Anastasia Beverly Hills Cosmetics

Jayjayy

eyelove.gif
They have a lipgloss set out now at Macys...I already have one of the shades so I'll just skip it and grab a few of these puppies!!!

Jayjayy

I wear NW45 in MAC's Studio Fix Foundation for reference. Although the colors do not look bad on those who I've seen them on with a similar skintone, they are not the particular shades that I was going for.
I don't love Peach Nectar on me either and I'm about 1 shade lighter that you. It's not glittery or chunky, but there are definately particles there. Swatches beautifully but on my face it's too obvious.

Jayjayy

The new glosses are up on the ABH site! The swatches on Instagram look veeery different from the pictures on the site. Her site is kind of crappy to me tbh but I want to get Tara and Fudge for sure, and possibly Warm Bronze and Sepia. I adore these glosses but I find them finicky to work with. They're so pigmented I have to apply a little and smooth it out with my finger or a brush, but they last beautifully.

montREALady

The new glosses are up on the ABH site! The swatches on Instagram look veeery different from the pictures on the site. Her site is kind of crappy to me tbh but I want to get Tara and Fudge for sure, and possibly Warm Bronze and Sepia. I adore these glosses but I find them finicky to work with. They're so pigmented I have to apply a little and smooth it out with my finger or a brush, but they last beautifully.
I've never tried any because they had so many bad reviews and I'm not in the mood, lol. The liquid lipstick ones? Maybe it's all in the technique, sounds like you have it down to a science. Let me take a peek
girlhaha.gif

Edit: sorry, I just responded to your post because of my email notification and didn't look at previous posts, lol. These are regular glosses it seems...

montREALady

So update on the highlighters:

I played with them a bit last night and even tried using it for my look today... stopped on half a cheekbone because I just wasn't feeling it (it was Peach Nectar). The peach tone doesn't translate on my deep skin and all I see is a metallic sheen... same goes for Riviera. I think on lighter skin tones, it could be a hit... but on a darker complexion, the nuances get totally lost. The only one I actually like is So Hollywood; I'll be returning the other two (which actually look almost identical on my skin anyway) to Macys this week.
This happens to me a lot. They all end up looking the same after looking different in the pan...I really have to stop buying highlighters already, lol.

Jayjayy

I've never tried any because they had so many bad reviews and I'm not in the mood, lol. The liquid lipstick ones? Maybe it's all in the technique, sounds like you have it down to a science. Let me take a peek :haha:   Edit: sorry, I just responded to your post because of my email notification and didn't look at previous posts, lol. These are regular glosses it seems...
Lol! Her liquid lipsticks are totally a waste of time and money! I have two of the reformulated ones and I ain't impressed. After dealing with those, can understand why people would hesitate to try the regular glosses.

montREALady

Lol! Her liquid lipsticks are totally a waste of time and money! I have two of the reformulated ones and I ain't impressed. After dealing with those, can understand why people would hesitate to try the regular glosses.
I think liquid lipsticks in themselves seem to be work. They don't seem to be a slap on and go kinda thing, you have to use a brush, apply sparingly, etc. I just bought two NYX Suede ones which also had bad reviews at first. Got them yesterday so I've only swatched on my hand. I bought and tried an LA Girl one that's crap. Aside from that I've never messed with any. And I'm not spending $20+ for something that's crap :lol: I'd rather experiment with cheaper versions. I know cheaper is sometimes not better but in the liquid lipstick world the higher priced aren't necessarily better either!

LiliV

I love the ABH liquid lipsticks, they last pretty much all day on me (without eating) and I love the texture and how mixable they are. But I totally agree, liquid lipsticks are a pain to put on, esp dark colors. I always have to use a lip brush and like triple check that I haven't gone shaky in any spots lol

awickedshape

I think liquid lipsticks in themselves seem to be work. They don't seem to be a slap on and go kinda thing, you have to use a brush, apply sparingly, etc. I just bought two NYX Suede ones which also had bad reviews at first. Got them yesterday so I've only swatched on my hand. I bought and tried an LA Girl one that's crap. Aside from that I've never messed with any. And I'm not spending $20+ for something that's crap :lol: I'd rather experiment with cheaper versions. I know cheaper is sometimes not better but in the liquid lipstick world the higher priced aren't necessarily better either!
Lol Which NYX shades did you get [@]montREALady[/@]?

makeupmaiiden

I didnt think id get any cream contour palettes, but I might get the one in fair. I reeaally like the grey tones and I like how there are different shades for different skin tones. I miight have to spring for it. Its just the heavy intense look from cream contouring that i dont love too much

leonah

to all of you who have purchased an illuminator from ABH, does your top lid jiggle a bit? mine does stay put pretty good but at the same time it kinda jiggles a bit and doesn't seem to be "safe" with the lid.. I'm afraid it will open if I for example have it with me in my bag or something

Latest posts