All Things Sephora

MaryJane

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipstick in Honeycomb is a great nude lipstick. It's a warm, peach brown that is very wearable. This might be my favorite of the new Bite lipsticks.

Msgyal

I have a sample in shade 10 and it's gorgeous. I only had to blot twice, but other than that, I'll say it's a winner.
I've always wanted to try this foundation. I'm having a bit of trouble picking my color online. I think I should visit a Bloomingdale's and get matched.

laurennnxox

Haven't been into a Sephora in 2-3 weeks, and nearly hopped out of bed to go get ready because I'm excited to see all the new stuff they have in stores. I love shopping online but nothing gets me more excited then swatching all the new stuff.

I'm going to ask for help on "color correcting" because both peach and pink correctors (I've tried a couple) don't really neutralize my dark under-eyes. I think it's because the undertone of my dark circles isn't meant for those. Is that weird? They're not really blue or purply, they're more.... brown/yellow? LOL That sounds super odd. Almost like the same undertone as my freckles. But basically, when I've put the corrector on, and the concealer and then foundation-- they still shine through. Maybe I'm just hoping for too much with these color correctors, but my gut is telling me I might be using the wrong color.

Shars

Haven't been into a Sephora in 2-3 weeks, and nearly hopped out of bed to go get ready because I'm excited to see all the new stuff they have in stores. I love shopping online but nothing gets me more excited then swatching all the new stuff.

I'm going to ask for help on "color correcting" because both peach and pink correctors (I've tried a couple) don't really neutralize my dark under-eyes. I think it's because the undertone of my dark circles isn't meant for those. Is that weird? They're not really blue or purply, they're more.... brown/yellow? LOL That sounds super odd. Almost like the same undertone as my freckles. But basically, when I've put the corrector on, and the concealer and then foundation-- they still shine through. Maybe I'm just hoping for too much with these color correctors, but my gut is telling me I might be using the wrong color.

The peachy/pink colour correctors are to cancel out blue/purple pigments in undereye circles. So if yours are brown/yellow, I'd say you're definitely using the wrong colour and to try perhaps a purple or violet corrector.

Prettypackages

I need pink/orange/coral lipstick rehab. I just saw Temptalia's swatches of the new Tarte l/s- http://www.temptalia.com/tarte-biki...h-lip-splash-lipstick-reviews-photos-swatches and I want all three even though I own dozens of similar shades. :crazy:

I try to keep my hair back because it gets so greasy that my forehead will be a mess, and I only wash once per week. The Jamaican Black Castor Oil is on my loves list, but it's $26 and I just bought a bottle at the beauty supple store for $7.99 lol. Buuuut it's still cheaper than the Phyto leave in conditioner that I'm loving at the moment. I'm excited to see some reviews!

totally makes sense. I am not sure what color my dark circles are, but the bobbi brown correctors never worked well. Everything else didn't seem opaque or deep enough.
I checked out Peach by Becca, and I am so impressed with the color range of Cover Fx color correctors. I've been color correcting for years, so I'm excited what this trend has brought out.
BUT I will say wearing a dark concealer, followed by a lighter color to brighten has worked wonders for me.
The peachy/pink colour correctors are to cancel out blue/purple pigments in undereye circles. So if yours are brown/yellow, I'd say you're definitely using the wrong colour and to try perhaps a purple or violet corrector.
She's so smart!

shontay07108

Sooo that means that YSL suggesting a violet primer for dark skin isn't as crazy as I thought? hmm

Shars

totally makes sense. I am not sure what color my dark circles are, but the bobbi brown correctors never worked well. Everything else didn't seem opaque or deep enough.
I checked out Peach by Becca, and I am so impressed with the color range of Cover Fx color correctors. I've been color correcting for years, so I'm excited what this trend has brought out.
BUT I will say wearing a dark concealer, followed by a lighter color to brighten has worked wonders for me.
She's so smart!

:flowers:

Sooo that means that YSL suggesting a violet primer for dark skin isn't as crazy as I thought? hmm

Nope, depending on your problem/issue and what you want to correct.

shontay07108

let us know how it works.

I went back into Sephora to play with it today. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. It's not creamy at all. It just sticks on the skin and settled into the lines on my hand and it came off as a bright white with a slight lavender shift. I would be amazed if this actually works on the face.

fur4elise

Haven't been into a Sephora in 2-3 weeks, and nearly hopped out of bed to go get ready because I'm excited to see all the new stuff they have in stores. I love shopping online but nothing gets me more excited then swatching all the new stuff...

^^^^^^Oooh fun fun! I skipped my visit yesterday. :( Just wasn't feeling anything new...plus I would just be returning 3 lippies, so not so fun. What did you swatch? Any luck with color correcting? Any new must have pretty stuffs? :D

elegant-one

I went back into Sephora to play with it today. I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. It's not creamy at all. It just sticks on the skin and settled into the lines on my hand and it came off as a bright white with a slight lavender shift. I would be amazed if this actually works on the face.

HEY SIS!!!! Yep, when I tried them out, I felt the same way. I'm really loving the Algenist green mixed lightly with the YSL primer - divine.

Last edited:

Latest posts