All Things Sephora

Audrey C

They've turned off Canadian orders; after spending two hours filling my cart, having it empty, trying to log in only to hang and then start again, I finally got to checkout. Message is that international checkout is temporarily unavailable. WTH? I"m on the CANADIAN site; shipping to Toronto is not 'international'. Naturally, there's no message when you get to the site to warn you not to bother proceeding.

Update: Called in to place the order; they can't do that either. No international orders at all. She said that she's not sure why they don't work. I suggested that someone made the call to turn Canada off to reduce volume since it was clear that their servers couldn't handle what was coming in and got a bit of stammering as a response. "Oh, no I'm sure it's not that." I ain't buyin.

I only went back to pick up a fragrance for my daughter; I'll get it at Shoppers with my $20 off a purchase of $75 or 18,500 bonus Shoppers points (worth $25).

kait0

So yesterday I returned the orangey brown mini Glace and bought the full sized one. I am officially obsessed, it is so gorgeous! And so different from the mini!!!!! It's crazy, the full sized version is perfection to me
heart.gif
Nice! The full size glace really is pretty. I returned my mini too :(

commandolando

Has any on else tried to place an order from Canada? The site was down until 2 this afternoon...then when I was finally able to log in & finalize my order, there's an error msg saying they can't ship internationally...also, the Dior cream shadow I was swooning over is now sold out. Worst. Day. Ever.

boschicka

I went to Beauty.com to buy Almeria during their 20% off sale since it sold out with Sephora and found this oddness instead

http://www.beauty.com/nars-blush-ukraine/qxp531325?catid=25272&N=0

UKRAINE? Am I out of the loop? What's that? Am I taking crazy pills?

commandolando

They've turned off Canadian orders; after spending two hours filling my cart, having it empty, trying to log in only to hang and then start again, I finally got to checkout. Message is that international checkout is temporarily unavailable. WTH? I"m on the CANADIAN site; shipping to Toronto is not 'international'. Naturally, there's no message when you get to the site to warn you not to bother proceeding. Update: Called in to place the order; they can't do that either. No international orders at all. She said that she's not sure why they don't work. I suggested that someone made the call to turn Canada off to reduce volume since it was clear that their servers couldn't handle what was coming in and got a bit of stammering as a response. "Oh, no I'm sure it's not that." I ain't buyin. I only went back to pick up a fragrance for my daughter; I'll get it at Shoppers with my $20 off a purchase of $75 or 18,500 bonus Shoppers points (worth $25).
Omg...its been such a nightmare. Isn't international overseas!?! They should extend this sale...I was in an online waiting room from 9 pm last night until this afternoon..I felt like I was trying to place an order from MAC!

Vineetha

Does anyone who placed their order today still has the status as "Placed" instead of "Sent to warehouse" ?? Usually the orders never stay in the "placed" status for long and other orders that I placed on 5th does show as "sent to warehouse/hipped though!! whatever I have ordered is now OOS & unavailable at stores near me. So really dont want a OOS notice :(
th_dunno.gif

BriarRose

This has got to be the biggest pain in the behind I have ever experienced in terms of trying to place a simple makeup order anywhere (I skipped the Rihanna MAC collections and thus was spared from those debacles). I got online at 3:10pm ET to order the UD holiday lipsticks set and one measly UD eyeliner, and I couldn't successfully check out until 5 minutes to 5.

Like others mentioned, once you're let in the site, as long as you don't go idle for an extended period, you should be able to finish browsing and adding things to your cart and check out. But no. Instead, all I could manage after 40 minutes of waiting just to get in was to add the lipsticks to cart and then bring the UD main page back up. Clicked on the eyeliners, right back to waiting page. Sent back to the main UD page when I got back in, accidentally clicked on the wrong eyeliner, went back to the main page and booted again. Finally got back in, got the eyeliner I wanted (Freak, to use with my Electric palette), made it to the "Add Samples" part of checkout and booted again. Absolutely asinine.

On the upside, at least we can all sympathize with each other and have this lovely corner of the makeup world to vent.

smileyt06

Final haul for me that I just made finally, although I haven't received my confirmation yet Nars translucent setting powder in the palette Becca perfector brush Smash box double exposure palette And my holiday bag, I'm done for the most part gotta save for the 5 collection hourglass eyeshadow palettes for January

sosandie

futurestrength

Has any on else tried to place an order from Canada? The site was down until 2 this afternoon...then when I was finally able to log in & finalize my order, there's an error msg saying they can't ship internationally...also, the Dior cream shadow I was swooning over is now sold out. Worst. Day. Ever.
This whole sale has been such a joke, I'm so PO'ed. It's like they don't realize I'm trying to give them my money lol

smallestkitten

Oh man, I don't know what's going on with Sephora at the moment but the way they're handling issues is terrible. It seems like they're randomly freezing a ton of accounts with Chinese/Taiwanese names in case they're resellers? Some of the people complaining on the FB page have hotmail/gmail addresses, not Chinese ones, so it's definitely not a blanket ban on accounts from one domain. And the sephora homepage is now saying "oops! this page no longer exists". Seriously cannot believe what a mess they are at the moment.

The website received too much traffic from the around the world and the server crashed. Alot of the people complaining did not even attempt to call Sephora to place the order, nor ask if they can get a credit or gift card to buy an item later. Some did attempt to contact CS and did not get a resolution over the phone. Some of the complaints are because people wanted to use two promos/coupons on one order. People freak out about some of the most trivial things. It just makeup people. No one died and you're life is not ruined.

I'm a VIB rouge member, most of the items I wanted was available some like the Nars audacious lipsticks were not(not to worry I"m sure Narscosmetics.com will have friend/family sale within the next month). Urban Decay just had their friends/family last at ud.com. They always do. If not, then I can order from Sephora again using the ebates cash back option.

Medgal07

I got that adorable Besame Violet Powder today
love.gif
Its SO lovely on the skin. It gives a matte flawless slight brightening skin-evening look. The smell kind of goes away after awhile. I was really disappointed that it did not come in that beautiful red container that it shows on the site. This one has a violet top with a cream doily look. The box it comes in has such an adorable vintage label look.

THIS IS FOR MY SISTER MEDDY: When I opened the container, there is a seal over the powder holes & I was scraping & pulling at the tab like crazy with my tweezers & it would NOT pull up......duh, I didn't pull the plastic lid open first so I was scratching & pulling at clear plastic instead of the seal.
amuse.gif
I immediately thought of your Meteorites lid!!!!! HAHAHA!!!!
rofl.gif
th_roll1.gif

old eyes is my guess
girlhaha.gif

I also got that red freebie kit - slapped on the KVD gloss
icon_eek.gif
warning.....it was all over my teeth & gums
lol.gif
dang its messy. The color is really pretty
tong.gif
though
lol.gif
How did I miss this?
lmao.gif
Oh God I'm laughing, coughing & choking. That was priceless! I will never forget it----and you won't let me either
lmao.gif
lol.gif
bratty little
sister!!! I could smell my balls but I couldn't see my balls because I couldn't open my balls!

novocainedreams

WOW I don't know what is going on with Sephora but it's seriously all a big joke at this point. Now I can finally access the site and the items I want are out of stock. Seriously the worst sales event they've ever done.

beautyjunkie12

WOW I don't know what is going on with Sephora but it's seriously all a big joke at this point. Now I can finally access the site and the items I want are out of stock. Seriously the worst sales event they've ever done.
I got so fed up too that I shopped elsewhere online. Actually spent far more than originally planned because I was upset over this stupid nightmare. And to read of Asia beauties getting their accounts locked and not getting a clear reason as to why...I'm pretty much done making Sephora rich.lol

LavenderPearl

I'm so confused, too, because it's only for VIBR/VIBs this year. So shouldn't there (likely) be less traffic? You're keeping the true junkies, but losing a lot of the extra casual shoppers...? o_O;

Latest posts