All Things Sephora

TwiggyPop

The reason I do the majority of my shopping online! Its so not worth dealing with them. Maybe the purple eyes times 9 Mac palettes? Small pans but a good selection of purples.
The MJ palette is EVERYTHING. It was my first MJ Beauty purchase, and it's gorgeous. Has a great mix of light, bright, and deep, as well as the slightly neutral shades for blending. FYI, the pics on Sephora's site aren't QUITE accurate (or I need to work on my monitor settings.... one of the two)... for example: the second shadow from the left is almost completely grey. Has a purpley cast to it.... but definitely reads as more grey (which I love).  I also have the MJ The Enigma palette, and if you don't have that one, you should try to snag it when it's in stock, too. :eyelove:
Thank you!! I spent hours looking up seatches for those palettes, single shadows, my shadows and everything in between. I've decided to go with a few singles from MAC. I'm going for Beautiful Iris, Parfait Amour and Nocturnal. I looked crazy with all the swatches I had up my arms last night while trying to figure out what I had vs what I needed. And I just realized I'm crazier than I thought because I went through my train case that I haven't touched in a while and found a bunch more purples. I really think I might have a problem here. Is there an MA meeting I can go to? This was my buried treasure.
10059095_image.jpeg
I even found my Kat Von D brush that I used for concealer AND the Hard Candy palette I was just talking about from when it was still high end. Haha. Talk about old!!

TwiggyPop

The MJ palette is EVERYTHING. It was my first MJ Beauty purchase, and it's gorgeous. Has a great mix of light, bright, and deep, as well as the slightly neutral shades for blending. FYI, the pics on Sephora's site aren't QUITE accurate (or I need to work on my monitor settings.... one of the two)... for example: the second shadow from the left is almost completely grey. Has a purpley cast to it.... but definitely reads as more grey (which I love).  I also have the MJ The Enigma palette, and if you don't have that one, you should try to snag it when it's in stock, too. :eyelove:
Enigma definitely looks like my style! I had been searching for purples to bring out my green eyes, but I really like pinky, peachy nudes with a dramatic crease.

laurennnxox

When I worked in store, people would come in all the time asking for items that were out of stock, even if they checked on the website for our stock specifically.
There are a few things that come into play with these errors, sadly when people steal there's no way for the computer to know, unless we've done inventory (I think it's done once a year)
Another reason might be that it is in the back, yes, but in my store unless OPS was in, we weren't allowed in the stock room. So even if I wanted to help, I wasn't able to.
If the item was new, sometimes there's a store launch date, different from online. We weren't allowed to sell it beforehand.
And the other, systems are wrong, one time someone called re the KVD perfume, ... we didn't even sell it .. lol...

So, yes I agree sometimes SAs suck, but most times we really can't do much if it's not out.
:(

I hope that clears it up!
Definitely does! I really do want to think that all employees want to help me to their best capabilities, but unfortunately, having numerous bad dealings with SAs makes me a bit wary of them. I know my complaints sound very "high horse" of me, and I don't intend them to come off that way! Just, I worked in a place where customer service had to be 100% or they moved on to the next rep. Surveys were key in our employment. So, naturally, I've come to expect the best customer service possible, and I know that's not always going to happen in the real world. HONESTLY, I really think it's because the Sephora I work at-- a lot of the people are just working there for their part-time money to put them through school, since I'm in a town were the majority of the population is college students. I notice when I'm at other Sephoras back home, the SAs are always, always stellar and passionate about makeup and excellent customer service. There are just a few in this local store that don't even try to hide the 'don't care' vibe that it really puts me off and I end up venting on here.
girlhaha.gif

But yeah, moral of the story is that I really shouldn't judge all SAs based on how some are. Which is true to all people in general. :)

thanks for clearing it up! seriously!

Twinkle_Twinkle

I even found my Kat Von D brush that I used for concealer AND the Hard Candy palette I was just talking about from when it was still high end. Haha. Talk about old!!
I have that Stila palette and the Hard Candy Delusional Palette!!! Nocturnelle and Patina are the only to MAC shadows I've hit the pan on.

Ernie

Nordies customer service wont price match because it shows up on Macy's but you can't "add to bag"...the rep also mentioned theyve been getting price match calls all day yesterday for that item (thanks Trendmood smh)....then I called a Nordies store and they gave me the runaround and refused to sell it to me.  I didn't really  want it anyway so I gave up. I just called back and complained to the manager.  Problem solved!
Good for you!

Ernie

I got the Mj Lover es palette during the sale, now I see I need Enigma, and Lolita ain't too shabby either!

Ernie

Monsy, was it you who liked the Lancôme la base pro hydra glow? I got it during the sale, how do you use it, instead of primer? I use Visionnaire, then moisturizer and then a primer.

laurennnxox

Sooooooooo, here are some swatches and photos of the new MUFE bronzer in 15I I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or return it. I might hold onto it and wait til they get them in stores and see if I want to make an exchange.

It's really overcast and crappy here. I also don't have a lot of bronzers that I can compare it to. I'm just getting into the bronzer game, and still trying to figure out what looks nice on my fair skin. I previously used to think I could never wear bronzers because I was "too" fair and that I'd look muddy or dirty or orange.

^ Compact in natural sunlight.

Left swatch is one swipe and blended out; Right swatch is multiple swipes to build up intensity.

My comparisons. I know, the new Guerlain Joli duos aren't really a bronzer, but I use them to add warmth and in the same way as my bronzers.

L to R:
Guerlain 02 Joli Duo Natural Blonde,
MUFE Bronzer 15I,
Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzer Powder Aruba,
Guerlain 00 Joli Duo Light Blonde,
Too Faced Pink Leopard blushing bronzer.

ILoveMakeup84

Sooooooooo, here are some swatches and photos of the new MUFE bronzer in 15I I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or return it. I might hold onto it and wait til they get them in stores and see if I want to make an exchange. It's really overcast and crappy here. I also don't have a lot of bronzers that I can compare it to. I'm just getting into the bronzer game, and still trying to figure out what looks nice on my fair skin. I previously used to think I could never wear bronzers because I was "too" fair and that I'd look muddy or dirty or orange.  ^ Compact in natural sunlight.  Left swatch is one swipe and blended out; Right swatch is multiple swipes to build up intensity. My comparisons. I know, the new Guerlain Joli duos aren't really a bronzer, but I use them to add warmth and in the same way as my bronzers. L to R: Guerlain 02 Joli Duo Natural Blonde,  MUFE Bronzer 15I, Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzer Powder Aruba, Guerlain 00 Joli Duo Light Blonde, Too Faced Pink Leopard blushing bronzer. 
The Guerlain Joli Duo looks so pretty! I like the look of the MUFE one, its not orange which is good! How's the texture?

shontay07108

Sooooooooo, here are some swatches and photos of the new MUFE bronzer in 15I I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or return it. I might hold onto it and wait til they get them in stores and see if I want to make an exchange. It's really overcast and crappy here. I also don't have a lot of bronzers that I can compare it to. I'm just getting into the bronzer game, and still trying to figure out what looks nice on my fair skin. I previously used to think I could never wear bronzers because I was "too" fair and that I'd look muddy or dirty or orange.  ^ Compact in natural sunlight.  Left swatch is one swipe and blended out; Right swatch is multiple swipes to build up intensity. My comparisons. I know, the new Guerlain Joli duos aren't really a bronzer, but I use them to add warmth and in the same way as my bronzers. L to R: Guerlain 02 Joli Duo Natural Blonde,  MUFE Bronzer 15I, Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzer Powder Aruba, Guerlain 00 Joli Duo Light Blonde, Too Faced Pink Leopard blushing bronzer. 
Give it a go in an actual look before you decide. It does look nice on your skin IMO.
The Guerlain Joli Duo looks so pretty! I like the look of the MUFE one, its not orange which is good! How's the texture?
You're not asking me, but the texture of mine is so nice. When swatching I kinda just want to keep rubbing it. Too bad about the color range for darker skin, though. It's so odd b/c MUFE is usually good about that. In non-Sephora news, USPS has screwed me over again. I knew when Dose of Colors tracking showed me a Saturday delivery date that I wouldn't get it. It's really hard for the mail carrier to use their key to the gate that leads to the mailboxes. I mean, it sounds exhausting. I sent an e-mail for them to redeliver Monday to be sure. I will be sitting on top of the mailbox like a hawk waiting for my prey.

awickedshape

I skipped the sale and now Hubby wants to try a new cologne after trying samples I put out for him months ago and a friend wants to try some new makeup after I gave her my Tisse Mademoiselle lol No problem but the timing was so close womp womp womp

MsGlossy

I went to SiJCP today and snagged the Sephora+Pantone Marsala Metalshine Liquid Liner for $8.99 and the Cooling Marsala Multi Stick for $11.99.
th_DANCE.gif

MsGlossy

The MJ palette is EVERYTHING. It was my first MJ Beauty purchase, and it's gorgeous. Has a great mix of light, bright, and deep, as well as the slightly neutral shades for blending. FYI, the pics on Sephora's site aren't QUITE accurate (or I need to work on my monitor settings.... one of the two)... for example: the second shadow from the left is almost completely grey. Has a purpley cast to it.... but definitely reads as more grey (which I love).

I also have the MJ The Enigma palette, and if you don't have that one, you should try to snag it when it's in stock, too.
eyelove.gif
I plan to get a couple MJ palettes and a couple of the brushes during the November sale. I need to step my brush game up. In the meantime, me and my BBs are besties.
girlhaha.gif

DLuxJessica

Well... Sephora sent me my "nudge nudge... don't you want to be VIBR again?" 10% off code. So I decided to go ahead and buy a bottle of perfume, since there's also the 3x points on fragrance. Plus a MJ nail polish for my sister, a Black Honey lippie for my mama, and somehow one of those adorable Tony Moly blueberry lip balms hopped in the cart at the last second.

And now I need to put myself in timeout.
wacko.gif

DMcG9

LOL! You're not crazy. You just need to make an inventory! Not that you need a project, but it could be filed under "spring cleaning".

KiKi Kontour

Nordies customer service wont price match because it shows up on Macy's but you can't "add to bag"...the rep also mentioned theyve been getting price match calls all day yesterday for that item (thanks Trendmood smh)....then I called a Nordies store and they gave me the runaround and refused to sell it to me. I didn't really want it anyway so I gave up.

I just called back and complained to the manager. Problem solved!
the thing wit nordies for these price matches...u cant take NO for an answer! I wanted them to price match these steve madden boots that were cheaper on amazon and they weren't tryin to do it. Then I said mmmm ok...went around n tried to do it thru the chat-again they was fakin!! FINALLY I called and got somebody to kindly make the price match for me. sometimes it's just that ONE idiot who thinks price matchin takes away from their own pockets or something! but yea I can only imagine they were boggled by price matchin requests for that LM
girlhaha.gif
I don't need it tho esp not for $42!!

MissElle12

the thing wit nordies for these price matches...u cant take NO for an answer! I wanted them to price match these steve madden boots that were cheaper on amazon and they weren't tryin to do it. Then I said mmmm ok...went around n tried to do it thru the chat-again they was fakin!! FINALLY I called and got somebody to kindly make the price match for me. sometimes it's just that ONE idiot who thinks price matchin takes away from their own pockets or something! but yea I can only imagine they were boggled by price matchin requests for that LM :haha: I don't need it tho esp not for $42!!
I knew it was total BS when they tried to tell me because the item was out of stock at Macy's they can't price match. I'm pretty sure I've done it in the past with some Minnetonka fringe boots that were on clearance at Macy's but my size was out of stock. What really got me PO'd was that when I called the store the chick who answered flat out refused to sell it to me. I questioned why and she said she'll call me back. Since I wasn't pressed for it (or to drive 30 miles to prove a point) I let it go last night. This morning it was still bothering me so I called, the manager answered and she did a quick google search and saw the price difference. She rang me up right over the phone and I'm going after work today to pick it up! I still don't *really* want it...but my mama didn't raise no punk either.

KiKi Kontour

girlhaha.gif
I totally get it. After a while, it stops being about the item and more about the principle of the whole thing.
lol right that's what I was gonna say lol. nordies normally has excellent customer service which is why I don't understand WHY they wanna give hassle! u can take back old azz Uggz from 5 yrs ago and exchange em wit no problem (my sister did it) I don't understand the big deal in price matching for some dmn makeup
blah.gif

Latest posts