All Things Sephora

pbpink

Yeah I heard its great for oily skin but I dont think my skin is very oily, MAYBE combo at the most

Very true. Im not too fond of many layers on myself. I just want a flawless look that I see many people with foundation having haha

Funny enough Im at work and a friend who is a MUA just came in and we were chatting about foundation and she was telling me I dont really need it because I have nice "porcelain" skin. She said if anything just try a BB cream. So maybe if anything, that's what i'll stick to
i know you said you don't like liquid but there are some new ones that are way lighter than BB creams (i was using too) charlotte tilbury has wonder light, may be worth a try - when i use foundation i put a drop straight on my MJ face 2 brush (LOVE this brush way better than my TF brush that does same) and dot it around face then lightly smooth with brush and i never feel like i have an ounce of m/u on, if i did i wouldn't wear it! beauty professor has swatches...its around $50 but will last forever if you use dots!!

thebloomroom

guerlain reformulated the pearls this year in the regular line, according to G SA, one of the major complaints was that they were not glittery enough so G made regular line with more sparkles - holiday pearls are made each year with different colors and packaging and different amounts of glitter but this year's is mellow - i use a skunk brush to apply and only in certain lights could you really tell of a few faint glitter dots (if even) but i would say it's the same concept as the ambient powders but i think better at least for me! i think the LE would work well on your skin tone and its something you have to try almost to understand and see! i saw a you tube "beauty guru" get them for 1st time and she couldn't believe she had never had before!

the holiday ones are in gold tins and are LE's, you may be able to get nordies to PM, they are still on sephora (but sold out online but picture appears) so perhaps they would honor the 20%? worth a shot!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/guerlain-meteorites-perles-detoile-limited-edition/3869691?origin=PredictiveSearch

i find them very subtle + being a G lover for a long time, I think these are my fave ever LE ones! (they do every christmas, i think 20 years, not sure but a long time! some years better than others) they are also scented like violet.......

i say go for it if you have never tried, a friend bought them who had used one of the hourglass powders and she's now obsessed w/G pearls! you don't really go back ever once you go there, you know what i mean?!?
You are awesome!! I'll head to sephora today and see if I can find the LE, otherwise might just get them from Nordstrom.. 12 dollars isn't too severe of a difference for a great product IMO. I have seen the regular ones and they are way too damn glittery. is the Guerlain brush worth it?

thefbomb

i know you said you don't like liquid but there are some new ones that are way lighter than BB creams (i was using too) charlotte tilbury has wonder light, may be worth a try - when i use foundation i put a drop straight on my MJ face 2 brush (LOVE this brush way better than my TF brush that does same) and dot it around face then lightly smooth with brush and i never feel like i have an ounce of m/u on, if i did i wouldn't wear it! beauty professor has swatches...its around $50 but will last forever if you use dots!!
Thanks for that info! I will look into it! Ive been wanting to check out some CT makeup

pbpink

You are awesome!! I'll head to sephora today and see if I can find the LE, otherwise might just get them from Nordstrom.. 12 dollars isn't too severe of a difference for a great product IMO. I have seen the regular ones and they are way too damn glittery. is the Guerlain brush worth it?
no on the brush! the guerlain brush is scratchy!

make sure your sephora carries guerlain as i have 3 stores around but only 1 has them and i have always have to ask for holiday pearls, they always seem to keep in back.....

Monsy

they might seem glittery but when applied all over the face they are not glittery at all

and holiday ones do have slightly more golden glitter than the regular permanent ones

Medgal07

Of course!!
lmao.gif
"everything is used so i am not a hoarder!! "
Yay!!!I have 3 pending orders with them. I hope they are not waiting for the sale to be over to send out of stock notices!!
icon_eek.gif
​Oh we manage to fit it in at some point in time don't we------even if it's via a fun makeup challenge. I was feeling awkward about all of my eyeshadow palettes so I
decided to use a different palette everyday for a month. I felt better---then purchased more!

Oh I hope that doesn't happen!!!! That would not be cool!!! I didn't order the most sought after-popular stuff which is why I think I got my orders in a day.

DILLIGAF

I'm probably the only one who doesn't like Sleek. I bought two palettes when I was in London this summer and gave both away to teenagers. I thought they performed like what they are; relatively inexpensive drugstore makeup. I have a lot of shadows (mostly MAC, UD and Inglot) and Sleek didn't even come close, IMO. It was no great loss because they were very inexpensive and the kids were thrilled to get 'British makeup' and rush home to Instagram their loot, but I'd never buy from the brand again.
What pallets did you get? I will say that the Original Palette and some of the earlier ones are some what glittery and not to great. However I've found that the later ones like V1 & V2 are amazing. Also their blushes and lipsticks are worth way more than they cost. Hopefully you will try Sleek again and find something you like.

DILLIGAF

I'm waiting for my online order to get here before I take pics of my haul. I have a package arriving tomorrow.

Medgal07

make sure your sephora carries guerlain as i have 3 stores around but only 1 has them and i have always have to ask for holiday pearls, they always seem to keep in back.....
iagree.gif
I don't have the brush that's for the perles, but I have the bronzer brush which is just like it, only a different color. I use it w/the bronzer, it does the job and holds
up well w/daily washing, but for me the quality is questionable.. I just expected more from Guerlain. Save your coins!!!

Audrey C

Mufe Rouge Artists in 40

I remember when they carried Bourjois. I loved their lipglosses. Back when I wore lipglosses, I found them to be pretty without being sticky.

What pallets did you get? I will say that the Original Palette and some of the earlier ones are some what glittery and not to great. However I've found that the later ones like V1 & V2 are amazing. Also their blushes and lipsticks are worth way more than they cost. Hopefully you will try Sleek again and find something you like.
I found both palettes very glittery; that's why I didn't keep them. I had Garden of Eden and Original. I did get a Makeup Revolution palette that performs better (although I confess never wear it); I bought Redemption Palette Essential Shimmers. My daughters got some of the MUR palettes as well and like them; they offer great value for the price.

thebloomroom

Got any brush suggestions? My sephora is a flagship (SF store, the company is HQ'd here) but I have never seen the holiday sets out so I'll call them and ask! Thank you both for your help you have been awesome

Monsy

I like to use MAC 134 brush with Guerlain balls. And you can maybe try the 04 I think from the permanent line they are slightly darker and not so glittery.

pbpink

thats good to hear. glittery face just reminds me of the horrible glitter lotion everyone used to use in the 90s/easy 00s. Golden works better for me since I am darker w/ yellow undertones!
Got any brush suggestions? My sephora is a flagship (SF store, the company is HQ'd here) but I have never seen the holiday sets out so I'll call them and ask! Thank you both for your help you have been awesome
i use a skunk brush - a mac 187 or a chanel 7

(think these both cost around the same but i don't think these are worth the money, put $ toward a Hakuhodo or TF brush)

anything that is not too dense would work.....i give the tin a shake then open + twirl brush around (it's fun!)

the real techniques kabuki looks close to the guerlain one but it says bronzer so not sure how dense it is, i have not tried any of these yet but pretty sure they would work well.....i don't know sephora's brush lines either, they may have some too that would be in the sale....

http://www.target.com/p/real-techniques-retractable-bronzer-brush/-/A-16230804#prodSlot=medium_1_20&term=Real+Techniques

http://www.target.com/p/real-techniques-stippling-brush/-/A-14509517#prodSlot=medium_1_7&term=Real+Techniques

Audrey C

I use the MAC 136 with my pearls. I am a complete glitterphobe which is why it took me so long to actually try these. I'd heavily swatched the perm ones in Sephora on my hand and thought they were a glitterfest. Much to my surprise, when I tried the Medium pearls on my face with a fluffy brush, the glitter doesn't translate; I'm just left with a glow.

I really recommend that people try these out using the brush they'd use; the pearls (at least the ones I have) do not leave visible glitter on the face.

honey on boost

Mufe Rouge Artists in 40

I remember when they carried Bourjois. I loved their lipglosses. Back when I wore lipglosses, I found them to be pretty without being sticky.

Their blushes are intense
icon_eek.gif
I barely touch them with my brush and it's plenty. I also love the few matte lippies that I have.

honey on boost

FAB is having a friends and family sale right now for 30% off. I'm glad I didn't submit the last Sephora order I had sitting in my cart.

dash4

I made another order earlier today when Becca's Sweet Pea blush came back in stock briefly... I also picked up Damselfy and Gypsy..

Has anyone seen Bobbi Brown's Scotch on the Rocks in Pink Glow at their sephora?

I saw the bronze glow and wasn't interested but I just saw a girl talk about the Pink Glow on youtube..and now I want it.. It's not on Sephora's site but I did see the bronze glow in a store a few days ago...hmmm.