Anyone ever tried Master Cleanse diet/Lemonade Diet?

amrogers78

Hey everyone! I just got home from the grocery store after buying everything I need to do this master cleanse diet. It's something that I've been wanting to try, but never felt like I had the time do devote to it like I should. I'm a full-time student in nursing school, full-time employee, and full time mom! I have plenty of jobs, right? But, here lately, I've just been feeling awful! With the crazy schedule, I don't take care of myself like I should - my diet is awful and exercise is now non-existent. I have had multiple UTI's in the past year because of the crazy caffeine intake, and I feel sluggish and just icky. So, I thought that I would give this cleanse a try to get me back into a more functional state! Has anyone ever tried it? Any advice?

Enchantedcameo

Is this the Lemon diet that you drink a mixture of lemon juice, maple syrup, cianne
pepper and water? If so I did that diet a few years ago. The first day is the hardest, if you can go through the first day you should do fine. And you will lose weight. Lost 10 pounds when I did it.

rachybloom

Why not just go on a vegan diet for a while to "cleanse"? It'd be a whole lot healthier and give you more energy. Honestly, I think crazy diets/fasts like this will just make you feel worse and if all the weight you lose you'll just gain back anyway, right?

Cinammonkisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachybloom
Why not just go on a vegan diet for a while to "cleanse"? It'd be a whole lot healthier and give you more energy. Honestly, I think crazy diets/fasts like this will just make you feel worse and if all the weight you lose you'll just gain back anyway, right?

Not to be rude, but how can talk about a subject ie. the Master Cleanser if you have never experienced it, or researched it.

OP, I think the Master Cleanser would be awesome for you. Please make sure you buy the book by Stanley Burroughs. Its only $6.50 and roughly 40 page booklet.

Make sure you read, read, read before jumping on the wagon. The MC is hard for the first couple days, then gets easier over time. I think it's great that you want to jumpstart into a healthier lifestyle!

kariii

I Tried doing the MC for 7 days as a colon cleanse. My only suggestion is really drink that stuff when you're hungry, it will keep you fall! The first day you feel dizzy, the second day isn't as bad, but third day you feel cranky/moody, but after that you get the biggest rush of energy. It's nuts!

Simply Elegant

Fad diets aren't the way to go to lose weight and get more energy. You'll have more energy if you work out regularly and eat clean. You don't need a gimmicky fad diet. After you stop doing this, you're going to crave a lot of foods and it's not going to make you feel good if you indulge.

meland2lilones

i have always wanted to try this..ive read a bit about it..but like you i have not had the time to commit..good luck to you..and keep us updated..maybe you'll motivate me to do it
smiles.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinammonkisses
Not to be rude, but how can talk about a subject ie. the Master Cleanser if you have never experienced it, or researched it.

OP, I think the Master Cleanser would be awesome for you. Please make sure you buy the book by Stanley Burroughs. Its only $6.50 and roughly 40 page booklet.

Make sure you read, read, read before jumping on the wagon. The MC is hard for the first couple days, then gets easier over time. I think it's great that you want to jumpstart into a healthier lifestyle!

shockt.gif
I did the MC for 40 days on the suggestion of my mother who had read about it. I had extremely high cholesterol and triglicerides, as well as an intoxicated lvier and pancreas (I got an excess of meds from my back surgery and MRSA infection)... I really had no choice as I could not eat or digest any food post surgery.

As I said, I did the MC for the 40 days and the first few days were very difficult, after that it went smoothly and at the end of the 40 days, I had a re-do of my blood tests and my pathologist was awed -- all my high markers were down and I had lost 22 lbs!
th_DANCE.gif

I am about to start it again, for my second run in order to continue getting healthy not to lose any more weight (although being in a wheel chair does not help in maintaining weight or muscle tone)
yahoo.gif

I would tell anyone to have blood tests first and to try it.. you won't regret it. Nobody dies from not eating for a few weeks if they stay hidrated and the cleansing makes one feel light and renewed!! Best of luck!
th_DANCE.gif

cupcake_x

I'd try it, but only do it once or twice. It's not good to do it often because you're not getting the nutrients you need, and that's not healthy for your body at all.

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan
I think this should be bolded ...
greengrin.gif

Master Cleanse, etcetera, "cleansing" diets are nothing but phoney. If you really want to lose weight, do it healthy! Eat your fruits and veggies, eat less meat, cut out fat and oils! Also add on at least 4 to 5 hours of exercise a week and you're set.

Your body doesn't need help cleansing unless you've done some really bad damage to it ... and that's something you'd need to talk it with a doctor.

THIS should be bolded too
smiles.gif
!

Cinammonkisses

I will say that I dont' recommend anyone doing the MC strictly for weight loss. That is NOT what it was designed for. It is a cleansing of the toxins in your body. Weight loss is something that happens in some people, but honestly if you aren't living a healthy lifestyle in the first place, then the pounds are just going to come back. So many people lose alot of weight, then get upset when it comes back...you can't do this cleanse and then expect to keep it off if you go back to doing the same thing you've been doing...putting harmful things into your body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x
I'd try it, but only do it once or twice. It's not good to do it often because you're not getting the nutrients you need, and that's not healthy for your body at all.

If you read the book, then you would know that your body is obtaining the nutrients that it needs. And so you know, you actually are getting the nutrients that your body needs. Water, lemons, cayenne, and Grade B syrup. So you are getting essential vitamins and minerals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan
Your body doesn't need help cleansing unless you've done some really bad damage to it ... and that's something you'd need to talk it with a doctor.

Exactly! And look at the world we're living in. Everything we eat is filled with preservatives, hormones, pesticides among other things. In this day and age with chemicals and toxins in just about everything you eat and drink, cleanses can actually help you to be more healthy.

For those interested in LEARNING more about the Master Cleanser and don't want to buy the book, you can read the pdf here: http://healthandlight.com/TheMasterCleanse.pdf

Simply Elegant

By eating three things every day, how is that eating a variety of foods in moderation? There is no possible way you can get all of the nutrients you need every day on this cleanse. These things count towards being healthy. I'd be skeptical about what's in this book because it's not necessarily being proven as fact by anyone unbiased.

cupcake_x

Meh, I don't understand how from a drink you'll get everything you need.

But I'm a fatass at heart and LOVE LOVE LOVE food, so this would be impossible.
Maybe that's why I'm so against it
lol.gif

NutMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinammonkisses
Exactly! And look at the world we're living in. Everything we eat is filled with preservatives, hormones, pesticides among other things. In this day and age with chemicals and toxins in just about everything you eat and drink, cleanses can actually help you to be more healthy.

So why don't we just switch to a healthy diet rather than doing a cleanse? The human body has a whole system in place for cleansing toxins which is pretty efficient, expecially if we stop eating them.

Fataliya

Is this one of those things that gives you the powerful shits?? I've seen some scary ass pictures of what comes out...I'm too chicken to try it.

I also read (just read somewhere...I've never tried these things) that yes, you lose weight, but as soon as you start eating, you put the weight back on? Is that true?? I'd be pissed if I starved to lose 10 pounds and then gained it back a month later.

I wanna lose about 25-30 pounds. Ugh.

ApplePeace

I read it up a little and it dosent seem like it will damage your body but just to lose weight over this isnt that of a great idea, people gain weight for a reason so figureing out how did you gain it might help....also it might be better just to cut out what you eat, atleast that will turn into a heathly lifestyle..maybe..

XxXxX

I'm staying neutral in the MC debate, I haven't tried it or read the details but..

you do not have to eat food every single day of your life! Your body does not suffer nutrient deficiences bc you take a day or two off, or even a week. If you have been eating every day for a long time, it is really good for you to take just a few days off, drink some water, tea, juice; it helps to reset your body. Don't believe me? Research it. Not just internet sources, read articles too. Ask an expert.

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x

But I'm a fatass at heart and LOVE LOVE LOVE food,

th_LMAO.gif

i am the same way but just as a suggestion (this works for me with cleaning out my system)
1st day i take 6 matumucil and drink a glass of prune juice twice that day (it's really nasty but don't breathe out of your nose while drinking. ha!)
2nd day, only one glass of prune juice, 3-4 metamucil and only eat fruit
3rd day just eat fruit and i'll take like 3 metamucil
and then slowly get back into eating regularly but while i'm doing this the metamucil is still working to keep my shit flowing (i know that was nasty but oh well. my bad
tong.gif
. this helps me to eliminate junk out of my diet as much as i can and to keep me "clean" lol! it also works for losing a few pounds here and there.
but to lose weight, i just run on the treadmill. i don't know what it is with me but as soon as i start running, pounds just drop off left and right.

i'm not gonna knock any fad diets because i've never tried any. if that works then go for it. i read some other posts from ladies who have tried it and i say just read up on it like they said. if that's the route you choose to go, then go for it.

bottom line, everyone's body is different. i've suggested prune juice to two people and it had no effect whatsoever. i swear, i drink a glass of prune juice and i'm hemmed up on the toilet within a couple of hours. i know what i need to do to lose weight and clean myself out. everyone isn't the same. one of my bestfriends is doing a cleanse diet right now and it's working well for her. i just say, whatever works, then do it but if it's one of these diets just read up on it first for health reasons
yes.gif