All Things Sephora

NaomiH

In a word Depends
th_kiss.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by SassyWonder

Can't afford those, must buy makeup!
th_roll1.gif

thefbomb

I cant believe how long some of you waited, I dont know if I'd have the patience.
I went today and it VIB Rouge. I think I seriously need to ease up now. I should try a low/no buy.
Only buy LE MAC items that I LOVE ;)
th_devil.gif

anyway
th_thb5ed765e.gif
I picked up a few christmas items for my sister, I got her a few of the Bite minis, the violet/palomino one, I have it and like it so I picked it up for her since she's getting into lipstick a lot now. I also got her the matte lip pencil one in Maraschino (I also got 2 more possibly 1 for myself and 1 for maybe my mom, although she doesnt wear lipstick). Lastly I picked up the NARS Laguna/Orgasm duo for her. I know its like a cult fav and I eyed it a lot before my bf bought me the Guy Bourdin set last year. She told me she wants to get into contouring, I know thats not the perfect product for that but I think its a nice way to get your blush/bronzer in.

Aside from those I bought:

NARS Audacious Lipsticks- Greta & Fanny
NARS Blush- Gaiety & Mata Hari (thought about getting Desire but it might be dupeable, also thought about Sex Appeal but it was just so light)
Formula X- Alchemy
Tarte Blush- Tipsy

NaomiH

I cant believe how long some of you waited, I dont know if I'd have the patience.
I went today and it VIB Rouge. I think I seriously need to ease up now. I should try a low/no buy.
Only buy LE MAC items that I LOVE ;)
th_devil.gif

anyway
th_thb5ed765e.gif
I picked up a few christmas items for my sister, I got her a few of the Bite minis, the violet/palomino one, I have it and like it so I picked it up for her since she's getting into lipstick a lot now. I also got her the matte lip pencil one in Maraschino (I also got 2 more possibly 1 for myself and 1 for maybe my mom, although she doesnt wear lipstick). Lastly I picked up the NARS Laguna/Orgasm duo for her. I know its like a cult fav and I eyed it a lot before my bf bought me the Guy Bourdin set last year. She told me she wants to get into contouring, I know thats not the perfect product for that but I think its a nice way to get your blush/bronzer in.

Aside from those I bought:

NARS Audacious Lipsticks- Greta & Fanny
NARS Blush- Gaiety & Mata Hari (thought about getting Desire but it might be dupeable, also thought about Sex Appeal but it was just so light)
Formula X- Alchemy
Tarte Blush- Tipsy
Nice haul!
flower.gif

honey on boost

​When time starts marching it marches all over your face, so it's good to start early.

I'm 61 and I don't harbor a single wrinkle---not sure how that happen but it's true.

You know it!
friends.gif

I don't go to places where one might get carded, but I have had doctors start to enter the examining room and
say, "Oh sorry," and walk back out. This happened most recently in April. The physician did this twice, checked
w/his staff & came back in and said, "Are you really 60 years old?" he, my husband and I burst into laughter.
I loved every minute of it!! I turned 61 in July.

Because you probably look mature/sophisticated--not old. When I was younger people often thought I was older
because I appeared sophisticated----emphasis on 'appeared'
girlhaha.gif
lmao.gif
I don't blame him! I was in shock too!

Icecaramellatte

times square (if one doesn't have chances are the other location will), meatpacking (which is farther from where your staying) soho (solely because of the MUFE boutique) and 34th Herald Square (I like that the skincare is on the 2nd floor). Those seem to be the ones that have a variety and are updated more frequently.
Definitely go to Columbus Circle. It is only a few blocks away from Lincoln Center They have brands that aren't available online like Giorgio Armani makeup. The only thing is . . . they may be out of stuff. That store was filled up for the rsvp for the VIBRouge event so I went to the store on 76th and Broadway.

laurennnxox

They don't need to look anything up online if you have your receipt. Take that in with you.
I appreciate the feedback, not sure if you saw my earlier clarification post-- but I did have my receipt (the packing slip since it was ordered online), and the register would scan the barcode and give them an error since the systems were having problems. :( I'll just go back in a few days. Could have used the reimbursement on this current CC statement though.

walkingdead

[COLOR=0000FF]I attempted to circumvent the madness to get one last beauty item by doing a price-match at Nordies.   I was told by Nordies that it has to be an item that is on sale for the entire public, and visible as such online---not just for VIB or VIBR[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]:dunno: [/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF]I said, does it count or matter that it feels like the entire public knows, because the Sephora web site crashed.[/COLOR] :haha:
LOL! I was about to contact Nordies tonight to try to get a price match on the Nars Almedia blush

shontay07108

I'm kinda thinking I should go in tomorrow right when Sephora opens and try my luck, but I'm also kinda thinking that I will want to jump out of the nearest window because it'll be crowded. Decisions, decisions.

DeeDee2013

I'm kinda thinking I should go in tomorrow right when Sephora opens and try my luck, but I'm also kinda thinking that I will want to jump out of the nearest window because it'll be crowded. Decisions, decisions.
It shouldn't be crowded if you go as soon as they open. Got for it!

honey b

After my visit to a few Sephora's yesterday, I just checked my status and I am $17 away from VIB rouge!!! It's a little disconcerting since I just renewed my vib status at the beginning of October! how did I spend that much in less than a month and a half? Well I have to go for Rouge now and I might as well do it during the sale! Is there any must have item you guys could recommend for a brownish blonde haired, bluish-green eyed NW 20 (in Mac foundation)? I'm open to lip, eye or cheek products.

shontay07108

It shouldn't be crowded if you go as soon as they open.  Got for it! 
Yeah, hopefully I can drag my ass there. I need a foundation and I'm pretty sure my shade will be there. I want a Bite lip pencil and I'm wondering if people snatched all those things up. I'm also afraid to look at the MUFE shadows. The selection was already scarce before the sale. I'm really trying to take advantage of this sale and it's not working. :lol:

shontay07108

After my visit to a few Sephora's yesterday, I just checked my status and I am $17 away from VIB rouge!!!  It's a little disconcerting since I just renewed my vib status at the beginning of October!  how did I spend that much in less than a month and a half?  Well I have to go for Rouge now and I might as well do it during the sale!  Is there any must have item you guys could recommend for a brownish blonde haired, bluish-green eyed NW 20 (in Mac foundation)?  I'm open to lip, eye or cheek products. 
Grab a MUFE HD blush. That'll cover the $17.

charismafulltv

I got my dark room, love the look of it. I'll swatch it tomorrow. We are about to go out eat supper and watch interstellar. Date night!!!