and lantana; viseart bridal satin and bright editorials in my cart
icon_eek.gif
i cant keep gettin a bunch of lip sets (even tho i did just get kvd lip set "accidentally") so please dnt tempt me with ur gorgeous swatches and recommendations....GET BACK SATAAAAAAN
nonono.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

When is the next VIB sale???? I peeped viseart added more palettes (thank goodness)!! i got my neutral matte from last year which I LOOOOOVE and got the dark matte palette from Alcone online!! im happy to see the bright editorial one avail cuz the pigmentation n blendability on these palettes is amazeballs!!! i will say it's an instant OUCH to think of an $80 palette but it's worth it in my opinion and if u could only get ONE it should definitely be the neutral matte one! I'm hoping to chill during this next VIB sale soooo i only have becca 2 blushes: nightingale and lantana; viseart bridal satin and bright editorials in my cart
icon_eek.gif
i cant keep gettin a bunch of lip sets (even tho i did just get kvd lip set "accidentally") so please dnt tempt me with ur gorgeous swatches and recommendations....GET BACK SATAAAAAAN
nonono.gif
November - It's typically 20% for VIB/VIBR.

dash4

So should I gethe the Viseart Neutral or Dark Matte? Or a Suratt brush with my $50
I guess it would depend on what you usually wear.. Do you tend to gravitate towards lighter eyeshadows or dark? I wear dramatic looks on the daily and wear darker colors, so that is why I am more interested in the dark matte palette. But if you wear a lot of light shades - the neutral might be better suited for you.

elegant-one

Someone had asked awhile back about the D&G np. I felt like the brush was a bit thick, & the first application was thin, but then I loved the shade after the second coat. The polish consistency is fine & so far the wear time is pretty good. In the photo, the polish has been on for 5 days.

D&G Drama

Dolly Snow

Someone had asked awhile back about the D&G np. I felt like the brush was a bit thick, & the first application was thin, but then I loved the shade after the second coat. The polish consistency is fine & so far the wear time is pretty good. In the photo, the polish has been on for 5 days.

D&G Drama

eyelove.gif

Vineetha

D&G Drama

Super pretty on you!!
bigheart.gif

Latest posts