All Things Sephora

awickedshape

I plan to order it at the end of the week and will definitely keep you posted! I honestly didn't even know Good Genes was the "corresponding" SR product. I'm tempted to try SR, but I've been eyeing Yuli for longer haha. I'll update you though! @awickedshape my list dwindled down to one item too, and I'm not even 100% sure on it. I think I'm going to get a cheek pop.
[@]Alysse011[/@] the cheek pops look cool. I'm in less and less of a hurry to get my item every day lol

Twinkle_Twinkle

Me wonders if the new Hourglass Ambient Bronzers will have the same effect on deep/dark complexions that the Ambient Lighting Powders have on fairer skintones….?

It definitely isn't going to be dark enough to work as a bronzer for a lot of WOC but it would be really nice to have a product that could be used more liberally (instead of only on the high planes of the face) than the current Ambient Lighting Powders (I never got into them because the potential for ashiness was so high). I hope it translates to a springtime pearlescent, ethereal glow for darker WOC.

v0ltagekid

Me wonders if the new Hourglass Ambient Bronzers will have the same effect on deep/dark complexions that the Ambient Lighting Powders have on fairer skintones….?

It definitely isn't going to be dark enough to work as a bronzer for a lot of WOC but it would be really nice to have a product that could be used more liberally (instead of only on the high planes of the face) than the current Ambient Lighting Powders (I never got into them because the potential for ashiness was so high). I hope it translates to a springtime pearlescent, ethereal glow for darker WOC.
That's definitely interesting, maybe it could be like that!

boschicka

What's that one item.?

Hi @DILLIGAF
I'm wavering between GA Flannel eye tint and MJ Mahogany lip creme. Flannel is winning but I'm not feeling excited for the sale anymore
What changed for you? I've been all over the place with this sale. But of course, my cart is now over $500.
sigh.gif

awickedshape

What changed for you?  I've been all over the place with this sale.  But of course, my cart is now over $500. :sigh:
I had about $300 worth in the cart at the beginning of the year lol I've been making an effort to have my stash in a particular way and now I find myself quite satisfied and hardly "needing" anything lol
Flannel is pure loooove!! I wear it so often. 
Nice! I wanted to use it with Shadow but I've been using Shadow with the black eyeshadow in the Gucci Ocean Rhapsody quad. Who knows how it will go lol

ShareeA

I just tried the new Smashbox Mattifying Primer and I am totally getting it on Sunday. I was so impressed with how it worked with my MUFE Mist and Fix. I did not even have to blot at the end of the 8 hour work day! I didn't crease badly where I normally crease (smile lines, bridge of nose). So impressed. I also have samples of the smoothing and radiant. I didn't feel like the radiant primer was for me with the foundation that I use (Sheer Glow, which I now hate). I do still want to try it with a powder and lighter makeup though so I won't completely write it off. NARS Sheer Glow does not work well with primers btw. It just sits on the skin and eventually breaks up in the ugliest way to me. If you use it on bare skin and set it, it does work better. But my skin is too oily to be doing that.

DLuxJessica

I'm with you on the issues with Sheer Glow foundation. I tried it over so many different primers, BBs, sunscreens, moisturizers, etc. NOTHING made it last longer than about two hours on me. Which made me way sad, because the initial application was GORGEOUS. I do my makeup at 6:30 am for work, and it has to last until around 5 pm when I get home, so I can't have all that sliding off my face mess happening. I finally gave up and moved on.

ETA- I have no idea why it didn't quote you right, @ShareeA ! Sigh... not a good day for technology for me.

laurennnxox

Quote: Originally Posted by ShareeA
I just tried the new Smashbox Mattifying Primer and I am totally getting it on Sunday. I was so impressed with how it worked with my MUFE Mist and Fix. I did not even have to blot at the end of the 8 hour work day! I didn't crease badly where I normally crease (smile lines, bridge of nose). So impressed. I also have samples of the smoothing and radiant. I didn't feel like the radiant primer was for me with the foundation that I use (Sheer Glow, which I now hate). I do still want to try it with a powder and lighter makeup though so I won't completely write it off. NARS Sheer Glow does not work well with primers btw. It just sits on the skin and eventually breaks up in the ugliest way to me. If you use it on bare skin and set it, it does work better. But my skin is too oily to be doing that.

Oooh! I think I'm going to ask for a sample of the mattifying primer. I'm oily, but I feel like most matte primers make my foundations look too flat, dry, and cakey. I have the redness controlling one, and I like it. I think I'm going to pick it up for the sale! I'm trying to decide my in-store list. It wont be much, unfortunately my sephora doesn't carry much.

ShareeA

Oooh! I think I'm going to ask for a sample of the mattifying primer. I'm oily, but I feel like most matte primers make my foundations look too flat, dry, and cakey. I have the redness controlling one, and I like it. I think I'm going to pick it up for the sale! I'm trying to decide my in-store list. It wont be much, unfortunately my sephora doesn't carry much.
Apparently the smoothing one is mattifying as well so get that sample too. Check out this review http://musicalhouses.blogspot.com/2015/03/mufe-step-1-skin-equalizer-primer.html. I also want to try the Nourishing and Hydrating but idk which one to get. It seems like they both do the same things.

laurennnxox

Mine does that sometimes.

Apparently the smoothing one is mattifying as well so get that sample too. Check out this review http://musicalhouses.blogspot.com/2015/03/mufe-step-1-skin-equalizer-primer.html. I also want to try the Nourishing and Hydrating but idk which one to get. It seems like they both do the same things.
WOW! The effect of the smoothing primer on her nose is incredible. I really hope those are not photoshopped, like she claims. I think I might try that one too! Thank you so much for this link.

v0ltagekid

WOW! The effect of the smoothing primer on her nose is incredible. I really hope those are not photoshopped, like she claims. I think I might try that one too! Thank you so much for this link.
I wanted to try that primer so I used the code for it, and they sent the matte one instead, and I have DRY SKIN D:
:'(

MsGlossy

I wanted to try that primer so I used the code for it, and they sent the matte one instead, and I have DRY SKIN D:
:'(
Awww...that sucks! Hopefully, you're able to get a sample in store or redeem on another purchase. If they carried some of these deluxe samples in store you could easily swap it.