Am I the only one who is disappointed with the Naked palettes?

Monica

I recently bought the Naked 2 palette and played around with a few of the colors and was just like super disappointed in the finish of the shadows. It seemed like the colors were so GLITTERY. I like some shimmer, don't get me wrong, but for a "naked" or "natural" look I don't want glitter all over my face. So, I thought maybe it's just the shades I don't like, and I bought the Naked 3 palette. I still can't get much color payoff with the lighter shades (they seem to be all shimmer) and I would've really liked to see more matte colors included. Also, I got my naked 3 like this:

One of the pans came loose from the palette.
WTF2.gif
Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to exchange it but I was just wondering if this was common.

Tell me what I'm doing wrong ladies!! Is there a way to fall in love with these colors? I have the Naked Basics palette and it is currently my favorite!!

Sexy Sadie

I have the first one they gave out and love it. There is not a problem with glitter in that one. Much shimmer in some of the shadows, but I like that.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I bought the first one and ended up selling it. Didn't like it and didn't see what all the hype is about either. The shadows had a smooth texture, I give them that, but they were really shimmery, and I didn't like how they looked on my eyes. I also felt they were a little irritating.
MAC shadows last a lot longer on me and are easier to work with, so I'll stick to buying those.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I have Naked 1 and 2, and I like them, but I also wish they had more matte shades. Not to mention each palette has one glittery shade notorious for fallout (Sidecar in 1, YDK in 2). I never bought Naked Basics or Naked 3 -- the former because I think some of the shades are similar to ones in 1 and 2 (particularly 1) and I wish it included 12 colours like the other Nakeds, the latter because it is way too rosy for my tastes and I'm interested only in the last two colours. That said, if I didn't own any of the Naked palettes already, I wouldn't buy them now, I don't think. (Definitely not Naked 1; I think I'd still go for Naked 2.) I'd be more apt to go for the LORAC Pro palette, the NARSissist palette, or the recently-lauched Paula's Choice The Nude Mattes palette (what I think Naked Basics should have been).

Monica

That said, if I didn't own any of the Naked palettes already, I wouldn't buy them now, I don't think. (Definitely not Naked 1; I think I'd still go for Naked 2.) I'd be more apt to go for the LORAC Pro palette, the NARSissist palette, or the recently-lauched Paula's Choice The Nude Mattes palette (what I think Naked Basics should have been).
I just bought the Lorac Pro palette! I haven't used it yet but I'm going to play around with it tonight. Have you tried any of the other naked products? (foundation, lip glosses, blush)

User38

I only have the little Naked one.. the one with all neutrals/matte shades.. lol. I love it a lot. I would NOT buy any of the Nakeds .. 1, 2 or 3 -- they are loaded with shimmer which for me, is unusable.

I do love the Lorac unzipped palette and use it a lot.. it has some sheen/lite shimmer shades but usable for night for me.. but the reddish browns and nudes are great.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I just bought the Lorac Pro palette! I haven't used it yet but I'm going to play around with it tonight. Have you tried any of the other naked products? (foundation, lip glosses, blush)
I've swatched the foundation (like the texture, don't know for certain if I have a match in it, also not sure about the coverage, don't live near enough to a Sephora or Ulta to go ask for a sample), but I don't own it or any of the other Naked products. (I am kind of intrigued by the setting powder, but I've got others I need to finish first.)

AutumnMoon

I recently bought the Naked 2 palette and played around with a few of the colors and was just like super disappointed in the finish of the shadows. It seemed like the colors were so GLITTERY. I like some shimmer, don't get me wrong, but for a "naked" or "natural" look I don't want glitter all over my face. So, I thought maybe it's just the shades I don't like, and I bought the Naked 3 palette. I still can't get much color payoff with the lighter shades (they seem to be all shimmer) and I would've really liked to see more matte colors included. Also, I got my naked 3 like this:  One of the pans came loose from the palette. :wtf:  Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to exchange it but I was just wondering if this was common.  Tell me what I'm doing wrong ladies!! Is there a way to fall in love with these colors? I have the Naked Basics palette and it is currently my favorite!!
Ugh. All the little trays seemed loose in mine. I just didn't like the shimmer. Loved the names, the buttery textures, but I never used them and sold them. I don't understand the hype for me anyway.

L281173

I was never impressed by the Naked palletes and never purchased any of them. Smashbox, Too Faced, and Inglot have much better quality palletes.

shontay07108

I love the first and third one. The second seems like a bore. I haven't had any problems with the quality and I find them to be better than the individual UD shadows. The palettes would be better with a couple more matte shades but that's my only quibble with them. I'm always surprised to hear about pigmentation problems for some since they show up great and last long on my deeper skin. No product has universal acclaim, though.

DarylandCarole

I only own the Naked 3. After hearing about the others so much I thought I'd try it. I think I've used it twice. The shadows are too powdery for my taste. I have the Vice 2 palette and like it much more. I did get a sample of their foundation and I did like it. I may try it when I use up the one that I'm using now (mufe's mat velvet).

allthingsglam

I don't own any but now after reading about them I'm thinking I don't want any I may buy the naked basic only because I don't really wear alot of eyeshadow and it has just the basics

Prettypackages

I recently bought the Naked 2 palette and played around with a few of the colors and was just like super disappointed in the finish of the shadows. It seemed like the colors were so GLITTERY. I like some shimmer, don't get me wrong, but for a "naked" or "natural" look I don't want glitter all over my face. So, I thought maybe it's just the shades I don't like, and I bought the Naked 3 palette. I still can't get much color payoff with the lighter shades (they seem to be all shimmer) and I would've really liked to see more matte colors included. Also, I got my naked 3 like this:

One of the pans came loose from the palette.
WTF2.gif
Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to exchange it but I was just wondering if this was common.

Tell me what I'm doing wrong ladies!! Is there a way to fall in love with these colors? I have the Naked Basics palette and it is currently my favorite!!
my naked three had several loose pans...

Spectacular

I bought the naked 1 for my mom (now there's a disturbing sentence, lol) and I've swatched it quite a few times and tbh I don't much get the hype either. I can understand its a good neutral eye shadow palette and there is enough variety that its user friendly. That being said I don't know how that single palette was so amazing that they had to make 3 more.

I didn't feel that the Naked 1 was too glittery but if you feel it is I'd suggest you avoid the Naked 3, I liked the idea of rose shades and swatched that one eagerly and my hand just looked like a lovely rose disco ball. I do kinda want to swatch the mini naked or basic naked or whatever its called because it does seem to have some really good natural shades, but yeah...different strokes for different folks I suppose. Now if you want to see me excited I'm pacing around just waiting for the Electric Palette.

kimibos

I bought the naked 1 palette. i didnt like it. gave it to my aunt sometime later.

i would really like an all mattes naked palette. Yes i know they have one but the color selection in it is bad. it has 3 highlighters and one is Walk of shame which they were giving for free with a palette(thats how i got it). it has Faint, foxy which are permanent, then naked2 too similar to naked . who the hell put all those colors together!? Boring!!!

i do have some of their matte singles and i luv them. they are soo good. they should do more mattes.

Monica

I bought the naked 1 palette. i didnt like it. gave it to my aunt sometime later.

i would really like an all mattes naked palette. Yes i know they have one but the color selection in it is bad. it has 3 highlighters and one is Walk of shame which they were giving for free with a palette(thats how i got it). it has Faint, foxy which are permanent, then naked2 too similar to naked . who the hell put all those colors together!? Boring!!!

i do have some of their matte singles and i luv them. they are soo good. they should do more mattes.
I agree! I ADORE the naked basics palette! I would love one similar with rosey tones or even one with like pastels that would be gorgeous!

CarmenK

I don't own any naked palettes, I bought the 1st one when it first came out then ended up returning it because it is just wayyy too shimmery for me and the fallout is ridic. Yes the shades and texture are very nice and it definitely is a great starter palette, but I'd rather just create my own palette using bobbi brown shadows or mac. I feel like they are better quality to me.

CarmenK

I agree! I ADORE the naked basics palette! I would love one similar with rosey tones or even one with like pastels that would be gorgeous!
I think the Naked basics palette is awesome and would love more warm, rosey tones as well!

Monica

Update: I swapped my Naked 3 palette with a girl for a Smashbox Full Exposure palette. Let me tell you ladies, SMASHBOX DID IT RIGHT! Its freaking amazing! I love the colors, it has plenty of matte colors and the glittery colors still have enough pigment to look colored and not just like straight glitter. Do yourselves a favor and pick it up if you haven't!

tutibemyname

I like the first palette, but despise the 3rd one. Color payoff wasnt that great for me. I just bought the vice 2 palette and love it. The pinks in that worked much better for me

Latest posts