Anime and Manga - Anyone here?

DILLIGAF

I'm in the middle of watching the second episode of RWBY and I realized that the corgi is named Zwei. Cute tribute to Ein the Corgi from Cowboy Bebop.

Goat Goat Etc.

Oh goodness, nothing but tears here.
cry.gif

You need to watch Wolf Children. It's about a young woman who becomes a single mother and has to struggle to raise her children who have the ability to transform into wolves at will.

Goat Goat Etc.

Wakfu. It's currently on Netflix. It's a Franime? French anime? It's made entirely on adobe flash and looks really great. The styling of the characters is cartoonish but sometimes the content of the show is grown, but that's France I guess. I finished season 1 today and I was really impressed. It's about a boy, Yugo, and his group of friends who discover Yugo is born from a dragon and has special life essence called Wakfu. There's an obsessive villain who can manipulate time who's taking Wakfu from a lot of people and creatures and creating havoc. It's cute, funny, and action packed I recommend it.

Goat Goat Etc.

Not an anime but it's a really cute and bizarre French 3D animation film called Jack and the Cuckoo Clock Heart. Jack is born on the coldest night on earth and consequently is given a heart made out of a clock. This heart is pretty fragile and he cannot touch his clock heart, be angered, or fall in love but then he falls in love. That sets off a series of moves to get to the girl he likes. It's a wonderful musical and pretty to look at.

Goat Goat Etc.

While I'm at it, maybe watch A Monster in Paris? It's like a watered down Phantom of the Opera/Beauty in the Beast thing it's okay but not great. I stuck around for "La Seine and I." It was super catchy!

Goat Goat Etc.

Technically it's not anime but after all the talk on Tumblr I had to catch up. I watched the first few episodes when I had cable and binge watched these last few days and I am caught up!

I LOVE STEVEN UNIVERSE! I love that they have gotten in the habit of having songs too!

My favorite fusions, besides Garnet, are Stevonnie and Opal!

Goat Goat Etc.

Before I forget, I did binge watch Lagrange Rinne on Netflix. It pretty much sucked me in thanks to the opening theme for season 1. Super catchy! Overall I liked it because it revolved about girls, ancient mecha technology that could destroy the world again, and maintaining a friendship. It's 50% comical, 25% action, and 25% feels.

vimeo_logo.png

Goat Goat Etc.

Not anime but a really awesome French animation from 98. I have been trying to find it forever on youtube but could never remember the title. It's about Kirikou, a young baby boy so intelligent and brave, he faces a powerful sorceress that has plaguing his village. He even finds out her big, bad secret. I personally would cosplay the sorceress if I could figure out how to overcome being topless.
0.jpg

Goat Goat Etc.

So saw gifs of Aikatsu floating around on tumblr and had to find out what it was about!

It looked like Vocaloid a bit but turned out Bandai made a collectible card game and made a show based around it. So these junior high girls are passionate about being pop stars and go to a school for it but the draw is that they do their concerts in a digital setting and undergo a "magical girl" outfit change. They have fashion designers that make them these amazing dresses and outfits for performances and they're drool-worthy! Also based on their special floaty auras the girls can do something called an "appeal" by themselves or between each other. Appeals are like special signature effects. I feel like cosplaying some of there characters would be so hard, their costumes are so intricate! It's super cute! Some of the songs have me hooked too, one of my favorites is Eternal Flickering Flame!
0.jpg

0.jpg

toupeemoor

I've read tons of manga and seen lots of anime. Some of my favorites are Ayashi no Ceres (Yuu Watase!), Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, Detective Conan, Faster than a Kiss, Vision of Escaflowne, Ranma 1/2, Chobits, and more.
I always feel like I hit the jackpot whenever I find something with great art and superb story like Chobits and Ayashi no Ceres.

Latest posts