Americas next top model : CYCLE 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
I hate how they're really big on crappy weaves. It's one thing if they give the girls decent to nice weaves but Amis's is so nasty and a lot in the past cycles just seem cheap.

I think "cheap" is exactly the issue here. It seems like when the black girls get weaves they fare much better than the white girls' weaves which leads me to think that they're seriously cutting costs in these "super fabulous high-fashion makeovers". Generally speaking, finding a texture match for fine hair is somewhat pricey, and when you cut corners you usually get either hair that has had the cuticle stripped away or synthetic hair, neither of which fare very well with the constant styling of photoshoots. I'm curious to see how the extensions end up this year as even Fatima's looks silky and a little stringy.

Back to the actual makeover discussion, Dominique and Stacey-Anne definitely got the short end of the stick. Dominique really does look like a soccer mom, or a secretary. Stacey-Anne still looks pretty as a person but she's no longer modelesque at all imho.

CantAffordMAC

I don't like Dominiques new do.

And yes...this season is boring me as well. Just like the last one.
th_rolleye0014.gif

miss_supra

I don't have a favorite now. It was Fatima, but she turned out to play the victim card too much and is a real bitch. I want her off the show because she annoys me so much.

chocolategoddes

Katarzyna kinda looks like John Cameron Mitchell (?) to me. But she's pretty. I agree... the weaves didn't impress me and I don't like Marvita's horse mane.
Claire looks the best and she's my new fave.

lazytolove

last season sucks. I don't like the winner. Not worth it!. This season is fine. That Fatima girl is really has the look, but bad personality.

blazeno.8

I definitely like Katarzyna and Claire. I can't remember the name of the plus model, but I like her too. Those three are the most memorable for me. Fatima I don't too much care for anymore because she's more of a diva than she led on to be in the first episodes (or than the producers led onto be). Still don't like Marvita.

anjecakes

I'm sooooo sad that Claire is gone. She was my definite favorite from day 1.

I think they made a huge mistake by letting her go!

Aside from her, I like Katarzyna, and Whitney.

I want Fatima and Dominique gone! *CRINGE!*

chocodcocoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjecakes
I'm sooooo sad that Claire is gone. She was my definite favorite from day 1.

I think they made a huge mistake by letting her go!

Aside from her, I like Katarzyna, and Whitney.

I want Fatima and Dominique gone! *CRINGE!*

Me too =(
I also want Lauren gone. Ugh.

Holly

I find this season is soo boring! Even the catfights and stuff, total yawn! I thought Claire was going to make it to the finals, I was pretty suprised when I heard she was kicked off. I find that this season, most of the models I don't want to win. Meh!

miss_supra

I can't wait until Fatima goes.

Whitney is great, but I don't see her winning because plus size models are looked down upon in the industry.

user79

Lauren is a bit weird. She goes from totally complacent to like axe wielding psychopath within seconds.

Fatima is such a BITCH!!! Worse than Dominique, imo. I think it's lame how they all ganged up on Dominique. Although Dominique pulling "the race card" just because she had an argument with Whitney was so lame. Grow up!

I'm surprised that Claire left, she was def more real and fun than some of the others. Kat seems nice too, she looks so much better with her new shorter haircut. Anya is soooo annoying too, her voice and how she speaks, what is up with that? Go back to school.

Overall I'm pretty bored though. Tyra is getting more and more annoying, I think she is taking it much less seriously. You only see her making weird faces at panel, she's hardly there at the photo shoots...Now that she's got her own talk show as well I def think she is putting ANTM on the back burner and milking it for all its worth.

Germany's NTP with Heidi Klum is sooo much better, imo. Heidi seems like a totally down to earth person, totally normal, and she's there at nearly every photoshoot, firing on her girls. She seems more involved that Tyra. And the girls are more model-looking too.

And I think the new panel judge in ANTM, that model woman - who is she? She seems like totally useless on the show, they should bring back Janice.

miss_supra

After hearing about Germany's Next Top Model I decided to watch it. It's much better than ANTM. I really, really like Heidi over Tyra because she is sincerely sweet and caring to all the girls. She really seems to be down to earth and care about the girls.

elegant-one

Katarsyna (sp?) is really pretty/smart. I couldn't believe they cut her hair - but she looks beautiful.

Bring back Janice - yes! She is so out of control = funny to watch

Tyra is such a drama queen - but a beautiful one at that. I love to watch the clips on the Soup
smiles.gif

BTW - Whens the Germany one on?

preciouscharm

I dunno, I agree with some of the ladies here too. This season of ANTM just isn't interesting me =/. I don't really find any of the girls interesting. And this is coming from a girl who use to drop everything and watch the show. Hopefully next season will be better... I STILL WATCH THE RERUNS even though I've seen them a million times though!

M.A.C. head.

When Clair was eliminated I threw my glass of iced tea up against the wall. I thought she was going to win it from day one.

My husband and I have a conspiracy theory:

We think that Tyra got wind of what she [Claire] said to Dominique about being a single mom, etc. People who know a little bit about Tyra's bio know that she was raised solely by her mom. We think she found out about that and was pissed, so she had Claire booted...LMAO WE'RE NUTSO!

Anyways, now that Clair is gone, I put my money on Anya and Katarzyna. I have a Slavic girl fetish.

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
BTW - Whens the Germany one on?

Sadly, since I am in the US, youtube has become my best friend for GNTM.