anaaliyahfan03's MAC hiring story

anaaliyahfan03

Re: makeup counter experience to freelance with mac???

thanks..if i get a demo, i will post a new thread on what i did and keep yall posted

anaaliyahfan03

Re: makeup counter experience to freelance with mac???

oh yea..i heard amanda bynes say it on "what i like about you" and i have been saying it ever since..lol

anaaliyahfan03

it's confirmed i got the demo

i'm sure alot of u have been reading my other stories..lol

ok, i talked to the assistant manager today and she said she decided she wanted me to come back for the makeup interview..i was excited and nervous at the same time because when i go, i don't wanna mess up..i don't know when the demo is cause there is a new store opening up 90 minutes away from houston (beaumont, tx) and the trainer has to be there for a while so when he gets back then i can have my demo

even though i have read other people's demo experiences, i am still nervous as hell cause i have never used any of the mac primers and im just a perfectionist when it comes to makeup...any feedback and suggestions would be lovely for demos..thanks all
cheerleader.gif

mochajavalatte

Re: it's confirmed i got the demo

Well YAY! I just did my demo today. I didn't really go for primers, I used strobe cream under foundation, I did try the Lip Prep and prime, just laid it down under some lip conditioner and the lipstick, etc.
Make sure to use a petri dish for that!

ilurvemakeup

Congrats! I'm sure you will do fine
greengrin.gif
Don't get too nervous! When I'm overly nervous I end up messing up lol Best of luck!

FacesbyNiki

Congrats hun!!!

Practice before hand. I did!!! Make sure you do everything in under 30 minutes.

I didn't use primers, I just used paints. Also, Use a Viva Glam lipstick. They love that. Make sure you talk about the products. And get your model to help you out. Mine did, she just asked questions about the brushes and stuff to help me be calm.
lol.gif
I loved her for that because I was nervous too. Smile and enjoy yourself. And you already know to have a fierce face and wear all black!
smiles.gif

anaaliyahfan03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
WOw! What store? Galleria?

yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
Congrats hun!!!

Practice before hand. I did!!! Make sure you do everything in under 30 minutes.

I didn't use primers, I just used paints. Also, Use a Viva Glam lipstick. They love that. Make sure you talk about the products. And get your model to help you out. Mine did, she just asked questions about the brushes and stuff to help me be calm.
lol.gif
I loved her for that because I was nervous too. Smile and enjoy yourself. And you already know to have a fierce face and wear all black!
smiles.gif

thanks girl

some how my stories got converted into one thread and my topic was changed and i seriously hate when my threads are messed with when i didnt violate anything...ugh!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaaliyahfan03
some how my stories got converted into one thread and my topic was changed and i seriously hate when my threads are messed with when i didnt violate anything...ugh!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

You didn't violate anything and there's nothing to be upset about.

They merged your threads because the both are concerned with the same topic: your hiring process with MAC (verbal interview, demo, etc. are considered all in one). The mods generally do not like duplicate threads of the same topic. It just makes it easier to read and navigate to have your threads in one convenient thread, instead of two or three or four and so on.
smiles.gif

lara

Thanks Lipshock, you beat me to it!

Multiple threads regarding the MAC hiring process featuring the same person are usually merged together, otherwise this forum becomes choked with many related threads by only a handful of people. It also keeps the information more relevant for other people, that way they don't have to hop from thread to thread.