All Things Sephora

boschicka

Has this been addressed here already? My memory is terrible.
If you pay for an online order with PayPal and return an item in-store, they issue you a store credit now. Not sure how that's legal, but it's a store credit that can only be used in-store. They used to at least do a gift card that could be used online.

People are flipping about this issue in the Sephora forums. :popc1:

Alysse011

Totally agree. A lot of brands I use are not carried at Ulta or it's carried at both, so it was always better for me to use Sephora. However I'm starting to get back into department store buying especially since Neiman Marcus frequently offer $50 of $200 promotions and I'm thinking about getting a CC so I can start getting points but I loath department store cards so I'm still on the fence with that. Not to mention a lot of the brands are now offering better and frequent deals shopping directly through them, so I have started checking the brand website before I order from Sephora.
The gifts continue to be crap at Sephora so I don't even care about the points anymore. The only thing I like is the gift card option they added and that's not enough to make me be loyal to them.
I've also been considering a NM card. They have the best ebates, frequent discounts or gift cards with purchase, and a large selection. I also have a SA I use there, and she always hooks me up with generous samples. I agree with you though - I loathe department store cards, so I haven't taken the plunge yet.

Alysse011

Has this been addressed here already? My memory is terrible.
If you pay for an online order with PayPal and return an item in-store, they issue you a store credit now. Not sure how that's legal, but it's a store credit that can only be used in-store. They used to at least do a gift card that could be used online.
Seriously?? I thought it was bad enough when they'd only give you a gift card instead of an actual refund. I stopped using PayPal after my first experience with that. But now you can only use the card in store? That's ridiculous.

elegant-one

I've also been considering a NM card. They have the best ebates, frequent discounts or gift cards with purchase, and a large selection. I also have a SA I use there, and she always hooks me up with generous samples. I agree with you though - I loathe department store cards, so I haven't taken the plunge yet.
I order from NM A LOT!!! :rotfl:Their ebates are usually high.

Sugar & Spice

People are flipping about this issue in the Sephora forums. :popc1:

It must depend on the location/associate because I just made a return using paypal on-line and got a giftcard back in store. Luckily I made another order that I used my CC with and I'm going to return that order when I receive it and buy everything back on the giftcard. It really sucks that you can't get your refund back through paypal because paypal charges them a fee when they have to return credit to accounts. Sephora might as well end their contract with paypal as most are not going to use the paypal option if they can't get returns back to their account.

boschicka

It must depend on the location/associate because I just made a return using paypal on-line and got a giftcard back in store. Luckily I made another order that I used my CC with and I'm going to return that order when I receive it and buy everything back on the giftcard. It really sucks that you can't get your refund back through paypal because paypal charges them a fee when they have to return credit to accounts. Sephora might as well end their contract with paypal as most are not going to use the paypal option if they can't get returns back to their account.
I think you're right about location/associate. And yes, if Sephora won't honor PayPal as a normal form of payment/returns, then they should do away with it. Also, businesses should fight that PayPal nonsense about fees on returns/refunds.

elegant-one

Oh boy, my ebates just came through & I chose the Sephora perk. Only 7% percent though, but I chose it. Now I don't know what to get.

fur4elise

I ordered another bottle of the Caudalie Essence, a mini lancome eyelash primer, Shisedo's facial cotton, and the Tatcha Dewy Skin after going through two samples just to be sure (it's good y'all). Then I went in store to get the new Fenty Highlighter duo, another pack of Shisedo's facial cotton and the Marc Jacobs lash primer. People have been raving about that MJ lash primer so I'll try it tomorrow, but I am a bit skeptical tbh. Before the sale is over I plan on getting that Sunday Riley High Dose Retinol because I have been loving my sample of it and I keep going back and forth on that Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Finish pressed powder. Some brown girls rave about it, but I am kinda down on that brand because I feel like brown people are an afterthought there. We'll see.

I meant to comment on this, but got distracted:eek:

I love the MJ Velvet Noir mascara, so as soon as this primer was announced, I wanted to give it a go. I recently bought it on sale from MJ. It is good stuff. That being said, I already have long, thick eyelashes...so for me the primer helps prep my lashes for mascara. The outcome is almost like having falsies. One of the Sephora MUA actually asked me where I got my lashes done! She was shocked when I told her.

I can also say I get very similar results with the L'Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara Primer & Mascara duo. Lower price point, equally good results. Same question from a different person...are those your real lashes or falsies?

I have also flip flopped and used the L'Oreal primer with the MJ mascara and vice versa. Still pretty happy with the results.

Conclusion, when the MJ products are on sale I will buy them. And in a pinch, I can always fall back on the L'Oreal products . :thumbsup:

fur4elise

Oh boy, my ebates just came through & I chose the Sephora perk. Only 7% percent though, but I chose it. Now I don't know what to get.

Okay...so I am in a quandy...coz' I still have my Sephora / Ebates from last go around. 7% boost is not a lot. Ulta is 10%...and JCP is 15%...

Can we use a JCP giftcard in SiJCP??? Because if that is the case...than that would be the best deal...hmmmm? Choices, choices...

Alysse011

I used my ebates on a mega large bottle of my Bumble and Bumble dry shampoo, a Kaja Moisture Melt Lip Gloss Stick, and a Sephora Melton Lip Click. I thought I was going to make it through the sale without lip a lip product purchase lolz silly me. But I’m pleased because these seem to be nice dupes for the ridiculously expensive Cle de Peau lip luminizers.

VAL4M

Yeah I'm not into Fenty but I did get the new bodylava Trophy Wife to wear for the summer/beach.

Me neither, I just owned 1 liquid lipstick, I tried a couple of sample (foundation (ok) face primer (good but dont need a new one) her lipstick (meh) ) but I really love the idea of mini set of eyeliner of fun colour and I love periwinkle as a colour sooooo

Latest posts