All Things Sephora

Icecaramellatte

I went a bit overboard at the VIB Rouge event. Surprise, surprise. I kind of fell into the hype and got some things that weren't originally on my list. I had planned to get just the Ardency Inn shadows and Dior Cuir Cannage but ended up with a bunch more.

I bought a load of Ardency Inn. Too many I think. I did get the Royal color that @DILLIGAF bought and raved over (didn't plan that one). It is really pretty. Hey Dilligaf don't you have the MUFE Star 92?? is it?? the Purple one as well as the new MUFE 922. How is it different from those?

Oh and I bought the Algenist Genius cream, a bunch of Nars. I've been on an Instagram kick and one of the the people I follow was raving over Jane. I saw it last week and liked it but wondered if it was for me. Well, the instagrammer (what do you call them?? not bloggers but. . . ) encouraged me and it doesn't take much. Love it! Also got Almeria blush due to everyone talking about it. I really liked it but wondered if I have something similar. I probably do but I've worn it for 2 days now. Also bought Femme Fleur. Very nice everyday lipstick. A perfume I didn't need that I know smells like BonBon that I already have but I keep looking at at whenever I go in Sephora. Bite lip wipes - I've been wearing lipsticks lately that leave a stain so I thought I'd try these. I think that is it.

Oh and I bought Vintage Gold eye shadow from Ardency Inn but I have to return it. I couldn't decide if I should get it as it looked similar to other colors and it didn't have that sheen that many of the shadows have but looked pretty yet familiar. I tried it on and decided "oh why not." Well, I get home and there is tons of gold micro glitter all over my face that I couldn't see at the store. So back it goes.

Oh and I went to the 76th and Broadway store in Manhattan and they had some really nice treats. Much nicer than the Yonkers store's event that I went to the last time they had a rouge event. Yonkers had coffee with only sugar substitute. Don't use that so I had it plain and some entemann (spelling) still wrapped in the plastic and only a few of them. Well, I was really surprised to see this store had 2 kinds of Cake pops, brownies and a really big, huge chocolate cookie plus chocolate wrapped candy. Oh and some sparkling fruit drink (grape maybe). I stopped there first and got a pink and chocolate cake pop, small piece of brownie. and a cookie. I wanted to try it all. Well the pink cake pop was so good. But when I finished it, I felt so full. I had gone home and ate dinner before heading down there. I felt so bad for taking so much. Nobody was eating any of it though. Just me walking around with a plate of food. Well, there was no way I was throwing that out. So I went to the front and wrapped it up in a napkin and this lady came in and got a cake pop and gave me a look like I was so low class. What was I to do, throw it out? I ate the chocolate cake pop the next day. So yummy. I know I was in the original Broadway store last summer or so and had a cake pop there for some event. I think it was the Ashley and Mary Kate fragrance release or something. It was the first time I had a cake pop. Great idea. I wonder who came up with it. I guess Yonkers needs to get with the program.

I was just thinking. No one was eating the food or drinking anything. If it was a Mac event, they would have eaten everything before the server came all the way out from the back. Sometimes I think people are there for just the food and drinks and not really into buying anything. Maybe it was because they were nonalcoholic drinks. I don't know it just seemed like a very different crowd from the Mac events.

Prettypackages

I attempted to circumvent the madness to get one last beauty item by doing a price-match at Nordies. I was told by Nordies that it has to be an item that is on sale for the entire public, and visible as such online---not just for VIB or VIBR
th_dunno.gif
I said, does it count or matter that it feels like the entire public knows, because the Sephora web site crashed.
girlhaha.gif
You are funny!

I am not sure I'm going to head to the stores or not, but I'm like I can really save, if I buy NOTHING LOL

Speaking of wrinkles. I can't tell if I'm getting them or not. When I smile, I have the crows feet type and the ones under my eye but they aren't there when I don't smile. Does that count? I don't know why it is stressing me out right now. It was that kind of day. LOL
SOOOO What should I use?

Medgal07

After my visit to a few Sephora's yesterday, I just checked my status and I am $17 away from VIB rouge!!! It's a little disconcerting since I just renewed my vib status at the beginning of October! how did I spend that much in less than a month and a half? Well I have to go for Rouge now and I might as well do it during the sale! Is there any must have item you guys could recommend for a brownish blonde haired, bluish-green eyed NW 20 (in Mac foundation)? I'm open to lip, eye or cheek products.
I agree w/the blush that Shontay suggested. Some are $25 & some $26. 20% off would get you down to about $21 (20.80 ) plus whatever your state tax happens to be.

Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108

Yeah, hopefully I can drag my ass there. I need a foundation and I'm pretty sure my shade will be there. I want a Bite lip pencil and I'm wondering if people snatched all those things up. I'm also afraid to look at the MUFE shadows. The selection was already scarce before the sale. I'm really trying to take advantage of this sale and it's not working.
lol.gif
lol.gif
lmao.gif

elegant-one

I peed. We make a great couple
lol.gif
thud.gif
I was just going to post that I can no longer read your posts with out DEPENDS on.

I seriously almost peed my pants after I learned that I was scratching at a clear plastic cap.....& then thought of your lid!!!!!
rofl.gif
sweatdrop.gif

Imma gonna need vampire merlot drinkS tonight............

Medgal07

Speaking of wrinkles. I can't tell if I'm getting them or not. When I smile, I have the crows feet type and the ones under my eye but they aren't there when I don't smile. Does that count? I don't know why it is stressing me out right now. It was that kind of day. LOL
SOOOO What should I use?
girlhaha.gif
Aren't they called laugh lines? I won't worry when I get those because I will have earned them. Yes, the ones around the eye are crows feet. Maybe you can
research yoga facial exercises. Dry skin is more prone to wrinkle, but it's a bit more complex than that. I know you have a dermatologist that you trust, and he/she
can make sound suggestions based on what they see, and not what you describe to people who can't see you.

Medgal07

thud.gif
I was just going to post that I can no longer read your posts with out DEPENDS on.

I seriously almost peed my pants after I learned that I was scratching at a clear plastic cap.....& then thought of your lid!!!!!
rofl.gif
sweatdrop.gif

Imma gonna need vampire merlot drinkS tonight............
lol.gif
Oh me...this has been a fun day here on this thread!
lol.gif
I can't stop laughing.
lol.gif

KiKi Kontour

Oh Kiki I'm so passionate about getting cash back. I forgot to use Ebates once so I called and canceled my order and resubmitted it w/Ebates
icon_eek.gif

i started to do JUST that but then I was thinkin Sephora prolly already snatched the funds on hold in my acct and I aint want 2 separate holds. its only $5 but hell its $5 mo dollaz than I started wit **le sigh** I gotta remember to use my dmn ebates!!

Quote: Originally Posted by charismafulltv

I got my dark room, love the look of it. I'll swatch it tomorrow. We are about to go out eat supper and watch interstellar. Date night!!!
mmmm dark room!!! im passin on all dark vampy red-burgundy-ish lippies! but I do want space cake, idgaf and blow....i'll wait for a blk Friday or holiday sale of free shippin or something shyt!!

Sandy072

[COLOR=0000FF]Oh Kiki I'm so passionate about getting cash back.  I forgot to use Ebates once so I called and canceled my order and resubmitted it w/Ebates:shock: [/COLOR]
me too!!! The commitment is real!
After my visit to a few Sephora's yesterday, I just checked my status and I am $17 away from VIB rouge!!!  It's a little disconcerting since I just renewed my vib status at the beginning of October!  how did I spend that much in less than a month and a half?  Well I have to go for Rouge now and I might as well do it during the sale!  Is there any must have item you guys could recommend for a brownish blonde haired, bluish-green eyed NW 20 (in Mac foundation)?  I'm open to lip, eye or cheek products. 
Foundation is good to stock up on but if you want something "fun" I've been loving nars doucouer blush for work, I am nc20. Also picked up the bite mini in lychee/musk a few weeks ago, it's so so good and both sides are natural MLBB.

cjay

Stay away from Union Square, that place was sold out of a lot yesterday. I'm going to pop into 18th street and fifth today.
Union Square was the only store with the Bobbi Brown Bronze glow in stock but they did sell out of so much... I'm trying to hunt down Liv Nars lipstick

cjay

HA. For reallll! Be proud. Very proud!

You've worked hard spending your money to make this happen. At least thats what I tell myself :p

And now you can go to the VIB Rouge events. They are a nice way to check out merchandise and get pampered without the hassle of everyday shoppers.
Try the one in Meatpacking... Also they just opened one on 60th and Lexington I haven't been yet but my friend did and they had a lot of stuff in stock.... I usually go to Meatpacking when I'm looking for something because its so far west that most people don't bother going that far IME... They almost always have what I'm looking for..

Medgal07

Foundation is good to stock up on but if you want something "fun" I've been loving nars doucouer blush for work, I am nc20. Also picked up the bite mini in lychee/musk a few weeks ago, it's so so good and both sides are natural MLBB.
friends.gif

shontay07108

Who's saying the sale is too short? That's the same thing I thought when I found out the dates. You'd think it would be two pay periods long (which is usually 2 weeks) to really bring in the money. Look at the way I'm struggling to find something to buy. I'm sure there's tons of people with long lists and not enough/time money to get in on it.

Dolly Snow

Who's saying the sale is too short? That's the same thing I thought when I found out the dates. You'd think it would be two pay periods long (which is usually 2 weeks) to really bring in the money. Look at the way I'm struggling to find something to buy. I'm sure there's tons of people with long lists and not enough/time money to get in on it.
I agree, it took me back a bit. Why so short, I mean they would make more money extending it.

pretty_melody

I agree, it took me back a bit. Why so short, I mean they would make more money extending it.
Definitely! I'd be more inclined to buy more things if it lasted longer, I'm just gonna wait on the nars stuff when they have their friends and family sale. You all make those audacious lipsticks sound like the lipstick of angels.
heart.gif

KiKi Kontour

I thought I was the only one who noticed the short time period. liiiiiike really Sephora...6-10
icon_eek.gif
I could've sworn when they normally have such sales it last at least a whole week. I know them dmn after xmas sales are more than 4 days cuz I be ordering online AND takin my azz to the stores smh!!

Those Nars audacious joints is ON MY LIST on both Sephora and nordies...preferably nordies cuz they normally have nars sales 10% off sometimes!! Fanny n Vera I want. I swatch em EVERY time I go to Sephora and they feel soooo good so I can only imagine how they would glide across my lips!! im slooooowly but surely replacing mac with high end lippies!!