Any Singaporeans here?

dreamer246

Or anyone based in Singapore, really. Hello! We should have our own little MAC community.
greengrin.gif

VIC MAC

Well I'm not in Singapore, but my husband is at the moment :) Maybe you can tell me if there are any exicting MAC stuff he should get while he is there?

Vic

dreamer246

Nope nothing exciting here. Get the P+P Skin Refined Zone if you need it, it's an Asia exclusive although it's gonna be launched internationally in April.

dreamer246

It's only 10:50pm here, not too late. Oh, there's MAC at the airport, duty free. Your husband might be able to get stuff from there at a cheaper price.
tong.gif

VIC MAC

I'll send him through the MAC at the airport then...yyiipppee - He so laughs at me when I ask him to buy MAC! But he does as ordered.... isn't that great!
Is there anything else he should see..... He loves turtles, so I've found him the adress for the Turtle museum, and also Singapore Zoo, which is supposed to be good!

dreamer246

Aww he loves turtles? That's cute.
greengrin.gif
If he likes nature he should definitely check out the zoo, bird park, and night safari.
thmbup.gif
The singapore science centre is good too.
smiles.gif

You have a good husband.
tong.gif
Need to check out which airport terminal the MAC is located at though. I think there's a thread below on that.

VIC MAC

I can just check the airport website - thanks so much
yahoo.gif

I'll send him to see the sience centre too
thmbup.gif
He does love animals, and our 2 little dogs - we've just been SKYPING so he could se them... hi hi

I might even be coming out to Singapore with him next time, in a couple of month, so I'll have to go see all those places too
th_DANCE.gif

Take Care, Victoria

stickles

I'm based in Singapore too! Although I'm not Singaporean, just P R
greengrin.gif

I love checking out duty-free when I travel, it's almost close to the prices I'm used to paying back home before in Canada.

ambidextrous

I WAS in Singapore for 4 months... on exchange from August to December. I miss it ;__; Oh yeah the prices at Changi Airport are heaven compared to Austria here lol

dreamer246

Hello! I haven't seen you around the boards before.
smiles.gif
How long have you been based in Singapore? I don't travel very often so I haven't visited the duty free MAC counter. So, MAC is overpriced here (since you mentioned it's cheaper in Canada)?

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambidextrous
I WAS in Singapore for 4 months... on exchange from August to December. I miss it ;__; Oh yeah the prices at Changi Airport are heaven compared to Austria here lol

Aww, you can come back to visit Singapore some time in the future!
winkiss.gif
Which school did you do your exchange at?

stickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Hello! I haven't seen you around the boards before.
smiles.gif
How long have you been based in Singapore? I don't travel very often so I haven't visited the duty free MAC counter. So, MAC is overpriced here (since you mentioned it's cheaper in Canada)?

I'm more a specktra reader than a writer, though I'll do the occasional mega-swatch post.

I find that if I buy from duty-free in SG, then add on my husband's SQ PPS discount of 10%, the prices are *almost* on par with Canadian retail prices (depending on the exchange rate). That being said, US prices are still lower!

I've been here for 2.5 years now, and though there are brands I miss that I can't get here in Singapore (like Urban Decay or Cover Girl), it's also worth it to get access to Japanese/Korean brands like MJ or Kose.

ambidextrous

Quote:
Aww, you can come back to visit Singapore some time in the future!
winkiss.gif
Which school did you do your exchange at?

I was at SMU ^^ had a great time! Yeah I'm flying to Taipei constantly, so if I have more money I'm gonna take Singapore Airlines and stay a few days ^^ ahhh miss the food, shopping, atmosphere X_X

dreamer246

Quote:
I was at SMU ^^ had a great time! Yeah I'm flying to Taipei constantly, so if I have more money I'm gonna take Singapore Airlines and stay a few days ^^ ahhh miss the food, shopping, atmosphere X_X

OMG babe, are you kidding me? I'm a student at SMU too, currently in my 3rd year! Maybe we've even walked past each other on campus before.
greengrin.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
I'm more a specktra reader than a writer, though I'll do the occasional mega-swatch post.

I find that if I buy from duty-free in SG, then add on my husband's SQ PPS discount of 10%, the prices are *almost* on par with Canadian retail prices (depending on the exchange rate). That being said, US prices are still lower!

I've been here for 2.5 years now, and though there are brands I miss that I can't get here in Singapore (like Urban Decay or Cover Girl), it's also worth it to get access to Japanese/Korean brands like MJ or Kose.

I see. Yeah I guess there are more Asian brands here. I don't use them though, most of my stuff are from MAC.
winks.gif
How are you adapting to life in Singapore?
smiles.gif

ambidextrous

Quote:
OMG babe, are you kidding me? I'm a student at SMU too, currently in my 3rd year! Maybe we've even walked past each other on campus before.
greengrin.gif

WOW that's so cool! Which programm are you in? Ö_Ö Yeah chances are we did XD but I rarely wore makeup since it would all melt off/had no time

dreamer246

Quote:
WOW that's so cool! Which programm are you in? Ö_Ö Yeah chances are we did XD but I rarely wore makeup since it would all melt off/had no time

I'm from the School of Social Sciences.
yes.gif
How about you?

I still put on makeup everyday though. I guess I'm used to the tropical weather, makeup fading away is a norm for me.
greengrin.gif

VIC MAC

Hi again.....well BF's trip is soon going to be over! But he's been to see the turtle museum and the Zoo - and he liked it :)

Do you know by the way.. has well defined and creme team come out i Singapore yet???

Victoria