All Things Sephora

boschicka

I went to my local Sephora to buy a few more products. I was denied the 20% off bc I did not have a printout of the sale email. I was told this at the register after waiting in line. Fun fact: I never get Sephora emails and I have spoken to CS numerous times about it.

Then I get home and decide to call the same store to ask about the policy. “No problem. We can look up your info in store and validate your rouge status.” :storm:

Ugh! Unacceptable!!!

MissTania

LOL!!! How's it going Miss Gingerbread :heart: :) Are you still loving that foundation?

I ordered my first Huda product today. I got the lip contour set with Trophy Wife & Muse & the pencil. I also got Fenty Yacht Lyfe.

Trophy Wife lip pencil is one of the most beautiful lipliners I've ever seen. It would go nicely with your beloved Mehr I think. I have a backup or two. Formula is perfection too. I ordered a few of her liquid lipsticks a while ago I think they are drying but a base of clarins lip oil will help. I think the shade range is better suited to pigmented lips as Trophy Wife liquid lipstick was quite vampy on me compared to the lighter swatches I saw online. Hope you love everything :heart:

shadowaddict

I went to my local Sephora to buy a few more products. I was denied the 20% off bc I did not have a printout of the sale email. I was told this at the register after waiting in line. Fun fact: I never get Sephora emails and I have spoken to CS numerous times about it.

Then I get home and decide to call the same store to ask about the policy. “No problem. We can look up your info in store and validate your rouge status.” :storm:

Make sure you call the main customer service. That is so unacceptable and rude. That sales associate clearly was not trained well or just plain stupid. The s/a should have called the manager over to ask if there was any way to check. He/she would have at least appeared to try to help and please a customer, a loyal one at that. They can look up just about anything like your past store purchases and online orders.

I do not handle incompetence very well, particularly when a s/a speaks to me in a condescending tone. At that point I have them call the manager. By nature I'm pretty shy. However, over the years I've learned to speak up when not treated with respect. I'm not one to get mad (although inside I probably am) or rude. I politely explain the situation to the manager and go from there. Sometimes that means I say thank you and leave. You can count on the next rung on the ladder will be contacted.

Haven

Which Pat lippies did you get? I went looked at them in person and Beautiful Creature & Sorry not Sorry where actually quite different on me, so I went ahead and got SNS plus I love the name and 20% off why not.
I ordered SNS and sextrology. I already have BC too, but I couldn’t resist SNS anymore. :D

Haven

Make sure you call the main customer service. That is so unacceptable and rude. That sales associate clearly was not trained well or just plain stupid. The s/a should have called the manager over to ask if there was any way to check. He/she would have at least appeared to try to help and please a customer, a loyal one at that. They can look up just about anything like your past store purchases and online orders.

I do not handle incompetence very well, particularly when a s/a speaks to me in a condescending tone. At that point I have them call the manager. By nature I'm pretty shy. However, over the years I've learned to speak up when not treated with respect. I'm not one to get mad (although inside I probably am) or rude. I politely explain the situation to the manager and go from there. Sometimes that means I say thank you and leave. You can count on the next rung on the ladder will be contacted.
I called back again last night and asked to speak to the manager. My goal was not to get anyone in trouble per se but to let her know what is going on in her store. I was probably not the first customer treated this way. I also am not one to create drama or get rude, but this situation kept bothering me so I called.

She actually reviewed the security camera footage to see what happened. She apologized profusely for the sa behavior and offered to give me a bunch of perks if I came back to the store. She felt awful about how the employee spoke to me and commented on how I managed to stay calm & polite. The sa lied to me and said things loudly like “You can buy all of this now at full price and try (sarcastically said) to get the discount again at a later time.”

I really don’t know if I will go back to that store. At least for now. The sa tried to embarrass me bc she thought that I was trying to get away with something for whatever reason. Fortunately I know the manager, who often helps me in the store bc I spend probably more than I should lol, so my complaint was heard. As I said there are probably others customers that were treated like that too.

Jayjayy

I called back again last night and asked to speak to the manager. My goal was not to get anyone in trouble per se but to let her know what is going on in her store. I was probably not the first customer treated this way. I also am not one to create drama or get rude, but this situation kept bothering me so I called.

She actually reviewed the security camera footage to see what happened. She apologized profusely for the sa behavior and offered to give me a bunch of perks if I came back to the store. She felt awful about how the employee spoke to me and commented on how I managed to stay calm & polite. The sa lied to me and said things loudly like “You can buy all of this now at full price and try (sarcastically said) to get the discount again at a later time.”

I really don’t know if I will go back to that store. At least for now. The sa tried to embarrass me bc she thought that I was trying to get away with something for whatever reason. Fortunately I know the manager, who often helps me in the store bc I spend probably more than I should lol, so my complaint was heard. As I said there are probably others customers that were treated like that too.
Wow, shout out to that manager! I'm so glad you went back! I know in years prior they were picky about having the email because they needed the barcode, but thankfully this year that isn't the case. A lot of people never got the mailer (like me). That associate's behavior is disgusting. I wonder how many more customers she turned away before you.

DMcG9

What a terrible experience. I am sorry you had to endure that but really glad that it will be dealt with now that the manager is aware and has reviewed the footage of her employee.
I don't blame you for not wanting to shop at that particular location for a while, if ever again.

Haven

Wow, shout out to that manager! I'm so glad you went back! I know in years prior they were picky about having the email because they needed the barcode, but thankfully this year that isn't the case. A lot of people never got the mailer (like me). That associate's behavior is disgusting. I wonder how many more customers she turned away before you.

The manager of this location is really great. In hindsight I should have asked to speak to her. I was just so surprised by the sa’s attitude and behavior that I simply walked out after the encounter.

Just FYI for everyone. Sephora corporate sent the stores instructions on how to help customers without an email printout or mailer. Plus they sent out the barcode that sa can scan at the register if you don’t have the mailer or email. This is what the manager told me. She was pissed that her staff was lying to customers.

If the sa had politely declined the discount and not made such a spectacle of the whole thing, then I would probably go back to the location. She was on a mission though to embarrass me and let everyone in the store know it.

Last edited:

shontay07108

The manager of this location is really great. In hindsight I should have asked to speak to her. I was just so surprised by the sa’s attitude and behavior that I simply walked out after the encounter.

Just FYI for everyone. Sephora corporate sent the stores instructions on how to help customers without an email printout or mailer. Plus they sent out the barcode that sa can scan at the register if you don’t have the mailer or email. This is what the manager told me. She was pissed that her staff was lying to customers.

If the sa had politely declined the discount and not made such a spectacle of the whole thing, then I would probably go back to the location. She was on a mission though to embarrass me and let everyone in the store know it.
Wow I'm sorry that happened to you. I would've been livid. Miserable people really love spreading that ish around. I wanted to go to a store early Friday morning but decided against it b/c I didn't have the discount card and I imagined I'd have this kind of luck. My discount card came later that afternoon. It's really not that serious because they can easily see if you're a Rouge or not.

Sugar & Spice

I ordered SNS and sextrology. I already have BC too, but I couldn’t resist SNS anymore. :D

Yeah I had to see SNS in person but it's been calling us lol.

Sextrology love the name and wish it would have worked for me but Realness was the better shade for me.

Oh and that SA is disgusting! I too now do not keep silent when I'm given a hard time regarding customer service because we can't complain about it if we're not actively doing anything to improve our experiences and the experiences of others.

Last edited:

elegant-one

I was in Ulta today & had a $10 off card so I bought the Tarte Toasted palette. :cloud9: It's a beautiful palette & the shadows are super soft & pigmented! I love the shade Latte so much. It really makes my hazel eyes pop.

Alysse011

Sooooo funny!!! :five::zombie::rofl::rofl::rofl:

This is hilarious. I think most of us can relate to this. I hate myself after I leave Sephora I walk around to other places with my hands covered smudged swatches and glitter from when I tried to remove everything.

I'm praying that my local Sephora gets Huda. They carried her liquid lipsticks in the very beginning, but then they disappeared. Please bring it back because I don't want to have to go to the city just to get my hands on her stuff.

You poor thing! Rest. We're all praying for a swift recovery! :roflmao:

:rofl:Oh my...wishing you a swift recovery.:roflmao:
Thank you all for your well wishes and understanding! I knew this was a safe place lol. I had to rush home and wash my hair and then pack and leave for a quick weekend trip to my fiance’s parent’s house. I’m finally ready to talk about it now :cloud9::sunshine::rotfl:

I was so close to coming home with a Pat McGrath or large Natasha Denona palette. The formulas are beautiful! I mean just gorgeous. And the colors. I’m still swooning. I felt like the Pat McGrath were too artsy for me. They are like the cool kid I want to be but I’m not lol. I knew I’d hardly ever use it, just because I spend most of my life in corporate America and they tend to frown on emerald green eyeshadows. I DID purchase one of the 5 pan Natasha palettes instead of one of the larger palettes from her. I’m very very pleased with it!

I swatched a ridiculous number of lipsticks. Basically all of Pat McGrath’s plus various other brands. A lot of Tom Ford too. I love Pat’s formula. Seriously, her line is who I want to be in makeup form lol. I’m dying for her to come out with a foundation.

Heres what i got:
-Lilah B Aglow Face Mist
-Drunk Elephant Babyfacial
-Bumble and Bumble Dry Shampoo (2 vans on accident but that’s ok since I tear through dry shampoo. I’ve been using Living Proof for years but this seems even better so we will see)
-Surratt brow pencil (another amazing brand)
-Natasha Denona 5 pan palette in #2
-Tom Ford Paper Doll (I had written this off after reading a somewhat negative review, but I LOVE the color on me and didn’t notice any lip line settling)
-Pat McGrath lipstick in Sextrology
-PM lipstick in Donatella
-PM lip pencil in Bare Rose
-PM eyeliner in Blk Coffee

I am considering ordering the Marc Jacobs bronzer brush. Anyone have it and have a strong opinion on it?

Alysse011

Ugh I hate this for you! I’m sorry it happened. SA’s can really make or break the shopping experience. Some make me so excited and happy and then others just make you want to go home ASAP and suck the enjoyment out of the experience

elegant-one

Thank you all for your well wishes and understanding! I knew this was a safe place lol. I had to rush home and wash my hair and then pack and leave for a quick weekend trip to my fiance’s parent’s house. I’m finally ready to talk about it now :cloud9::sunshine::rotfl:

I was so close to coming home with a Pat McGrath or large Natasha Denona palette. The formulas are beautiful! I mean just gorgeous. And the colors. I’m still swooning. I felt like the Pat McGrath were too artsy for me. They are like the cool kid I want to be but I’m not lol. I knew I’d hardly ever use it, just because I spend most of my life in corporate America and they tend to frown on emerald green eyeshadows. I DID purchase one of the 5 pan Natasha palettes instead of one of the larger palettes from her. I’m very very pleased with it!

I swatched a ridiculous number of lipsticks. Basically all of Pat McGrath’s plus various other brands. A lot of Tom Ford too. I love Pat’s formula. Seriously, her line is who I want to be in makeup form lol. I’m dying for her to come out with a foundation.

Heres what i got:
-Lilah B Aglow Face Mist
-Bumble and Bumble Dry Shampoo (2 vans on accident but that’s ok since I tear through dry shampoo. I’ve been using Living Proof for years but this seems even better so we will see)
-Tom Ford Paper Doll (I had written this off after reading a somewhat negative review, but I LOVE the color on me and didn’t notice any lip line settling)

I am considering ordering the Marc Jacobs bronzer brush. Anyone have it and have a strong opinion on it?

Lilah B has a face mist!? I must have missed that. I'll want to know what you think of it before I get it. I may get the new shadow palette.
Do I need Donatella LOLOL ?

lipstickaddict

Heres what i got:
-Lilah B Aglow Face Mist

Incredible haul! I have two of the Marc Jacobs bronzer brushes ( yes, I love it that much lol). It is pricey, but considering bronzer is part of my everyday routine, I figure it is worth it. The quality is excellent, plus the brush itself is gorgeous haha. I've heard that the Sephora line has a similar brush for less, but I haven't tried it so I really cannot comment.

PS. I have PM Sextrology and love it. It is super hot with a Smokey navy eye.

Last edited: