All Things Sephora

shontay07108

You guys, this is more of a beautylish question I guess, but this place is more active. I just got my Sonia G brush and Wayne Goss shadow brush set from beautylish. There's a card inside that says to only wash the brushes once a month. Is that legit? I twitch just thinking about that. I actually wash my shadow brushes after every use, but I don't want to mess up these expensive brushes. What do I do?

Last edited:

Shars

You guys, this is more of a beautylish question I guess, but this place is more active. I just got my Sonia G brush and Wayne Goss shadow brush set from beautylish. There's a card inside that says to only wash the brushes once a month. Is that legit? I twitch just thinking about that. I actually wash my shadow brushes after every use, but I don't want to mess u p these expensive brushes. What do I do?
They suggest with all natural hair brushes that you should just wipe the brush on a tissue or soft cloth after every use to preserve the hairs. Washing them often actually ruins the hairs. If you're using creams or any other product heavier than a powder they suggest you wash with mild soap but I can't remember how often.

JerseyGirl

You guys, this is more of a beautylish question I guess, but this place is more active. I just got my Sonia G brush and Wayne Goss shadow brush set from beautylish. There's a card inside that says to only wash the brushes once a month. Is that legit? I twitch just thinking about that. I actually wash my shadow brushes after every use, but I don't want to mess up these expensive brushes. What do I do?

I use a microfiber cloth, to wipe after each use. I wash them once a week with gentle soap and they are totally fine. Just dry them pointing down and don’t get water in the ferrule.

boschicka

Sephora sent me a broken palette. It was so broken that it went straight into the trash.
The replacement was also broken, but less so. A glitter shade exploded, but I pressed about half of it back down. And a second shade was missing a large chunk.
Upon returning the 2nd palette, the Sephora associate opens it and asks which shades were broken. :confused:
Also, who cares? Do they have to fill out a schematic showing which shades were broken in order to return it?! A second SA comes up and asks if I contacted online customer service. *sigh*

elegant-one

Sephora sent me a broken palette. It was so broken that it went straight into the trash.
The replacement was also broken, but less so. A glitter shade exploded, but I pressed about half of it back down. And a second shade was missing a large chunk.
Upon returning the 2nd palette, the Sephora associate opens it and asks which shades were broken. :confused:
Also, who cares? Do they have to fill out a schematic showing which shades were broken in order to return it?! A second SA comes up and asks if I contacted online customer service. *sigh*

Ugh!!! I hate returning anything to my store because they are so jerky about returns. That is weird to ask which shadow was broken. :doh: Did you get a third palette?

boschicka

Ugh!!! I hate returning anything to my store because they are so jerky about returns. That is weird to ask which shadow was broken. :doh: Did you get a third palette?
Ha! No third palette. When the second SA asked if I had contacted customer service, I explained that this was the SECOND palette and I had given up on it. They were both sweet girls, but I'm amazed the first one couldn't tell which shadows were broken. I would think that would be one of the qualifications for working at a makeup store.

Yes, I agree returns are a nightmare. I am bewildered by the 97 questions necessary to process a return.

elegant-one

I also got Armani matte 400 red lipstick. It is SUPER SEXY power red. I adore it on me.:heart: I have the new Guerlain kisskiss lipstick in Electric Ruby M332 coming. And, I ordered another PM Christy in the pink holiday tube. On my lips its a very pretty nude peachy pink.

Alysse - I just saw where you said it looked orange-ish on you :( That stinks.

shontay07108

That has to be beyond frustrating. What a dumb question to ask, too. You deserve another rouge discount or something.
Luckily, my store isn't jerky, but I still hate when I have to return. I am dreading the moment when I feel like I'm being given a hard time because I might snap.

elegant-one

:p I had that one $100 rewards card & used it in my far away Sephora. One of the products I got didn't agree with my skin so I took it into another Sephora to return it & they wouldn't let me & got an ipad to show me/scold me about the no return policy for those reward cards. She they they should have told me that at the first Sephora store where I used the card. Nope they never told me. But, I never read the disclaimer so...boo.

elegant-one

That has to be beyond frustrating. What a dumb question to ask, too. You deserve another rouge discount or something.

Luckily, my store isn't jerky, but I still hate when I have to return. I am dreading the moment when I feel like I'm being given a hard time because I might snap.

LOL I did snap a little when I tried to return an item & they gave me a hard time. And, I hardly ever return anything.

boschicka

:p I had that one $100 rewards card & used it in my far away Sephora. One of the products I got didn't agree with my skin so I took it into another Sephora to return it & they wouldn't let me & got an ipad to show me/scold me about the no return policy for those reward cards. She they they should have told me that at the first Sephora store where I used the card. Nope they never told me. But, I never read the disclaimer so...boo.

Naughty girl getting scolded! :naughty::roflmao:

I can't really complain. The employees are always nice at this location. Just the return process is stupid.

DILLIGAF

Naughty girl getting scolded! :naughty::roflmao:

I can't really complain. The employees are always nice at this location. Just the return process is stupid.

I'm all for consistency in return policies, but when I spend over $1000 at your store I expect smooth hassle free returns. :soap:
Especially if I have the receipt.

MaryJane

I'm lucky at my store - they rarely, if ever, ask a question. I've gotten a few 'You didn't like it?' but that's about it. They open up the package, make sure the product is inside, and process the return.

I used to feel guilty about returning things but I don't anymore. When you have products that are online only or only offered at certain stores, they have to expect a lot of returns.

Rinstar

Finally ordered the PmG Platinum Bronze palette with the 20%. I've been debating it for ages, so it was time to just get it!

MaryJane

Rouges are still able to get the discount this weekend in store. I picked up the Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage palette. My store had one left so I jumped all over that. Also picked up the Hourglass Volume 4 palette. It’s not the best value but I like the idea of having all the blush, bronzer, powder and highlighter all in one palette. Besides, I never hit pan on anything so these sizes work for me. I forgot how good the Hourglass powders are.

elegant-one

Rouges are still able to get the discount this weekend in store. I picked up the Tom Ford Cocoa Mirage palette. My store had one left so I jumped all over that. Also picked up the Hourglass Volume 4 palette. It’s not the best value but I like the idea of having all the blush, bronzer, powder and highlighter all in one palette. Besides, I never hit pan on anything so these sizes work for me. I forgot how good the Hourglass powders are.
Stinks for people like me that don't have a close Sephora :( Enjoy your goodies.

shontay07108

I stopped by a Sephora today and was told that yeah, Rouge gets the discount too. I wish I was at the one that carried Pat McGrath because I couldn't find anything. Just for kicks I played with the Safari Palette by ND. I put primer on my hand first and swatched it and it was not good. The only shade I want is that burnt orange. The Sunset and Lila palettes don't really do it for me either. I felt so sad that there was nothing to buy.

Anyone notice on the Sephora site that PM has paired the holiday lipsticks with the blitztrance lipsticks? That's a great deal.

elegant-one

I stopped by a Sephora today and was told that yeah, Rouge gets the discount too. I wish I was at the one that carried Pat McGrath because I couldn't find anything. Just for kicks I played with the Safari Palette by ND. I put primer on my hand first and swatched it and it was not good. The only shade I want is that burnt orange. The Sunset and Lila palettes don't really do it for me either. I felt so sad that there was nothing to buy.

Anyone notice on the Sephora site that PM has paired the holiday lipsticks with the blitztrance lipsticks? That's a great deal.

"I felt so sad that there was nothing to buy."
Yes, that is so sad! :rofl::rotfl::rofl: I hate it when that happens :p No, I didn't notice that about the PM lipsticks. Off to look.

Latest posts