All Things Sephora

Mac-Guy

I am only a VIB now... so no shopping yet. 15% off is not much of a discount. I was able to get my Kate Somerville stuff directly for 25% + 10% Ebates. And Ulta just had a 20% coupon too. I have a hefty Sephora giftcard... but again, 15% off is not tempting. Oh well. I may or may not indulge.

That is so true. There are often better deals during the year and/or on other websites/retailers.

Mac-Guy

Plus Neiman Marcus had $50 off $200 + 10% Ebates and Bergdorf had a beauty coupon just prior. Ulta just sent me a 2-day coupon for $20 off $100. Everyone is coming for the Sephora sale!
Sephora needs to step up their % game. I like their service though. I got a free Hydrofacial last week at Sephora, which was really nice.

Alysse011

I ordered another bottle of the Caudalie Essence, a mini lancome eyelash primer, Shisedo's facial cotton, and the Tatcha Dewy Skin after going through two samples just to be sure (it's good y'all). Then I went in store to get the new Fenty Highlighter duo, another pack of Shisedo's facial cotton and the Marc Jacobs lash primer. People have been raving about that MJ lash primer so I'll try it tomorrow, but I am a bit skeptical tbh. Before the sale is over I plan on getting that Sunday Riley High Dose Retinol because I have been loving my sample of it and I keep going back and forth on that Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Finish pressed powder. Some brown girls rave about it, but I am kinda down on that brand because I feel like brown people are an afterthought there. We'll see.
I'm so so curious about the Tacha cream. You're talking about the new one right?

I have that on my list and the drunk elephant polypeptide (I think that's what it's called?) on my list of potential creams once I run out of what I'm currently using.

Alysse011

I LOVE RMS! And, I do have just a few KW products that I love. I would be in SOOO much trouble if anything I loved clothes, shoes or makeup wise was within walking distance for me!

ugh you're telling me! Within walking distance I have a Credo, Sephora, and Blue Mercury! Plus many many clothing stores. :shakehead:

shontay07108

I'm so so curious about the Tacha cream. You're talking about the new one right?

I have that on my list and the drunk elephant polypeptide (I think that's what it's called?) on my list of potential creams once I run out of what I'm currently using.
That’s the one! I wasn’t expecting much because people always claim the latest cream is so moisturizing for dry skin and it turns out to be a dud for me, but this one is for real. It’s so damn moisturizing that I realized I either need to just use it at night or with my Fenty foundation that is more matte, or like today I powdered my face more because otherwise there’s a little too much dew lol. I know that’s making it sound greasy but it’s not. It’s just that when I wear foundation I prefer to only glow where I highlight.

fur4elise

Just popping a random observation in here. For a few years now, Ulta has advertised quite a bit on television. I noticed about 3 weeks ago, Sephora started running an ad...I kind of shook my head and chuckled. Behind the 8 ball there...

colormefab

Just popping a random observation in here. For a few years now, Ulta has advertised quite a bit on television. I noticed about 3 weeks ago, Sephora started running an ad...I kind of shook my head and chuckled. Behind the 8 ball there...

I agree, I think Sephora had relied on being the head honcho in the industry for so long that they became stubborn with certain aspects of their marketing and rewards which they realize is starting to hurt their market share. They are still my preferred way of shopping but you cant deny that Ulta is beating them in alot of things.

fur4elise

I agree, I think Sephora had relied on being the head honcho in the industry for so long that they became stubborn with certain aspects of their marketing and rewards which they realize is starting to hurt their market share. They are still my preferred way of shopping but you cant deny that Ulta is beating them in a lot of things.

I absolutely agree! But I have to say Sephora is not the go-to it used to be for me. I have made a total of ONE, in-store purchase this year (a primer)...and that purchase is getting returned this weekend. I used up the samples given to me and decided I did not like the product. So the brand new, unopened tube is going back.

:confused:Eh, meh...maybe it's all on me. I am doing really well with my low buy this year, so find myself being really particular about when and where I am spending. Sephora naturally fell to the bottom of my list. On the flip side, I may choose to have some fun and blow my g/c stash on some new color...I could use some good cheer these days ;)

Sugar & Spice

I agree, I think Sephora had relied on being the head honcho in the industry for so long that they became stubborn with certain aspects of their marketing and rewards which they realize is starting to hurt their market share. They are still my preferred way of shopping but you cant deny that Ulta is beating them in alot of things.

Totally agree. A lot of brands I use are not carried at Ulta or it's carried at both, so it was always better for me to use Sephora. However I'm starting to get back into department store buying especially since Neiman Marcus frequently offer $50 of $200 promotions and I'm thinking about getting a CC so I can start getting points but I loath department store cards so I'm still on the fence with that. Not to mention a lot of the brands are now offering better and frequent deals shopping directly through them, so I have started checking the brand website before I order from Sephora.

The gifts continue to be crap at Sephora so I don't even care about the points anymore. The only thing I like is the gift card option they added and that's not enough to make me be loyal to them.

boschicka

Has this been addressed here already? My memory is terrible.
If you pay for an online order with PayPal and return an item in-store, they issue you a store credit now. Not sure how that's legal, but it's a store credit that can only be used in-store. They used to at least do a gift card that could be used online.

Monsy

It can be used online. I recently wanted to return something i paid with paypal and they gave me gift card. i used it online again.

Latest posts