Am I the only one that HATES dealing with her skin??

euphrosyne_rose

Just an FYI/Juice Beauty update... Juice Beauty isn't selling that well according to the Sephora employee I chatted with today so that is the reason it's being d/c'd by them and not being carried in their stores any longer. I went back today (my 3rd trip in less than a week!) b/c the moisturizer in the JB trial kit I bought quite frankly sucks. At least in my opinion. It's the Nutrient Moisturizer and last night I tried it after washing my face and ick. It was sooo thick and not emollient at all. I thought I had it all rubbed in and when I pulled my hands away, my hands were white with the moisturizer and so was my face! It didn't absorb well at all and I have dry skin right now. I wasn't crazy about the cleanser but it wasn't bad enough that I'd never use it again. I haven't tried the toner, serum or Green Apple peel yet but I'll use them later this week.

I went back to Sephora to look at a few other moisturizers and was once again helped by a super nice young lady named Chassidy who suggested Ole (I thought of you, Mabelle!!
cutey.gif
) and also suggested Korres' Honey and Thyme moisturizer and the Yogurt one as well. She made me samples of both Korres moisturizers and helped me try out 2 of the Ole ones as well. I decided I'd try the Honey and Thyme for night time since it's slightly thicker and the Yogurt for daytime so once again we'll see how it goes. So far my skin feels MUCH better after the Honey and Thyme than with the JB one.
yes.gif

Mabelle, what are your thoughts on the Fresh line? I bought the Hesperides body wash and lotion and saw they had a soy cleanser and some other things that looked interesting...
graucho.gif

Mabelle

I honestly havent tried fresh yet. Something about it rubs me the wrong way... it seems... kind of frufru. As in its way expensive, doesnt seem like it would do much treating, and is aimed at an older client that likes things that just smell nice. It seems like a designer bag i guess... it's expensive and you feel fancy when you buy it, but in the end, its just a purse, nothing more. It has never appealed to me. And in my store, it doesnt really sell. Their lip treatment however is nice. As is the body scrub.

Juice Beauty does alright at my store. As far as i know, its not being dced on the whole... maybe just being pulled for areas where no on is buying?

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
I honestly havent tried fresh yet. Something about it rubs me the wrong way... it seems... kind of frufru. As in its way expensive, doesnt seem like it would do much treating, and is aimed at an older client that likes things that just smell nice. It seems like a designer bag i guess... it's expensive and you feel fancy when you buy it, but in the end, its just a purse, nothing more. It has never appealed to me. And in my store, it doesnt really sell. Their lip treatment however is nice. As is the body scrub.

Juice Beauty does alright at my store. As far as i know, its not being dced on the whole... maybe just being pulled for areas where no on is buying?

I sort of got the impression that Juice Beauty wasn't being d/c'd everywhere, but the 2 stores closest to me already have it packed up and ready to go back. The store in Lakeside Mall in Metairie said it wasn't selling well at all but maybe it just wasn't selling well there.

The Fresh line has intrigued me a few times but up until the other day, never noticed they had makeup or facial items. I really liked the Sugar Lemon body wash and lotion as well and I also found them to be pricey so the only reason I got the Hesperides stuff was b/c I had a credit I wanted to spend. I saw the scrub and lip treatment as well as bath cubes and a few other things. I did get one of their concealers just to try it out and so far I don't hate it but I don't "love" it either.

I also am not sure about the Korres Wild Rose beauty powder I bought. I like it and the texture but I don't like wearing liquid foundation and usually only get tinted moisturizer and wear it with powder but the Watermelon TM was a mess on me. Maybe b/c it was oil free? It didn't blend well and seemed to just sit on top of my skin so I took it back. I'm trying to stay away from MAC foundations and powders to see if my skin gets better b/c I have heard now that MAC's face products aren't great for sensitive skin.

coachkitten

I wanted to bump this thread to update on how the Philosophy skin care has been working for me.

In the morning I have been using the Micro Delivery wash, When Hope is Not Enough serum, and Hope in a Jar SPF 20 moisturizer

In the night have been using Purity cleanser, When Hope is Not Enough serum, and Help Me Retinol Treatment.

I have been using these exact steps morning and night (with my clarisonic brush at night) for over two weeks and my skin hasn't looked this good in YEARS!

Honestly my overall skin tone is more even and brighter. My pores by my nose appear to be much smaller. I am really thrilled with the results. The only complaint that I have is that the retinol treatment makes a few patches on my face a bit dry.

I am going to stick with Philosophy from now on as long as I keep getting results like this!
smiles.gif

euphrosyne_rose

Thanks for the update! I've gone to Philosophy myself since this weekend. I really wanted to like that Ole kit for the dry/sensitive skin and I do like the stuff but my skin just wasn't responding well to it. I used it for a week and the moisturizer just didn't seem to be helping. I liked the texture of it and the cleanser but I just wasn't noticing any help with the dryness. The one moisturizer also smelled great when I first put it on but after a few minutes it had a scent to it that wasn't necessarily bad but I didn't like how it smelled. The kit came with the cleanser, 2 moisturizers, a scrub and a mask. I haven't tried the mask but the scrub was just right for my skin since it's not harsh and the "scrubbies" are gentle.

I went this weekend (AGAIN) to Sephora and actually spoke with someone from Philosophy who was there for the Sephora skin care challenge and she helped me pick out the Makeup Optional Dry/Sensitive Skin kit. It comes with the Purity cleanser, Hope In A Jar sensitive skin moisturizer, When Hope Is Not Enough serum, eye cream and then 3 packets of the microdermabrasion sample. Now, I've only used this stuff since Saturday night and so far I feel like it has really been the best thing I've used so far. My skin finally feels smooth, hydrated just right and looks nice. I actually just went out to the grocery store with nothing but concealer under my eyes and felt like I didn't look awful! I'm going to of course keep using it and I hope to see even more results by the end of this week. I'm going to have to check into some of those other products you mentioned!
choochoo.gif

bubbleheart

I dont mind skincare - as in using it etc. I do hate that it costs so much and its not a 'fun' purchase like makeup. Especially when, at the end of the day, really - there arent mind blowing results from most skincare products.

MizzMelroseMood

I started using a cleansing soap free benzoyl peroxide bar by zapzyt and omg, my skin is loving it! It doesn't foam up at all and doesn't take forever to wash away. It's like a milky lather that rinses nice and clean. I

nebbish

Ugh I hate my skin.
MUAs I've talked to think it's amazing, but without makeup when I look closely [maybe that's the problem?] I've got MILLIONS of blackheads. I break out with actual pimples probably once a week or so.
It's so frustrating! I've tried so many things. It's hard to convince myself at night when I'm already tired that I need to go wash my face.

Right now, I use Ponds cold cream to take off my makeup and then St Ives Apricot Scrub blackhead/blemish cos the Ponds leaves my skin feeling greasy, then my own mix of LUSH toner with tea tree oil & LUSH moisturizer. I feel like it doesn't do any good, though.

laguayaca

Finding the right skin care is most def a struggle at times. I finally settled with Pangea Organics products and Cover FX foundation. I think both your skincare and foundation go hand in hand when it comes to breakouts. So far its worked for me. Yeah I still break out but thats mainly because of my PCOS and when its around my time of the month, but no where as near I use to. =) Good luck finding whats right for you.

And I hear ya late at night when youre soooo tired I wish I could go straight to bed and forget about my face but I think to myself that if I dont ill break out and my skin will become toxic so I get motivated =)

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebbish
Ugh I hate my skin.
MUAs I've talked to think it's amazing, but without makeup when I look closely [maybe that's the problem?] I've got MILLIONS of blackheads. I break out with actual pimples probably once a week or so.
It's so frustrating! I've tried so many things. It's hard to convince myself at night when I'm already tired that I need to go wash my face.

Right now, I use Ponds cold cream to take off my makeup and then St Ives Apricot Scrub blackhead/blemish cos the Ponds leaves my skin feeling greasy, then my own mix of LUSH toner with tea tree oil & LUSH moisturizer. I feel like it doesn't do any good, though.

i hope someday u will find the right skincare products for you. every skin is different. trial & error isn't fun & is very frustrating. but only you who will know what the best for your skin. :) maybe you can start to pay attention what you eat that cause break outs.
yes.gif

I cleanse my face with clarisonic & cethapil daily face cleaner every day. twice a week i exfoliate with lush ocean salt & mask with ddf sulfur mask. all in 1, they clean up the blackheads on my face. i stay away from food that are cooked with oil. vegetable oil is my face's worst enemy.

nebbish

OMG I love Ocean Salt.
I got to about half the jar & it's like ... all oil? I feel like I should've mixed it more often.
I use Aqua Marina on occasion, also. I feel like it REALLY cleans my face. But it doesn't exfoliate and it doesn't take my makeup off >.<

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebbish
Ugh I hate my skin.

You should try the Ocean salt scrub by LUSH. It's amazing. I got it as a gift for a firend of mine with large pore/blackheads. she loved it! So then i decided to try it. I liked it alright... but then my boyfriend started to use it. He is very acen prone. Large pores. Lots of white heads and black heads. It has changed his skin. He was using proactive before, and stopped because the lush scrub was working way better. Its the best scrub for blackheads/acne imo. It's not super abrasive (the salt starts to disolve asa it touches water). It's moizturizing, yet it dries out your zits. It kind of gives you the results of the fabulous skin you have once you come back from the beach.

coachkitten

So I have been using the Philosophy Help Me which I really like but it has dried out parts of my face in little patches. I have gone to using it every third night which has seemed to help. I am wondering if retinol does this to others or if it is just me?

Mabelle

It very well might. I mean, it does help to dry out pimples... so i imagine it could make some dry patches.
what moisturizer do you use? And do you exfoliate?

coachkitten

Quote:
It very well might. I mean, it does help to dry out pimples... so i imagine it could make some dry patches.
what moisturizer do you use? And do you exfoliate?

I use the microdelivery wash in the morning and I also use the clarisonic to remove my makeup at night. I had not been using the Help Me treatment with a moisturizer but I will now. I have heard that you should put the Help me treatment on first and let it soak in for about 20 minutes and then apply your moisturizer but I am not sure if that is accurate.

Mabelle

i think 20 mins is a bit much. let it soak in.. but after 5 you should be ok. Be sure to use a moisturizer with SPF as the retenoid in help me is photosenstive and cause your skin to burn and other such unpleasentness.
for moisturizer i like philosophy's hope in a jar for day (in the us they hav eit with spf 20) or sheer transformation (by ole obviously). For night i like when hope is not enough. A lot richer than the regular hope in a jar.
If you wear a tinted moisturizer with spf or BE (with natural spf 15) thats alright too.

coachkitten

Quote:
i think 20 mins is a bit much. let it soak in.. but after 5 you should be ok. Be sure to use a moisturizer with SPF as the retenoid in help me is photosenstive and cause your skin to burn and other such unpleasentness.
for moisturizer i like philosophy's hope in a jar for day (in the us they hav eit with spf 20) or sheer transformation (by ole obviously). For night i like when hope is not enough. A lot richer than the regular hope in a jar.
If you wear a tinted moisturizer with spf or BE (with natural spf 15) thats alright too.

Thank you so much for all of your help and advice!
smiles.gif

Mabelle

no problem.
Ive become skincare obsessed. Like i said, before i started working for sephora, i didnt care so much. But since ive started paying attention to my skin, it looks SO amazing. It's clear, texture is awesome. My foundation covers better, glides on. Its like butter!
My co worker even remaked one how great my skin looks compared to when i started saying "it looks like velevet. yur skin now, is like what all women want." I'm thrilled with it.
for the first time in a LONG time, i dont feel like i need to wear foundation to cover up.

bumblebees24

I used to be like you but I realized how important skincare is in order to have a flawless complexion. Hopefully you'll find some products that'll work and be effortless.

CandeeNova

Quote:
Oh, another good 2 in one is Purity by Philosophy. It's my everyday cleanser. It's PH balanced so theres no need for a toner. It's also designed to take makeup off. Even stubborn waterproof makeup, it just melts away. It's got a light lemony scent and leave the skin soft yet sqweeky clean! It's also uber mild, and wont irritate even the most sensitive skin. Plus it's so mild, even if you get a bunch in your eye, it doesn't sting. There's usually a travel sized one 9good for trying out) in the beauty to go section at sephora. It's 14 CAD, so prolly 10ish USD or less.

i've been wanting to try purity for so long! thank you for the info!