All Things Sephora

DLuxJessica

So I shut down the laptop around 10:30 last night and didn't check Specktra at all after that. Decided to pop on around 8:30 this morning after I got to work.

THERE WERE OVER 200 UNREAD POSTS IN THIS THREAD.
holysheep.gif

I don't think I've seen those sorts of numbers except in cases of MAC launch stalking parties, lol. I guess the tail end of a sale and an extended promo code can do that, eh? And pet pictures! (Everyone's kitties and puppies are adorable!) I hope everyone got what they wanted from the sale! I'm loving the few things I picked up. The PTR mascara was, in fact, as good as I remembered. I liked it better than Roller Lash, so RL went back to Ulta this week along with a crap Tarte lash primer and I got another Lancome lash primer instead. I don't know why I ever stray from Cils Booster. I also got a Bobbi Brown shimmer lipstick that's really pretty. The color is Ballerina Shimmer, and it's kind of a MLBB, just a sheer pink with fine gold shimmer.

Anyway, hugs all around! It was fun catching up on all the posts this morning!
grouphug2.gif

SatelliteDrmr

Morning all. Anyone that ordered the MUFE palettes, did you get a shipping notice yet? Most times my Sephora orders will ship within 24 hours, but now it's been a couple of days.

Getting impatient over here
thud.gif

msvluvsmac

I think I might hold on to my Rose Gold SSP after all. It's so pretty on the middle of the face… Only time will tell.
Rose Gold will grow on you, give it a little time. Topaz is my favorite and I almost used the entire bottle but recently I find myself reaching for Rose Gold more.

msvluvsmac

Morning all. Anyone that ordered the MUFE palettes, did you get a shipping notice yet? Most times my Sephora orders will ship within 24 hours, but now it's been a couple of days.

Getting impatient over here
thud.gif
I ordered one at midnight on the last day of the sale and I got my shipment notice at 5:30 pm and then I ordered one yesterday morning around 9 and I didn't get the shipment notice until after 9:30 last night. So one should be delivered today and one tomorrow. I had to call customer service about something yesterday and I was on hold for 10 minutes because they said they had a high call volume. I think everyone has been ordering at the last minute so they may be backed up.

msvluvsmac

Ordering online was tough but the store was easy for me since I go to Target at 8 every Sunday. Just got there at 7:56 this time and there was a line but I didn't want clothes for myself so I was doing the opposite of everyone else. It pretty much sold out by 8:10. I wrote a blog post about my experience, lol! I haven't tried the lipstick yet (got orange), great to hear about the scent. I had to go back to Target with it today, checked my receipt only after and saw they charged me $9.69. Oh hell no, it's $7.99 on the website. I don't care what price they sent the NYC store. Price adjustment! I usually check before but collections like these are usually consistent.
I heard that ebay is overflowing with the Lilly Pulitzer line from Target. I remember the same thing happened when Mossimo came out with a line for Target a few years ago. People were pretty pissed that items sold out so fast. Evil ebay
ohboy.gif

Edit: The designer was Missoni, not Mossimo (which is a Target brand). Oops

montREALady

I was checking them out on NM a while ago and asked about it in the NP thread; they look so good I didn't know where to start.
It sure did make the news. Sold out by 8:10am, got what I wanted though *pops collar* (<-- do the young folks still do that?)

I just placed my order for Bittersweet blush with the mini matching gloss. Quiver is nice, but I just ordered an NYX HD blush that's similar to me (one is bright vs medium red). Their Crimson

(Bright red with soft glitter)

Definitely grain of salt with the reviewers. I lean towards Karen more. I don't really pay attention to what she says but I like her swatches better than T and judge by how the product looks on her. I can't use T for that.

msvluvsmac

How are you using Rose Gold msvluvsmac? Do you mix the two together?
I don't mix them together. I use Rose Gold has a highlighter on the cheeks, nose, chin and the sides of the forehead. I've never thought to mix the two I guess because I like Topaz all over, especially in the summer, for a nice glow when I wear minimal makeup.

msvluvsmac

It sure did make the news. Sold out by 8:10am, got what I wanted though *pops collar* (<-- do the young folks still do that?)

I just placed my order for Bittersweet blush with the mini matching gloss. Quiver is nice, but I just ordered an NYX HD blush that's similar to me (one is bright vs medium red). Their Crimson

(Bright red with soft glitter)

Definitely grain of salt with the reviewers. I lean towards Karen more. I don't really pay attention to what she says but I like her swatches better than T and judge by how the product looks on her. I can't use T for that.
True, that one looks very similar. I hope you like Bittersweet. I love it!! Quiver is really pretty too . . . I really like all three of the ones I ordered. I was going to order Bang but I have NARS Exhibit A which I think may be close. I'm going to swatch it once it comes to the stores to see.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I don't mix them together. I use Rose Gold has a highlighter on the cheeks, nose, chin and the sides of the forehead. I've never thought to mix the two I guess because I like Topaz all over, especially in the summer, for a nice glow when I wear minimal makeup.
Last question I swear, lol - Are you wearing RG under or over foundation?

montREALady

I heard that ebay is overflowing with the Lilly Pulitzer line from Target. I remember the same thing happened when Mossimo came out with a line for Target a few years ago. People were pretty pissed that items sold out so fast. Evil ebay
ohboy.gif

Edit: The designer was Missoni, not Mossimo (which is a Target brand). Oops
Stuff was on Evilbay as soon as those rapists placed their online orders it looked like. Just like MAC. Disgusting. Women were straight up pushing two carts overflowing with stuff.

montREALady

True, that one looks very similar. I hope you like Bittersweet. I love it!! Quiver is really pretty too . . . I really like all three of the ones I ordered. I was going to order Bang but I have NARS Exhibit A which I think may be close. I'm going to swatch it once it comes to the stores to see.
I'm excited to get it!! I'll check the rest out when they're in stores. You should check out these new NYX HD blushes though, very pigmented. I have a color named Summer and I'm in love.

(Deep pink coral)

Crimson:

Ernie

Morning all. Anyone that ordered the MUFE palettes, did you get a shipping notice yet? Most times my Sephora orders will ship within 24 hours, but now it's been a couple of days.  Getting impatient over here :thud:
I ordered the Mufe palette on Monday and got it yesterday.

msvluvsmac

I'm excited to get it!! I'll check the rest out when they're in stores. You should check out these new NYX HD blushes though, very pigmented. I have a color named Summer and I'm in love.

(Deep pink coral)

Nice! I'll go to Ulta and check them out especially since I have a coupon. Just what I need, another blush. LOL.

montREALady

Last question I swear, lol - Are you wearing RG under or over foundation?
I love the RG powder (got the baby one in a Becca kit from Ulta). I have Topaz SSP and I think RG will be next. Have you ever mixed it with your foundation or do you think that will be overkill for darker skin tones @msvluvsmac ? I use the powder that same way you're using the liquid. I won't buy the liquid if I can't use it all over. It will never finish, lmao!

Narwhalique

I keep forgetting to post my haul! Here's what I got:

Becca Moonstone Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed
Buxom Love, Dolly Limited Edition Full-On Lip Polish
Buxom Bunny Full-On Lip Polish
Buxom Scoundrel Full Bodied Lipstick
Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm
Clinique Cola Pop Cheek Pop
Too Faced Peony Melted Metal
Sephora Collection Mermaid Tail Colorful Duo Reflects
Sephora Collection Swoon Lip Gloss Pick Up Artist
Nest Indigo (250 point mini)
Living Proof Instant Texture Mist (100 point mini)
Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black sample

Everything came yesterday except for the Mermaid Tail eyeshadow. Gonna try to be as good as I can until the next sale!

msvluvsmac

I love the RG powder (got the baby one in a Becca kit from Ulta). I have Topaz SSP and I think RG will be next. Have you ever mixed it with your foundation or do you think that will be overkill for darker skin tones @msvluvsmac ? I use the powder that same way you're using the liquid. I won't buy the liquid if I can't use it all over. It will never finish, lmao!
I have mixed it with my moisturizer not my foundation. Last summer my go to look was foundation, and then I put a little Topaz over it and wore mascara, liner and a lippie and finished it off with MAC MSF and MUFE Fix It spray. I've gotten a lot compliments when I wear that look. My husband always says I like that glow on your face. LOL. I use the liquid so a little goes a long way when you put it all over otherwise, like you said, it can be overkill for WOC.

Latest posts