All Things Sephora

shadowaddict

:wavey: Wow, that's a great deal! Thanks for letting me know. I've been ordering a lot from Dermstore which seems to always give me 20% off. Free shipping, but I do have to pay tax. So you like SkinMedica? I'm off to go check out that site :heart:

I order from Dermstore also. The 20% off usually excludes Drunk Elephant but when it does apply I order my DE. I'm in love with their T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial. The AHA/BHA combo is awesome. The ph levels are where they should be to be effective. The 2% salicylic acid unclogs the pores & the glycolic acid has really helped my skin's texture & radiance. I have an oily t-zone and large pores. This has been amazing at keeping my pores from getting congested & minimize their appearance. I've liked all the DE products I've tried but this is my favorite. I use it once or twice a week, sometimes once & a 2nd time just on my t-zone. The other days I use a 2% liquid salicylic acid to keep my pores in check.

I've tried a ton of different brands of 1.0 retinols. I feel the SkinMedica 1.0 has made the biggest difference in my skin. I just ordered my 4th one. It has really helped with fine lines & my skin overall. It goes on smoothly and sinks right in without feeling heavy, greasy, or leave a sticky type feel like some I've tried. I apply my moisturizer after. There are a lot of great products in the line & they are a bit pricey so that's where the 33% off comes into play. The Lytera 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum ($148) has different ingredients than the original Lytera Skin Brightening Complex ($130) that includes retinol. Since I use a separate retinol I thought I would try the new 2.0. They both have 2oz so the price doesn't seem too bad, especially with the discount.

Starting in my 30's as the years went up so did my skincare products. I'll be 55 in September so the past several years I've tried to do my homework on the best ingredients for my skin to stay healthy & radiant.

Vitamin C is a must for me. I go back and forth between the DE C-Firma and Paula's Choice 15% Vitamin C. They are both very good. The main difference I have found is the DE is a bit thicker & perhaps might be better for less oily skin. The C-Firma has never made me break out or seem greasy. I'll probably continue to flip flop.

elegant-one

I order from Dermstore also. The 20% off usually excludes Drunk Elephant but when it does apply I order my DE. I'm in love with their T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial. The AHA/BHA combo is awesome. The ph levels are where they should be to be effective. The 2% salicylic acid unclogs the pores & the glycolic acid has really helped my skin's texture & radiance. I have an oily t-zone and large pores. This has been amazing at keeping my pores from getting congested & minimize their appearance. I've liked all the DE products I've tried but this is my favorite. I use it once or twice a week, sometimes once & a 2nd time just on my t-zone. The other days I use a 2% liquid salicylic acid to keep my pores in check.

I've tried a ton of different brands of 1.0 retinols. I feel the SkinMedica 1.0 has made the biggest difference in my skin. I just ordered my 4th one. It has really helped with fine lines & my skin overall. It goes on smoothly and sinks right in without feeling heavy, greasy, or leave a sticky type feel like some I've tried. I apply my moisturizer after. There are a lot of great products in the line & they are a bit pricey so that's where the 33% off comes into play. The Lytera 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum ($148) has different ingredients than the original Lytera Skin Brightening Complex ($130) that includes retinol. Since I use a separate retinol I thought I would try the new 2.0. They both have 2oz so the price doesn't seem too bad, especially with the discount.

Starting in my 30's as the years went up so did my skincare products. I'll be 55 in September so the past several years I've tried to do my homework on the best ingredients for my skin to stay healthy & radiant.

Vitamin C is a must for me. I go back and forth between the DE C-Firma and Paula's Choice 15% Vitamin C. They are both very good. The main difference I have found is the DE is a bit thicker & perhaps might be better for less oily skin. The C-Firma has never made me break out or seem greasy. I'll probably continue to flip flop.

Thanks for all the great info! I've read really good reviews about the babyfacial. Yes, the older you get you try to keep everything from folding, drooping, creasing :doh::rofl:I just want healthy looking skin too! I wore that Lilah b. foundation today & I just love how it makes the skin look. Our Winthrop on here knows so much about good & bad ingredients in makeup & skincare. She's taught me a lot.

Winthrop44

Thanks for all the great info! I've read really good reviews about the babyfacial. Yes, the older you get you try to keep everything from folding, drooping, creasing
:doh::rofl:I just want healthy looking skin too! I wore that Lilah b. foundation today & I just love how it makes the skin look. Our Winthrop on here knows so much about good & bad ingredients in makeup & skincare. She's taught me a lot.

:eek:

I'm a DE fan too, but don't subscribe to their philosophy that skin is skin and anyone can use anything as long as they're not using their "suspicious 6". I've been avoiding their suspicious 6 plus many more personal triggers for over 20 years and C-Firma and the marula oil are still the only DE products my sensitive rosacea skin can tolerate. There are real skin disorders like rosacea that change the equation. But anyway, I DO like their overall approach in avoiding a list of common irritants that the overwhelming majority of skincare manufacturers love to include in everything. I recently started experimenting with NuFountain C20+ Ferulic and my fingers are crossed. Something I really love from Paula's Choice is her new Omega+ Complex Serum. I'm on my third bottle and have 4 backups! :DI also recently bought SkinMedica's retinol (at the lowest strength) and will be trying it in the fall. Glad to hear you love it so much! I like that it includes niacinamide, which is one thing my skin really loves and really helps to reduce my sensitivities. Have you ever bought anything from lovelyskin.com? They are also an authorized SkinMedica seller and have great sales. The do have a 3-item a year return rule (or something like that) so I only buy things I absolutely know my skin will like from them. How is skincarerx.com with returns for allergic/adverse reactions?

Back to Sephora I see I have another order that looks like it's hung up in oblivion.....
:banghead:

Last edited:

Haven

Sephora shipping has been terrible lately. Someone may have posted reasons why, but I missed it. I am home for a couple of days before I travel again, and I strategically placed an order to arrive when I am home. Some of the products were online only.

This order was not moving, so I had to call and bitch. I paid for one day shipping, and I am rouge. I really hate having to call and be so high maintenance. Plus I don't mind waiting a few extra days if needed, but this time I will literally be out of town in a few days.

Fortunately my order shipped the same day as my bitchy phone call, so I should get it before leaving.

elegant-one

Sephora shipping has been terrible lately. Someone may have posted reasons why, but I missed it. I am home for a couple of days before I travel again, and I strategically placed an order to arrive when I am home. Some of the products were online only.

This order was not moving, so I had to call and bitch. I paid for one day shipping, and I am rouge. I really hate having to call and be so high maintenance. Plus I don't mind waiting a few extra days if needed, but this time I will literally be out of town in a few days.

Fortunately my order shipped the same day as my bitchy phone call, so I should get it before leaving.

They deserved a high maintenance bitchy phone call this time :call::pissoff::rotfl::rofl::five:

Haven

They deserved a high maintenance bitchy phone call this time :call::pissoff::rotfl::rofl::five:

At first I tried playing nice. I asked about when the order might ship. I was advised to call back next Monday to check on it - yes next week. It will probably ship around then. Apparently excessive shipping issues right now. I said ok please cancel the order bc I will be out of town next week. I can just reorder at a later date. Then she said that cancellation cannot be guaranteed & probably won't happen bc order is too far along "in the process." So you won't ship the order but you won't cancel it either WTH?

Then the bitch came out LOL. The order shipped later that day.:rolleyes:

elegant-one

At first I tried playing nice. I asked about when the order might ship. I was advised to call back next Monday to check on it - yes next week. It will probably ship around then. Apparently excessive shipping issues right now. I said ok please cancel the order bc I will be out of town next week. I can just reorder at a later date. Then she said that cancellation cannot be guaranteed & probably won't happen bc order is too far along "in the process." So you won't ship the order but you won't cancel it either WTH?

Then the bitch came out LOL. The order shipped later that day.:rolleyes:

Geesh! I know the feeling :saythat::tee: LOL!!!!!!!! My point to them was, you have known for months that the warehouse is having issues of all kinds, so nope, no sympathy from me.

elegant-one

I did get my order of the new MUFE blushes in 204 & 208. They are so beautiful, natural on & SMOOTH to apply. They don't sit on top of the skin but rather give the skin a natural healthy color. I am really pleased with both. 208 - the English Pink blush is SUPER pretty on. It's a natural peachy pale rose pink. :cloud9::cloud9:
I don't think they wanted another call from me because this order came really really fast :rofl:

mollyv6

:eek:

I'm a DE fan too, but don't subscribe to their philosophy that skin is skin and anyone can use anything as long as they're not using their "suspicious 6". I've been avoiding their suspicious 6 plus many more personal triggers for over 20 years and C-Firma and the marula oil are still the only DE products my sensitive rosacea skin can tolerate. There are real skin disorders like rosacea that change the equation. But anyway, I DO like their overall approach in avoiding a list of common irritants that the overwhelming majority of skincare manufacturers love to include in everything. I recently started experimenting with NuFountain C20+ Ferulic and my fingers are crossed. Something I really love from Paula's Choice is her new Omega+ Complex Serum. I'm on my third bottle and have 4 backups! :DI also recently bought SkinMedica's retinol (at the lowest strength) and will be trying it in the fall. Glad to hear you love it so much! I like that it includes niacinamide, which is one thing my skin really loves and really helps to reduce my sensitivities. Have you ever bought anything from lovelyskin.com? They are also an authorized SkinMedica seller and have great sales. The do have a 3-item a year return rule (or something like that) so I only buy things I absolutely know my skin will like from them. How is skincarerx.com with returns for allergic/adverse reactions?

Back to Sephora I see I have another order that looks like it's hung up in oblivion.....
:banghead:

I agree about PC Omega Serum. I, too, have rosacea and this stuff is great on my red cheeks. I don't use it in my t-zone, though, as it causes blackheads. I also use marula oil (from The Ordinary but before that I used DE), DE TLC Framboos a few nights per week, and Umbra. I wish I could find a better sunscreen as the Umbra makes me look too shiny but I love that it's silicone free. Every time I go back to a sunscreen loaded with cones, I get cystic type acne on my chin. DE is the only line I can use that doesn't give me red bumps. I used to use PC exclusively but her products have too many cones and kept going up in price. I use Pekee for cleanser and love it but hate that it's in bar form.

Sounds like you may have purchased the .25 retinol from SkinMedica, which I also have. I cannot use it more than once per week even after several months. I'm very sensitive to retinol on my face but use it more frequently on my neck and chest. I can use The Ordinary's Advanced Retinoid 2% but I don't think it's as effective since it doesn't cause me any irritation and all other retinols have. I can also use the .10 body formula from PC but it's a bit too emollient for my face. I hope you like the .25 and see good results.

Winthrop44

I agree about PC Omega Serum. I, too, have rosacea and this stuff is great on my red cheeks. I don't use it in my t-zone, though, as it causes blackheads. I also use marula oil (from The Ordinary but before that I used DE), DE TLC Framboos a few nights per week, and Umbra. I wish I could find a better sunscreen as the Umbra makes me look too shiny but I love that it's silicone free. Every time I go back to a sunscreen loaded with cones, I get cystic type acne on my chin. DE is the only line I can use that doesn't give me red bumps. I used to use PC exclusively but her products have too many cones and kept going up in price. I use Pekee for cleanser and love it but hate that it's in bar form.

Sounds like you may have purchased the .25 retinol from SkinMedica, which I also have. I cannot use it more than once per week even after several months. I'm very sensitive to retinol on my face but use it more frequently on my neck and chest. I can use The Ordinary's Advanced Retinoid 2% but I don't think it's as effective since it doesn't cause me any irritation and all other retinols have. I can also use the .10 body formula from PC but it's a bit too emollient for my face. I hope you like the .25 and see good results.
Thanks! It is the .25 I'm going to try. I am not holding my breath that my skin will like it either. I'll have to give The Ordinary marula a try. Umbra breaks me out unfortunately. I'm not sure if it's the pentylene glycol, which is usually a problem for me, or just that the zinc percentage is so high. As far as silicones...you may be completely different than me but I do ok with dimethicone, it's more cyclopentasiloxane that does me in. Have you ever tried Avene Mineral Ultra-Light Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion Face SPF 50+? It does have dimethicone but no cyclops:

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 4 percent (sunscreen), Zinc Oxide 6 percent (sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone PEG-8 Laurate, Polymethylmethacrylate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/ C12-22 Alkylmethacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Trisiloxane, Oleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Alumina, Methicone, Isostearic Acid, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sodium Chloride

mollyv6

Thanks! It is the .25 I'm going to try. I am not holding my breath that my skin will like it either. I'll have to give The Ordinary marula a try. Umbra breaks me out unfortunately. I'm not sure if it's the pentylene glycol, which is usually a problem for me, or just that the zinc percentage is so high. As far as silicones...you may be completely different than me but I do ok with dimethicone, it's more cyclopentasiloxane that does me in. Have you ever tried Avene Mineral Ultra-Light Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion Face SPF 50+? It does have dimethicone but no cyclops:

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 4 percent (sunscreen), Zinc Oxide 6 percent (sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone PEG-8 Laurate, Polymethylmethacrylate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/ C12-22 Alkylmethacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Trisiloxane, Oleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Alumina, Methicone, Isostearic Acid, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Sodium Chloride

Yes, order TO's marula when you can because I find it no different than DE other than the packaging. Mine has that slight nutty smell that DE's has and it's 1/7 the price! Soaks right in, too.

Good point about silicones as most things do use cyclopentasiloxane. I think multiple cones are what cause the issue for me but I need to do some more testing. I hate trying new things though because I never know what will give me bumps and it takes a bit for those to go away. Umbra would be so much better without the oil and if it were more fluid like. I love the texture of the chemical Resist sunscreen from PC but can't handle the actives. I really want a high zinc only, silicone free, fluid formula and untinted. I use Cover FX bronzer drops so tinted formulas are unnecessary and they never work for all skin tones.

Not sure if titanium dioxide breaks me out or not but I'll try Avene since I've heard good things. Thanks for the rec.

lipstickaddict

So my Pat Mcgrath lipsticks finally arrived today and ALL are winners! 1995 is exactly what I was hoping for, and Obsessed is perfect with my skintone- absolutely love it! The others are really good too. What gorgeous lipsticks and what an incredible formula! So glad I bit the bullet and bought them :)

boschicka

So my Pat Mcgrath lipsticks finally arrived today and ALL are winners! 1995 is exactly what I was hoping for, and Obsessed is perfect with my skintone- absolutely love it! The others are really good too. What gorgeous lipsticks and what an incredible formula! So glad I bit the bullet and bought them :)

Nice! I agree with all the rave reviews about the formula. I wish I didn't have saran wrap lips so 1995 would look good on me. :p

Winthrop44

I'm happy with 1995 too (on my pigmented lips)! Is Obsessed really super bright?

So my order that was in limbo was cancelled with the reason that the item was out of stock. It was TF Flush blush. As soon as I got the email I looked and it was not out of stock at all, so I reordered. It has already shipped. The only thing I can think of is that the Le Mepris ls with code tomford was out of stock by the time they were packing up my order so they cancelled the whole thing? Either that or Sephora is even more messed up than I thought, which is saying a lot. I also have had my last several orders delivered by Lasership instead of UPS. Maybe that is the issue?

Last edited:

shadowaddict

If anyone uses any EltaMD products Dermstore has 20% off with code ELTASALE. I ordered the UV Clear SPF 46. I've read some good reviews so I'm hoping it will work on my unpredictable skin.

Also so they have up to 25% off most brands. I tried the code HAPPY18 & I also tried the one I received in my email DSBDAY & both took took 20% off the DE & 15% off Paula's Choice. If you're interested you may want to play with both codes to see if one gives you a higher discount. I wish the 25% off applied to DE and PC. I'm not going to get any PC with only 15% off. I can usually find at least 20% off.

I also really like the PC Omega Complex. For some odd reason my neck will occasionally get red & very sensitive and products I normally use will sting. I decided to give this a try the last time that happened. It didn't sting at all and I found it quite soothing. It feels nice under my eyes & on my cheeks. I don't use it on my t-zone either.

I've ordered a couple of times from lovelyskin.com. The only time I have returned anything to skincarerx was when I accidentally submitted an order that I didn't mean to. I was signed in & had 2 items in my cart that I meant to delete. I didn't realize what I had done until the next day when I saw the order confirmation email. I went into my account and tried to cancel. It appeared it worked but couldn't give me an absolute confirmation that it was canceled. I called & they said it was already being processed. She said she would put a note on my account to reimburse me for the return shipping cost & when I received the order to write a note & put in the box with the shipping amount. They were very nice about it all. So I'm not sure how they are about a product that does not work for you.

Correction: I just realized that Skincarerx.com does have a minimum amount for free shipping. On an earlier post I put there was no charge. I've always ordered more than the $49 for free shipping and not noticed there was a minimum amount. I wait till there's a good % off to place an order because they do it so often.

shadowaddict

I finally received my Sephora order. They have some major issues with shipping right now that they need to address quickly.

I shouldn't have ordered a new foundation to try when I have a discount because if it doesn't work I might lose my discount. I thought I would try the new YSL foundation. I ordered those Sephora Do it All cotton swabs to try, a couple of eyeliners, & a pack of the Shiseido facial cotton. I let myself run out. Once I tried them I was hooked. They are so soft on my eyes when removing eye makeup & now the regular cotton rounds feel like sandpaper. They are much kinder to the skin around my eyes. I like that those Sephora cotton swabs come in a sturdy plastic container.

If the foundation doesn't work hopefully they will let me exchange it for something & not lose my discount.

elegant-one

I'm happy with 1995 too (on my pigmented lips)! Is Obsessed really super bright?

So my order that was in limbo was cancelled with the reason that the item was out of stock. It was TF Flush blush. As soon as I got the email I looked and it was not out of stock at all, so I reordered. It has already shipped. The only thing I can think of is that the Le Mepris ls with code tomford was out of stock by the time they were packing up my order so they cancelled the whole thing? Either that or Sephora is even more messed up than I thought, which is saying a lot. I also have had my last several orders delivered by Lasership instead of UPS. Maybe that is the issue?

:shakehead: They're a mess! It would be so dumb to cancel an order because the freebie is OOS. But, that's what has happened to me. They say the item is OOS but it isn't. I don't think I've gotten a package delivered by lasership. I would like to know how you like the blush....whenever you get it lol.
The TF Le Mepris is super beautiful on.

Winthrop44

:shakehead: They're a mess! It would be so dumb to cancel an order because the freebie is OOS. But, that's what has happened to me. They say the item is OOS but it isn't. I don't think I've gotten a package delivered by lasership. I would like to know how you like the blush....whenever you get it lol.
The TF Le Mepris is super beautiful on.

It is! I have the full size Le Mepris so I certainly wouldn't have wanted the order cancelled for that being OOS. It wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what happened though. I would have liked a little one but again....just give me my stuff! I was not as nice this time in Live Chat and instead of thanking them for adding more stupid points to my account this time I said no one wants points if you can't even deliver what they order.

Last edited:

elegant-one

It is! I have the full size Le Mepris so I certainly wouldn't have wanted the order cancelled for that being OOS. It wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what happened though. I would have liked a little one but again....just give me my stuff! I was not as nice this time in Live Chat and instead of thanking them for adding more stupid points to my account this time I said no one wants points if you can't even deliver what they order.

:doh::roflmao::roflmao::five: Yeah, I always tell them that I don't need any more CRAPPY points that I don't even use LOL! I don't know why the company just doesn't seem to be getting a clue.

Latest posts