All Things Sephora

boschicka

A few of the Viseart eyeshadow palettes are on sale for $64 right now, but they don't come up under the sale section. Have to go directly to the palette listing.

Haven

What is your neighboring Sephora? I like the one at The Grove, they’re always nice whenever I stop by.
I usually go to locations in the South Bay. The one that I have had issues at is in Del Amo mall in Torrance. I have been hassled every time I have tried to use a promotional discount- it is a fairly new location.

First time the sales associates refused to give me the discount because I did not have a printout of the rouge email. I used to never get rouge emails even though I had called customer service multiple times. I was actually accused of trying to get away with something which was what really got me po’d. I then went to the Manhattan Beach location, bought what I wanted on discount, and filed an official complaint about the Del Amo location. Second time similar harassment.

I contacted Sephora corporate and was told that no paperwork was needed to get the discount. We only need to mention the promotion when checking out. Sales associates can easily look up your rouge status, and they have a generic bar code for the discount at the registers. They also fixed my email issues finally.

Sugar & Spice

Oh you’re close to Manhattan beach, I’ll dm you next time I’m out that way if you’d like to connect over lunch or a Sephora visit lol.

I think the DE restriction before was 3 but I actually ordered 4 without a problem however I did it over the phone because I forgot to use the code so they adjusted it for me and I don’t know if that made a difference or not.

Alysse011

Ok so I ended up not getting Clarisonic brush heads because I’m hoping Ulta will do a better deal on them for 21 days of beauty. Worst comes to worst, I’ll go in store and buy them before this sale ends. I know you all were on the edge of your seats about my Clarisonic situation!

in other news - I did buy a Surratt brush. I hope the rumors are true and that it was made by angels.

Icecaramellatte

Ok so I ended up not getting Clarisonic brush heads because I’m hoping Ulta will do a better deal on them for 21 days of beauty. Worst comes to worst, I’ll go in store and buy them before this sale ends. I know you all were on the edge of your seats about my Clarisonic situation!

in other news - I did buy a Surratt brush. I hope the rumors are true and that it was made by angels.

Ooh which Surratt did you get? I'm debating another one. I definitely would have but I decided on Tom Ford backup. I don't know if I can squeeze in a Surratt before the sale is over but I may.

boschicka

Snort!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I bought my first Surratt brush too! And bought backups of the TF cheek brush and cream foundation brush.
ETA: That's a lie. First Surratt face brush. :p

I'm still surprised the code is one-time use only online. They're going to miss out on a lot of sales from us crazy Rouge members! We go back and then back for some more!
And if the point is to drive sales to stores b/c of their quotas and loss of revenue due to online returns, then change that stupid policy. Don't lose out on my business.

Last edited:

boschicka

I’d like to know this as well. I want to know where all my people are. I’m kind of afraid everyone uses reddit now, and I don’t love reddit.

Oh no. I don't like reddit or twitter. Still makes me sad how we never recovered very well here after the platform transfer.

Sugar & Spice

Yes the cross over played a major part in the decline of participation of the site and it really hasn’t been the same since. I had to create a new account as I couldn’t access my old one and I think a lot of people got lost in the shuffle and moved on.

I bought the eyeshadow Surrate brush to test out. Most of my brushes are Chanel and I love them.

fur4elise

Looking like NARS primer ftw then. Thanks ladies!

Speaking of NARS primers...where the heck did the face primers go?! Sephora is not carrying my go to Pore & Shine Control! Grrrrrr! I may need to go in store for a replenish...sigh

I’d like to know this as well. I want to know where all my people are. I’m kind of afraid everyone uses reddit now, and I don’t love reddit.
So quiet. Are there other forums or is everyone on the Sephora boards these days?

I am not really on any other forum. I just don't get reddit at all...it's ugly and clunky. And the Sephora boards well...I just have not given them a real go.

boschicka

For anyone who forgets anything from their online Sephora order, Bloomies has $25 rewards for every $150 spent in beauty. Not 20% off, but still a deal and they have the new YSL and Dior blushes in stock and some of the new TF lippies, etc.
Also, SAKS snail mailed me a coupon for $50 off a $200 beauty purchase. Pray for me! (I think if you leave things in your cart there, they will also send you various coupons. I've gotten 10% and $50 off emailed to me after doing that.)
HAPPY SHOPPING!

Alysse011

Ooh which Surratt did you get? I'm debating another one. I definitely would have but I decided on Tom Ford backup. I don't know if I can squeeze in a Surratt before the sale is over but I may.
I bought the Cheek Brush! I was going back and forth between it and the highlight brush. What Tom Ford did you back up? And which Surratt are you looking at?
Snort!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I bought my first Surratt brush too! And bought backups of the TF cheek brush and cream foundation brush.
ETA: That's a lie. First Surratt face brush. :p

I'm still surprised the code is one-time use only online. They're going to miss out on a lot of sales from us crazy Rouge members! We go back and then back for some more!
And if the point is to drive sales to stores b/c of their quotas and loss of revenue due to online returns, then change that stupid policy. Don't lose out on my business.
I never did buy any Tom Ford face brushes. A lot of people seem to love them, so I have some FOMO. The foundation brush and cheek brush are on my list.

Which Surratt eyeshadow brushes do you have? I am curious about those as well, but I recently purchased some Sonia G from Beautylish so decided to not get any more eye brushes for now.

I'm very surprised the code can't be used multiple times as well. I'm not one to just order everything and return; I definitely prefer to whittle down and then place more orders if I feel so inclined. In this case, since I can't do that, I definitely will end up spending less than I would if the code were multi-use. As of right now, I don't have any plans to go in store unless Ulta doesn't have a good promo for those brush heads...and then I'll go in and buy those.

Alysse011

Oh no. I don't like reddit or twitter. Still makes me sad how we never recovered very well here after the platform transfer.

Yes the cross over played a major part in the decline of participation of the site and it really hasn’t been the same since. I had to create a new account as I couldn’t access my old one and I think a lot of people got lost in the shuffle and moved on.

I bought the eyeshadow Surrate brush to test out. Most of my brushes are Chanel and I love them.

Which Surratt did you get? I only have one Chanel brush, but I use it almost daily with the Chanel cream bronzer.
I am not really on any other forum. I just don't get reddit at all...it's ugly and clunky. And the Sephora boards well...I just have not given them a real go.

I don't like Reddit for aesthetic reasons, but also because people have a big chip on their shoulder when it comes to higher end/luxury makeup. I don't have anything against drugstore products or mid-range brands, but I want to be able to discuss Chanel/Tom Ford/etc in peace. I was on the Sephora boards for a short amount of time, but then they did a revamp of their forums and it made it much much more difficult to use. I haven't gone back in a long time, so it may be better now.

Shars

I’m trying to get my list together and I too in need of an eyeshadow primer and I guess I’ll wait for the NARS eyeshadow base too as I already tried the primer and wasn’t empressed. My list is realitive small. DE products, Olaplex hair products, Makeup brushes, thus far.

Oh no! What didn't you like about the original? What are you other go-tos?

It makes me sad. There used to be such a buzz coming up to sales times.

I've been tempted by his blushes and brushes for the longest time *peeks from under the covers* I don't know what to get. This sale caught me off-guard and I'm supposed to be saving for a trip in 3 weeks where I'll spend loads of money I shouldn't at the Makeup Show lol.

boschicka

I bought the Cheek Brush! I was going back and forth between it and the highlight brush. What Tom Ford did you back up? And which Surratt are you looking at?

I never did buy any Tom Ford face brushes. A lot of people seem to love them, so I have some FOMO. The foundation brush and cheek brush are on my list.

Which Surratt eyeshadow brushes do you have? I am curious about those as well, but I recently purchased some Sonia G from Beautylish so decided to not get any more eye brushes for now.

I'm very surprised the code can't be used multiple times as well. I'm not one to just order everything and return; I definitely prefer to whittle down and then place more orders if I feel so inclined. In this case, since I can't do that, I definitely will end up spending less than I would if the code were multi-use. As of right now, I don't have any plans to go in store unless Ulta doesn't have a good promo for those brush heads...and then I'll go in and buy those.

I think I only have the Classique Shadow Brush Moyenne from Surratt at the moment. Oh, those Sonia G brushes are lovely too. I really appreciate the shape of the TF cheek brush. It's perfect for my chubby chipmunk cheeks, and it's actually more rare of a shape for blush brushes than one would think.

lipstickaddict

I still haven't placed an online order and I actually feel in no rush to do so. New things seem to be popping up from the higher end brands that I like ( such as the new Guerlain lipsticks in the color matching tubes and the Givenchy liquid highlighters) so I'm waiting it out a bit:rolleyes:

JerseyGirl

Which Surratt did you get? I only have one Chanel brush, but I use it almost daily with the Chanel cream bronzer.

I don't like Reddit for aesthetic reasons, but also because people have a big chip on their shoulder when it comes to higher end/luxury makeup. I don't have anything against drugstore products or mid-range brands, but I want to be able to discuss Chanel/Tom Ford/etc in peace. I was on the Sephora boards for a short amount of time, but then they did a revamp of their forums and it made it much much more difficult to use. I haven't gone back in a long time, so it may be better now.

The last sale I was a bad girl and bought 3 of the Surrat brushes. Sonia G’s descriptions and comparisons are spot on. I like them all, I think it was the cheek, the highlight and the face brush. But for me, honestly, my favorite cheek brush is the Suqqu. (Ordered it from Harrods, I know I’m crazy.) The Surrat are beautiful and well made. I like the highlight one better than cheek because it isn’t as dense as the cheek. But it’s all personal preference...

boschicka

Oh no! What didn't you like about the original? What are you other go-tos?

It makes me sad. There used to be such a buzz coming up to sales times.

I've been tempted by his blushes and brushes for the longest time *peeks from under the covers* I don't know what to get. This sale caught me off-guard and I'm supposed to be saving for a trip in 3 weeks where I'll spend loads of money I shouldn't at the Makeup Show lol.

I would save money for the trip. That will be more fun and there will be fall sales to get what you want later.

Sugar & Spice

With the Nars primer it didn’t have enough longevity for me but it is the better one of the other brands I’ve tried. I’ve been using MAC paint pot as an eyeshadow base so I’m interested in the new nars eyeshadow bases that are coming out.

The Surrat eyeshadow brush I got is the one with the tan bristles.

elegant-one

I still haven't placed an online order and I actually feel in no rush to do so. New things seem to be popping up from the higher end brands that I like ( such as the new Guerlain lipsticks in the color matching tubes and the Givenchy liquid highlighters) so I'm waiting it out a bit:rolleyes:

I bought one of those new Guerlain lipsticks - Darling. :) I figured you would want at least one :p I feel the same way with the sale which is not like me at all lol.

Latest posts